EA Forums - Banner

EA's crappy maths is ruining this Event!! (rant)

Replies

• Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    mwilsonsix wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    mwilsonsix wrote:
    Do you really need to be reminded about how much people were whining about this at Christmas? And in the end most people got everything, at most missing one or two.
    LMAO who got everything? Just because a tiny percent of players got everything don't mean everyone got everything.

Hell if people hadn't made a big deal about how unfair that wheel was half of the people who cleared the wheel would've been one or two good prizes short of having everything... So please do tell who is everyone? :roll:
    Uh. What? Here are three threads I found in the first three search results with over 30 pages of people talking about clearing the wheel.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9874334.page
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9861480.page
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9972159.page

Daily players with close to 100 friends, which I imagine describes most people on this forum, were mostly done well ahead of time. That's assuming competence on their part though, which in this case I guess there's room for doubt. Define a "tiny percent" of players that managed to complete it.
    With Xmas, with regular tapping you could get well over 100 spins. Meaning that the only thing between you and the prize was bad luck - you'd cleared enough so the odds SHOULD work out for you (on a reasonable average).

With these boxes, they have slanted odds again, but you're lucky if you get 10+ goes at it. Which means, not only are you hoping not to be on the unlucky side of the average, but also that you're never gonna get close to "just being unlucky" to miss out but just hoping for any decent prize at all!!
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I personally think EA's going about it wrong. They're (seemingly) hoping for massive donut purchases of eggs from a smaller percentage of players to get everything.

As they've got a cap before getting all prizes (eg. all characters/buildings should be earned after 80/81 spins per box colour), if I got almost 60-70 spins per colour, I'd be inclined to drop donuts if I knew I'd only be dropping a maximum amount with a guarantee of getting the prizes.

They value larger payments from less players - I think that more players putting in a lesser amount of donuts would be better for their wallet, as well as generating better player goodwill. Not to mention that once you start going premium, it's a slippery slope (and all to EA's wallet's benefit).
  • GooooBanana
    20 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Linkwick wrote:
    (and all to EA's wallet's benefit).

Shame on businesses trying to make money, all while giving us a free game to play in the meantime! The horror!
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I don't know if this has been said because I didn't read every post due to the all the whining. But I wonder if the OP considered the reward for completing tasks. There are roughly 20 tasks and if each task produces 250 eggs, that's 5000 eggs. Also, there are eggs to be earned doing tasks with Homer, Ralph, etc.. I wonder how many boxes that is when you figure all that into the original math?
  • mrnohnaimers
    46 posts
    edited April 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    8injoe wrote:
    Ea's bottom line is to make money.
    So of course they are going to make the odds far out so that you need to buy donuts and put more money in their pockets.
    If this becomes their method of business they won't last very long...

They might lose a decent number of 100% freemium players but than again why should they care about losing 100% freemium players that have no intention of buying donuts. To EA, a 100% freemium player is a net loss to them (server costs etc) if I were them I wouldn't careless if I lose a bunch of players that never have and never will buy donuts.
    The business model of every freemium game is to force and/or entice freemium players into premium players, having an event in which all the rewards can be easily won without spending donuts is a stupid business strategy.
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited April 2014
    Linkwick wrote:

Shame on businesses trying to make money, all while giving us a free game to play in the meantime! The horror!

I don't mind EA making money, but I know for a fact, that they keep their understaffed devs and programmers on a way low salary, for the huge bucks they are making off their games. The reason I hate EA so much, is because their upper management gets overpaid, for people who in most cases studied economics (or other studies that focus on making money) and have nothing to do with gaming (they probably never played a videogame in their lives). These people are only in the business to make a lot of money and they don’t care what they are selling.
  • ATOMIKHOOLIGAN
    155 posts
    edited April 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    8injoe wrote:
    So of course they are going to make the odds far out so that you need to buy donuts and put more money in their pockets.

You must be new here...
    This had been there method for the last 5 years. You take a look at there free games, complete rip off prices. I've lost hope in EA because they are a bunch of selfish pricks, but. There is a massive difference between EA Mobile and the EA that make Battlefield etc etc.

So Tapped Out is my last EA game I'll play.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Linkwick wrote:

Didn't mean it's a bad thing, just that personally I'd have thought that more smaller purchases would be more income than a handful of big purchases.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I have to agree that the odds seem way against us getting anything decent.
    But what I do hope is that EA will realize this and release a patch to the update that makes it more reasonable.
    Maybe the boxes will be dropped down to 100 eggs. Maybe they extend the event. I have faith that they will make it reasonable to do without spending a single donut like they have in past events.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I don't know if this has been said because I didn't read every post due to the all the whining. But I wonder if the OP considered the reward for completing tasks. There are roughly 20 tasks and if each task produces 250 eggs, that's 5000 eggs. Also, there are eggs to be earned doing tasks with Homer, Ralph, etc.. I wonder how many boxes that is when you figure all that into the original math?
    Believe me, it's all in there.

