EA Forums - Banner

Reordering tasks idea

its not a bad idea but i can't see it being implemented

i think there is a method to their madness when it comes to this.

Replies

• drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    kylstrk wrote:
    I couldn't find anything about this, so I thought I'd suggest. I know a lot of people here like visible tasks as opposed to the non-visible ones, but certain characters don't fit the timeframe we play so tons of people end up indoors. Maybe this was done on EA's part so there's not too many characters out and about taking up phone memory, I don't know.

But I think it'd be cool to be given the option to reorder our characters tasks (maybe at a cost of 3 donuts per character or something? EA's gotta benefit somehow). For example, I just bought Bumblebee Man with the 100 donuts I won on a golden scratch-r, and he only has visible 30m and 60m tasks. If I could reorder them, I'd probably move those to 12h or 24h, since that's what I usually send most characters on.

And before anyone mentions it - I did research his visible tasks before buying him, I wanted him either way. I just thought this would be useful to some of us.

And it would get all those people out of church for 12 hours (that's a lot of church) and get them doing other things. Or for those who use 1h tasks, it could get all those Kwik-E-Mart shoppers out doing other things for an hour.

:roll:

Real life and the Simpsons church isn't that long I could see Ned going for that long but I think that task would be better suited as a 1-2hr task
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited April 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    Real life and the Simpsons church isn't that long I could see Ned going for that long but I think that task would be better suited as a 1-2hr task

Homer would have that as a 5min task....or less if he could :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:

45s
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I hate how everyone heads to the church for 12 hours, I like outdoor tasks for that one. In fact I wish they were all outdoor tasks.

But on that note, how come Apu doesn't have any outdoor tasks but his brother who is a MUCH lesser character gets two good ones? I know Apu has one if you put him in his 4 July skin, but I never do that.
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    You DO realize that when someone visits your town, they see every character outdoors, right? If their indoor task has expired, we see them wandering aimlessly, but if their indoor task is still ongoing, EA assigns them one of their outdoor tasks at random. So, if you send Bumblebee Man to his ten hour indoor task to commence his divorce, a visitor will see him doing one of his outdoor tasks ... For ten hours :)

If you send Lisa to do next week's homework for 24 hours, then to a visitor, Lisa is seen either reading a book (Tolstoy, I guess) or playing her saxophone. And if a visitor steps out of your town and returns immediately, the characters may be on entirely different outdoor tasks. Sending everyone to KEM or vchurch makes for some great views to your neighbors.

So it DEFINITELY is not an effort by EA to save memory. Makes no sense to me.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    You DO realize that when someone visits your town, they see every character outdoors, right? If their indoor task has expired, we see them wandering aimlessly, but if their indoor task is still ongoing, EA assigns them one of their outdoor tasks at random. So, if you send Bumblebee Man to his ten hour indoor task to commence his divorce, a visitor will see him doing one of his outdoor tasks ... For ten hours :)

If you send Lisa to do next week's homework for 24 hours, then to a visitor, Lisa is seen either reading a book (Tolstoy, I guess) or playing her saxophone. And if a visitor steps out of your town and returns immediately, the characters may be on entirely different outdoor tasks. Sending everyone to KEM or vchurch makes for some great views to your neighbors.

Since valentine's day the tasks you see in your neighbours towns are completely random. They could be doing any task at the time you visit.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014

Since valentine's day the tasks you see in your neighbours towns are completely random. They could be doing any task at the time you visit.

It changes all the time 2
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    And they're always one of the outdoor tasks. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited April 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:

45s

What they could have done is called Homers Church task "Fall asleep in church" :lol: then it would be understandable why he was there for so long lol
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:

45s

What they could have done is called Homers Church task "Fall asleep in church" :lol: then it would be understandable why he was there for so long lol

Or even call it Praise Jeebus
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited April 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:

45s

Or even call it Praise Jeebus

BvYqiAM.gif

Yes!! That would have been wicked :thumbup:
  • kylstrk
    423 posts
    edited April 2014
    That is cool that my neighbors see them doing outdoor tasks at least!

And Apu does have 2 outdoor tasks, they are just short ones (45s and 1h)
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

That would make more sense!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!