EA Forums - Banner

More than 2 hours and no word from EA

Prev1



i give up on trying to get the video to show up, link it is xD

Replies

  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited December 2012
    Albert Einstein (AE) has been gone for a while...
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited December 2012
    albert2k wrote:
    This is increible, I paid for donuts and no word from AE when this type of problem happen.

    You expected a two-hour turnaround on a technical issue on a Sunday?
  • albert2k
    271 posts
    edited December 2012
    thejudd67 wrote:
    albert2k wrote:
    This is increible, I paid for donuts and no word from AE when this type of problem happen.

    You expected a two-hour turnaround on a technical issue on a Sunday?

    Sorry I work in technical services in a company and when something happen, the first that I do is let the user that there is a problem. I paid for this, I expect technical support any day and any hour.
  • RJK62284
    59 posts
    edited December 2012
    Last weekend a lot of us were out for three days without word. Then it was fixed on Monday and an ea rep said most of the programmers don't work weekends.
  • The-Gaz-9
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    So theres no EA rep that comes on here to tell the masses whats going on? Shocking.
  • butterfly660
    229 posts
    edited December 2012
    albert2k wrote:
    I expect technical support any day and any hour.

    LMAO!!! Good luck with that.
  • cwk131
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    The problems with this game would all be forgivable if it were completely free. But EA knows the game has serious issues (They've made several error messages now, each describing a different problem) and they STILL accept and encourage the user to pay actual money for in game items. I just bought Krustylu Studios, and whenever I try to complete it's construction, the game crashes.
    This is a good game that just needs some of the kinks worked. If EA just stopped offering premium items till they knew for sure the game won't crap out on a paying customer, then we'd all be a lot more patient with the game.
  • JimmymBean
    73 posts
    edited December 2012
    albert2k wrote:
    This is increible, I paid for donuts and no word from EA when this type of problem happen.

    You should have save and bought elsewhere

    Signature says it all
  • brightsi5
    15 posts
    edited December 2012
    Totally agree. Never mind two hours, I've been waiting weeks for a response. The most messed up game with the most greedy in-app purchases and dire customer service I have EVER experienced. If we keep paying money to EA though they will never learn. Time to boycott them until they provide games that work and resolve issues in days not years.
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited December 2012
    brightsi5 wrote:
    Totally agree. Never mind two hours, I've been waiting weeks for a response. The most messed up game with the most greedy in-app purchases and dire customer service I have EVER experienced. If we keep paying money to EA though they will never learn. Time to boycott them until they provide games that work and resolve issues in days not years.

    You're boycotting so they can continue to not make money off you? Interesting strategy.

    What issue have you been waiting weeks for a response on?
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited December 2012
    JimmymBean wrote:
    albert2k wrote:
    This is increible, I paid for donuts and no word from EA when this type of problem happen.

    You should have save and bought elsewhere

    Signature says it all

    Flagged as SPAM
  • brightsi5
    15 posts
    edited December 2012
    thejudd67 wrote:
    brightsi5 wrote:
    Totally agree. Never mind two hours, I've been waiting weeks for a response. The most messed up game with the most greedy in-app purchases and dire customer service I have EVER experienced. If we keep paying money to EA though they will never learn. Time to boycott them until they provide games that work and resolve issues in days not years.

    You're boycotting so they can continue to not make money off you? Interesting strategy.

    What issue have you been waiting weeks for a response on?

    Please don't write such patronising and ill-informed rubbish. Do you think EA made this game as some kind of charity project? Like many others I have spent a lot of money buying donuts, but am saying that I'm not spending a penny more with EA until they either fix these problems or give me a refund. Companies exist to make money, so it is reasonable to suggest that we use our purchasing power to seek change. This worked with Starbucks in the UK recently who have finally agreed to pay corporation tax here following customer pressure. We also have the ability here to ask Trading Standards to enforce our consumer protection laws and our Information Commissioner to do the same re privacy, and I intend to do both if I don't get a reply in the next few days.

    The issue I am still waiting for help with is that my Origin account was hacked and EA phone support in the UK said they couldn't help with mobile gaming at all The poor guy I spoke to tried to see if he could at least look up my account but wasn't able to and said how sorry he was that EA don't allow him to support mobile gamers. He then directed me to a webpage, but then was quickly told by a colleague, which he relayed to me: 'don't use that page, no-one ever deals with cases on there, you'll be waiting months but will be lucky to get a reply at all.' He then directed me to a different page to submit the report, which I could not use without first logging in to my Origin account (which was impossible as it had been hacked). So he advised creating a new account, which I did, logged in and made a full report. Nothing heard since. Shambolic in the extreme. This game has been a mess since it was released judging by the huge volume of complaints about it on the Aop Store, here and on various gaming sites.

    Try a little humility in your next post unless you want to look like an arrogant dimwit.
  • albert2k
    271 posts
    edited December 2012
    Wao, more than 4 hours and no word. This suck.
  • HsueEEE
    233 posts
    edited December 2012
    albert2k wrote:
    Wao, more than 4 hours and no word. This suck.

    dude, chill... u cant expect everything to work 100% 24/7, things happen and im sure EA is working on it even though its a sunday. Maybe you should go do something else, go outside and play some basketball, watch some Fooseball on TV!
  • theSchlicki
    5 posts
    edited December 2012
    HsueEEE wrote:
    albert2k wrote:
    Wao, more than 4 hours and no word. This suck.

    dude, chill... u cant expect everything to work 100% 24/7, things happen and im sure EA is working on it even though its a sunday. Maybe you should go do something else, go outside and play some basketball, watch some Fooseball on TV!


    hrowing a bomb to EA's headquarter would have the same effect like writing something in this forum without a moderator and anything else.. * off this company... iA stand for ignorating *....
  • theSchlicki
    5 posts
    edited December 2012
    brightsi5 wrote:
    thejudd67 wrote:
    brightsi5 wrote:
    Totally agree. Never mind two hours, I've been waiting weeks for a response. The most messed up game with the most greedy in-app purchases and dire customer service I have EVER experienced. If we keep paying money to EA though they will never learn. Time to boycott them until they provide games that work and resolve issues in days not years.