BLUE/PINK EGGS (across whole event)
    *Characters (Homer, Ned, Ralph, Nelson, Moe, Crazy Cat Lady) = 6,245 eggs
    *Tasks = 4,500 eggs
    *Friend Visits = 16,200 eggs
    *Egg Generator Gift = 3,150 eggs
    *Carrots = 1,260 eggs
    *Rabbits around Town = 7,776 eggs (at max)
    TOTAL = 36,701 eggs

GOLD EGGS
    Add 6,500 gold eggs from B/P boxes (36,500 /500 x45% x(100+300)/2)

GRAND TOTAL = 43k eggs. Give or take with the baskets, etc.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Linkwick wrote:
    Believe me, it's all in there.

BLUE/PINK EGGS (across whole event)
    *Characters (Homer, Ned, Ralph, Nelson, Moe, Crazy Cat Lady) = 6,245 eggs
    *Tasks = 4,500 eggs
    *Friend Visits = 16,200 eggs
    *Egg Generator Gift = 3,150 eggs
    *Carrots = 1,260 eggs
    *Rabbits around Town = 7,776 eggs (at max)
    TOTAL = 36,701 eggs

GOLD EGGS
    Add 6,500 gold eggs from B/P boxes (36,500 /500 x45% x(100+300)/2)

GRAND TOTAL = 43k eggs. Give or take with the baskets, etc.

Wow. That's a Lotta calculating. Thanks for doing that for us ...
    Of course, (and as you indicated it was at MAx) that 7,776 eggs from the rabbits assumes someone is going to check in every five hours, since once 5 hours passes, they stop generation until cleared.

But what shocked me was that gold egg number. 6,500 eggs would be only 13 boxes. So at the very best, eg working at max capacity, getting up at odd hours for a month to set those tasks precisely, etc., the person gets 13 chances? For NINE prizes?

No wonder so many people are upset.

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • jimmyw31
    214 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Good evening. In the past few hours and the hours to come, tappers from here will be joining others from around the world. And we will be launching the largest tapped out holiday event in the history of tapped out kind. Tapped out kind. Those words should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty need to collect limited time items anymore. We will be united in our common interests of playing this game and having fun. Perhaps it's fate that this is the Easter event, and we will one again be tapping not just for items, but freedom to enjoy this game from tyranny, oppression, or anxiety and stress from not collecting everything because we have to. We should be tapping for our right to have fun. And should we win the day, tapped out will no longer be considered "work" or a "grind" by some forum tappers here, but as the day tappers everywhere declared in one voice, "we will not go quietly into the night! We will not get stressed out and think of this as a fight!" We're going to tap on. We're going to have fun. Today we celebrate...another day of tapped out.

President-Whitmore.jpg
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    jimmyw31 wrote:
    Good evening. In the past few hours and the hours to come, tappers from here will be joining others from around the world. And we will be launching the largest tapped out holiday event in the history of tapped out kind. Tapped out kind. Those words should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty need to collect limited time items anymore. We will be united in our common interests of playing this game and having fun. Perhaps it's fate that this is the Easter event, and we will one again be tapping not just for items, but freedom to enjoy this game from tyranny, oppression, or anxiety and stress from not collecting everything because we have to. We should be tapping for our right to have fun. And should we win the day, tapped out will no longer be considered "work" or a "grind" by some forum tappers here, but as the day tappers everywhere declared in one voice, "we will not go quietly into the night! We will not get stressed out and think of this as a fight!" We're going to tap on. We're going to have fun. Today we celebrate...another day of tapped out.

President-Whitmore.jpg

Awesomeness! :lol::lol::lol:
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    teo47 wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    8injoe wrote:

They will last just fine. People whine on this forum no matter what EA does, so how will it make any difference? From what I can see, EA's only "mistake" is giving us as players TOO MANY available free prizes to get them all without spending donuts. This is quite possibly in response to the complaining during the Valentine's Day event about getting many multiples of the same items after the wheel was cleared, i.e. that there were TOO FEW prizes for the length of the event. Given the vast differences in how people play this game, there is no way to get it just right for everyone, is there?
    Don't mix up empty complaints with real complaints. If this nonsense goes on for too long people will stop playing. At this point people didn't stop playing only because they've invested a lot into this game. But remember everyone has limits, and from what I can see they're really testing them now.

This isn't just this failure, it's everything EA has been doing lately.

They've been letting huge bugs go rampant, and instead of fixing them they go and "fix" things that are just fine, and the wheel/boxes thing would be one of those things.

They've been skimping on content.

They've been increasing prices on premiums.

I mean should I really continue?

The whole point of a freemium game is to entice people to spend money not entice them to gamble it away. They were on top last year because they had a good business model, but now they threw that away for whatever reason. Personally I think it's because greed. Knowing EA's history that's all they seem to care about.

