EA Forums - Banner

Fargo The Series

Prev1
It airs tonight here's the series website for anyone interested.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/fargo

Replies

• juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    we don't get it until Sunday here but I'm going to watch
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Since we're making TV out of coen brother movies now... Why not Big Lebowski? :D
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    i hope they have a wood chipper scene in every episode
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    Since we're making TV out of coen brother movies now... Why not Big Lebowski? :D

I'd watch :D
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    i hope they have a wood chipper scene in every episode

I doubt every episode. But I wouldn't be surprised if we have a couple by the end of the series.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited April 2014
    Can we make TV shows out of Wes Anderson movies too?

Fargo looks promising.
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Hehe, I live in Fargo! The scenes were shot in Brainerd, MN, about 3 hours from Fargo. They are having a big premiere at the Fargo theater tonight, but I won't be able to make it. :-(
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I just saw the first episode on Netflix and im impressed!

So far its a really good show. Good in line with the movie too. Would really recommend this show. :D
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Wow... :lol: Yeah, that... that would be Billy Bob, if he was a serial killer, alright. It took kind of different direction than the movie, but the show claims that this is how it actually happened. Very interesting.
  • PonyDx
    185 posts
    edited April 2014
    I thought the first episode was right on par with the film in all aspects but more importantly the overall tone. Great cast but with some of the main cast working on so many other projects I can already tell who is going to die within the first season, It would be kinda neat to see that no one is safe and every dies at some point.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Good second episode. Not as good as the first but still pretty good.

*SPOILERS*

After two episodes we've already had quite a few characters killed off. I'm enjoying the show but being a true story with only the names being changed they can't be liberal with the characters. This is probably going to be a mini or very short series. I don't see it going more than two or three seasons at the absolute most. Unless they start telling different stories. (i.e. different year/characters)
  • Fettster777
    510 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Last night's episode was awesome. The best scene was when Oliver Platt's bodyguard came over to intimidate Billy Bob Thornton and BBT just gets up while the guy is yelling at him, drops his pants, sits on the toilet, and drops a deuce.

LOL
  • Fettster777
    510 posts Member
    edited April 2014

*SPOILERS*

After two episodes we've already had quite a few characters killed off. I'm enjoying the show but being a true story with only the names being changed they can't be liberal with the characters. This is probably going to be a mini or very short series. I don't see it going more than two or three seasons at the absolute most. Unless they start telling different stories. (i.e. different year/characters)

Its not a true story at all. They only show that because the same thing was said at the beginning of the Fargo movie which also was not a true story. It was used for dramatic effect in the movie.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited April 2014

*SPOILERS*

Its not a true story at all. They only show that because the same thing was said at the beginning of the Fargo movie which also was not a true story. It was used for dramatic effect in the movie.

Okay I stand corrected. I haven't seen Fargo in a while. Then this series may have some legs after all.
  • Fettster777
    510 posts Member
    edited April 2014

*SPOILERS*

Okay I stand corrected. I haven't seen Fargo in a while. Then this series may have some legs after all.

The series is supposed to only last 10 episodes as well. If its successful enough, which I'm sure it will be, then they may renew it for another season for a new story.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    So I just watched all the episodes of Fargo on demand currently. I have a question for those in the north. Are you offended by this show? A lot of the main male character are portrayed as idiots. All the male children are complete idiots. The female cop apparently is a genius but no one listens to her, and all the other women are portrayed as not to bright as well.

If this "True Story", and I add quotes because I don't believe it to be true, was suppose to take place in my home state, and they used our accents, I would be offended.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited May 2014

If this "True Story", and I add quotes because I don't believe it to be true, was suppose to take place in my home state, and they used our accents, I would be offended.

As stated earlier in the thread it's not really a true story the Cohen brothers just use that for dramatic effect like they did in the movie.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm a couple of episodes behind everyone I think, but I've really enjoyed it so far and will watch the next one tomorrow night (I have it taped).

I really love Billy Bob Thornton's character, but Martin Freeman is really good too :D
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Any body watching the new season of Fargo? So far I think this season is better than last seasons.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Any body watching the new season of Fargo? So far I think this season is better than last seasons.

Last night I watched the first episode (got the others recorded) but thought it was really good - it had me laughing a lot!
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    juliet603 wrote:

Last night I watched the first episode (got the others recorded) but thought it was really good - it had me laughing a lot!

It's both funny and good to watch. It's one of those shows were you thinking, "wow it's already over, that went quick". It's only gotten better as the season goes on IMO.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!