    You're boycotting so they can continue to not make money off you? Interesting strategy.

    What issue have you been waiting weeks for a response on?

    Please don't write such patronising and ill-informed rubbish. Do you think EA made this game as some kind of charity project? Like many others I have spent a lot of money buying donuts, but am saying that I'm not spending a penny more with EA until they either fix these problems or give me a refund. Companies exist to make money, so it is reasonable to suggest that we use our purchasing power to seek change. This worked with Starbucks in the UK recently who have finally agreed to pay corporation tax here following customer pressure. We also have the ability here to ask Trading Standards to enforce our consumer protection laws and our Information Commissioner to do the same re privacy, and I intend to do both if I don't get a reply in the next few days.

    The issue I am still waiting for help with is that my Origin account was hacked and EA phone support in the UK said they couldn't help with mobile gaming at all The poor guy I spoke to tried to see if he could at least look up my account but wasn't able to and said how sorry he was that EA don't allow him to support mobile gamers. He then directed me to a webpage, but then was quickly told by a colleague, which he relayed to me: 'don't use that page, no-one ever deals with cases on there, you'll be waiting months but will be lucky to get a reply at all.' He then directed me to a different page to submit the report, which I could not use without first logging in to my Origin account (which was impossible as it had been hacked). So he advised creating a new account, which I did, logged in and made a full report. Nothing heard since. Shambolic in the extreme. This game has been a mess since it was released judging by the huge volume of complaints about it on the Aop Store, here and on various gaming sites.

    Try a little humility in your next post unless you want to look like an arrogant dimwit.

    Are your working for EA or * somebody ofthem? lol
  • Philbowen
    120 posts
    edited December 2012
    There was word from EA in the form of that error message, somebody must be working there to have actioned that so they are very well likely to be working on it...

    Probably some poor sod on his own switching things off and back on again to see if it cures the problem lol
  • Digdagdog99
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    Lost my original Springfield and about 500 donuts
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited December 2012
    brightsi5 wrote:
    thejudd67 wrote:
    brightsi5 wrote:
    Totally agree. Never mind two hours, I've been waiting weeks for a response. The most messed up game with the most greedy in-app purchases and dire customer service I have EVER experienced. If we keep paying money to EA though they will never learn. Time to boycott them until they provide games that work and resolve issues in days not years.

    You're boycotting so they can continue to not make money off you? Interesting strategy.

    What issue have you been waiting weeks for a response on?

    Please don't write such patronising and ill-informed rubbish. Do you think EA made this game as some kind of charity project? Like many others I have spent a lot of money buying donuts, but am saying that I'm not spending a penny more with EA until they either fix these problems or give me a refund. Companies exist to make money, so it is reasonable to suggest that we use our purchasing power to seek change. This worked with Starbucks in the UK recently who have finally agreed to pay corporation tax here following customer pressure. We also have the ability here to ask Trading Standards to enforce our consumer protection laws and our Information Commissioner to do the same re privacy, and I intend to do both if I don't get a reply in the next few days.

    The issue I am still waiting for help with is that my Origin account was hacked and EA phone support in the UK said they couldn't help with mobile gaming at all The poor guy I spoke to tried to see if he could at least look up my account but wasn't able to and said how sorry he was that EA don't allow him to support mobile gamers. He then directed me to a webpage, but then was quickly told by a colleague, which he relayed to me: 'don't use that page, no-one ever deals with cases on there, you'll be waiting months but will be lucky to get a reply at all.' He then directed me to a different page to submit the report, which I could not use without first logging in to my Origin account (which was impossible as it had been hacked). So he advised creating a new account, which I did, logged in and made a full report. Nothing heard since. Shambolic in the extreme. This game has been a mess since it was released judging by the huge volume of complaints about it on the Aop Store, here and on various gaming sites.

    Try a little humility in your next post unless you want to look like an arrogant dimwit.

    Your recent join date and low post count tell me you're new. Many of the problems people run into with the game and post about here are things they have some means of control over and as someone who has been around for a while and read a lot I was trying to offer to help. But you decided to take something a bit too seriously and get all rude and offended instead.

    Inspite of your attitude I'm still going to offer some potentially useful information. If you decide to seek a refund for whatever quantity of donuts you claim to have purchased you need to take to Apple and not EA. Since Apple acted as the intermediary and was who you actually paid it's them you will get your refund from. Explain your issue, send them your receipts if you still have them (or dig through your purchase history) and they will credit you back. I'm told they're very quick and efficient at it as well.

    Happy to be of service. :D
  • brightsi5
    15 posts
    edited February 2013
    Finally got a reply from EA-which said to use the online forums.... Which are not available from the UK!

    Madness!

    Have started again, and have to admit that the game is more stable. Until EA offer proper support in the UK, Im not buying any more in app purchases on this or on Monopoly (same problem, bought gold coins, lost them all, zero support).

    Sure, I could take this up with Apple, but as the problem is with EA, particularly their poor support, server issues and terrible problems with in-app purchases, I chose to express my concerns on an EA forum instead.

    I really hope EA are paying attention to these messages as it doesn't make business sense to release software that isn't stable and to provide no support when things go wrong.

    To thejudd67: don't be surprised if you get irate responses if you make rude comments yourself. Instead of spending time providing information I did not want or need, a simple: 'sorry' would have been more appropriate. I hope you show more humility and good humour in future, and wish you well.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.