"The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    There's an old saying, you get what you pay for. I'm a premium player with well over $500 invested in this game over almost two years. I've seen EA give bonuses and reward "freemium" players nonstop with little perks or compensation for "premium" players. Tear me apart for what I'm about to say, but, it looks like if you want everything in this update you might just have to pay for it for once.

There's been far too many items I've spent donuts on that EA turns around and makes available for cash. Then I've seen EA give away what was made available for donut only purchases under the presumptions of "limited time only". Then the best is when they do a deal on multiple premium items all the while with no compensation for those that had already bought said items and have been paying since day one.

Thats my rant- you get what you pay for. I've spent 200 donuts on eggs so far and I really can't say I'm disappointed. However, what would be disappointing is if EA changes the odds later on. I think they've done that before too......
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    8injoe wrote:

You must be new here...
    This had been there method for the last 5 years. You take a look at there free games, complete rip off prices. I've lost hope in EA because they are a bunch of selfish pricks, but. There is a massive difference between EA Mobile and the EA that make Battlefield etc etc.

HAHA me new!? Thanks for making me laugh...

I've been playing this game pretty much since it came out. There business model was OK before this year. Now they are reaching, and reaching very far.

I've been playing EA games for probably 13 years, and the company as a whole has been getting worse and worse as the years went by. They let greed control an art form that shouldn't be this focused on robbing its players. This almost feels like schemes they'd do in the stock market to rip people off except here they are giving people imaginary ****. There is a reason why EA was rated one of the worst companies in the world last year or maybe the year before that.

You know as messed up as they are for doing all this I blame the people who actually giving them business in the first place. If people boycotted the company for a while they'd get their act together... that's if they didn't want to go bankrupt of course. If people think their favorite games would disappear, they'd be wrong because other game companies would just buy out the franchises.
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    8injoe wrote:

You must be new here...

I've been playing this game pretty much since it came out. There business model was OK before this year. Now they are reaching, and reaching very far.

I've been playing EA games for probably 13 years, and the company as a whole has been getting worse and worse as the years went by. They let greed control an art form that shouldn't be this focused on robbing its players. This almost feels like schemes they'd do in the stock market to rip people off except here they are giving people imaginary ****. There is a reason why EA was rated the one of the worst companies in the world last year or maybe the year before that.

You know as messed up as they are for doing all this I blame the people who actually give them money in the first place. If people boycotted the company for a while they'd get their act together... that's of they didn't want to go bankrupt of course. If people think their favorite games would disappear, they'd be wrong because other game companies would just buy out the franchises.

We should boycott Walmart too.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    8injoe wrote:

You must be new here...

I've been playing EA games for probably 13 years, and the company as a whole has been getting worse and worse as the years went by. They let greed control an art form that shouldn't be this focused on robbing its players. This almost feels like schemes they'd do in the stock market to rip people off except here they are giving people imaginary ****. There is a reason why EA was rated the one of the worst companies in the world last year or maybe the year before that.

You know as messed up as they are for doing all this I blame the people who actually give them money in the first place. If people boycotted the company for a while they'd get their act together... that's of they didn't want to go bankrupt of course. If people think their favorite games would disappear, they'd be wrong because other game companies would just buy out the franchises.

We should boycott Walmart too.
    thankfully I don't have to deal with walmart. I don't have a walmart where I live!
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    There's an old saying, you get what you pay for. I'm a premium player with well over $500 invested in this game over almost two years. I've seen EA give bonuses and reward "freemium" players nonstop with little perks or compensation for "premium" players. Tear me apart for what I'm about to say, but, it looks like if you want everything in this update you might just have to pay for it for once.

There's been far too many items I've spent donuts on that EA turns around and makes available for cash. Then I've seen EA give away what was made available for donut only purchases under the presumptions of "limited time only". Then the best is when they do a deal on multiple premium items all the while with no compensation for those that had already bought said items and have been paying since day one.

Thats my rant- you get what you pay for. I've spent 200 donuts on eggs so far and I really can't say I'm disappointed. However, what would be disappointing is if EA changes the odds later on. I think they've done that before too......
    WOW :shock:

I don't know whether to loose faith in people having common sense or laugh...

If you think they are punishing freemium players you must be on some elitist trip! You go ahead and waste your money on a CHANCE to win something good. Tell me how that goes when your wallet is a few hundred dollars lighter for what? A couple of characters and buildings.... You're real funny you know that? Maybe you should get into comedy lmao! :lol::lol::lol:

I can pretty much buy out the entire premium item list with the money it would take to win a fraction of the stuff those donuts are worth... Geez I better stop while I'm ahead, I don't want to sound like a ****! :roll:
  • rjowner115
    38 posts
    edited April 2014
    maybe they will extend the holiday
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.