EA Forums - Banner

EA's Greed is shameless

Prev13456
If you haven't figured it out yet, unless you buy lots and lots of donuts theirs no way your gonna get everything. Ea's greed is shameless. They think were SHMUCKS!! plain and simple. It will be interesting to see just how long until the rants about the box spins begin and people begin to figure out they are being played for fools. Wheres Josh when we truly need him the most. This is by far the most blatantly greediest update the game has ever seen. If your freemium forget about it, it ain't gonna happen.
<a href="http://imgur.com/Ro52U5A"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/Ro52U5A.jpg&quot; title="Hosted by imgur.com"/></a>
Haha the rants already started buddy! :twisted:

And honestly I have to agree with you. This time Josh's rants would be warrented. But hey that's what we're here for right... 8)

Replies

  • dmorgado
    122 posts
    edited April 2014
    <
    Leaves to buy donuts.
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    If you haven't figured it out yet, unless you buy lots and lots of donuts theirs no way your gonna get everything. Ea's greed is shameless. They think were SHMUCKS!! plain and simple. It will be interesting to see just how long until the rants about the box spins begin and people begin to figure out they are being played for fools. Wheres Josh when we truly need him the most. This is by far the most blatantly greediest update the game has ever seen. If your freemium forget about it, it ain't gonna happen.
    <a href="http://imgur.com/Ro52U5A"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/Ro52U5A.jpg&quot; title="Hosted by imgur.com"/></a>
    Haha the rants already started buddy! :twisted:

    And honestly I have to agree with you. This time Josh's rants would be warrented. But hey that's what we're here for right... 8)
    Most defiantly.... it's like EA is purposely self destructing the game. Don't they realize another game was released this past week and this is what they give us..utterly stunning!
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    dmorgado wrote:
    <
    Leaves to buy donuts.
    EA thanks you and will be waiting for you to buy even more, because they know you can never have to many fences, ponds and egg piles. :roll:
  • dmorgado
    122 posts
    edited April 2014
    They cant stay in business and give you everything for free. Why does no one seem to understand that. :shock:
  • lxfrenders710
    25 posts
    edited April 2014
    dmorgado wrote:
    They cant stay in business and give you everything for free. Why does no one seem to understand that. :shock:
    No one's asked for that. They're asking to not have to either hack or spend hundreds of dollars. Cause that's what it's gonna cost to get everything.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited April 2014
    As shocking as this may be EA are in this for the money plain and simple lol

    I do agree tho as this "Chance" of winning items i really dont like myself as i know that there is no way i will get everything, specially the Gold Egg items, Pink & blue eggs we do stand a chance of getting all (possibly) but i have done 300donuts on it so far and still have LOADS to get, got all the stuff i dont need Over n over :evil:

    Personally i would like them to bring back last Years Whacking Day version, where all the prizes were achievable by reaching a certain amount of snakes, this system could have been done again but changed to a certain amount of eggs collected to win the prize, if you didnt make the effort you didnt win everything......but the way it is now could well we could all put the effort in and still not get everything!

    Not often i have views like this but i really dont like having the "chance" of not owning everything the game releases, i have been playing over two years and not missed a single item! This could all change now :(
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    dmorgado wrote:
    They cant stay in business and give you everything for free. Why does no one seem to understand that. :shock:
    First of all I am not a freemium player, I have spent lots of hard earned money on this game, I don't expect everything for free but this is just plain ridicules shameless greed on there part. Of all the updates this one is totally geared to get us to spend way more then we normally would to get everything. And for what? there is nothing offered worth the amount you would have to spend to get it.
  • allthingsmed
    56 posts
    edited April 2014
    I haven't been playing that long (Feb. '14) but is $9.99 to buy donuts (132) really hard to come by even once in a while???? I'm by no means rich but Jesus ppl act like they have no money at all to spend on a game that more than likely commands a lot of their free time. Is the principal of it? It can't be the money can it? Personally I've probably spent more than $500.00 dollars since the VD update. But it's how you look at entertainment. People go out to eat a lot or shopping etc, etc...
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited April 2014
    dmorgado wrote:
    They cant stay in business and give you everything for free. Why does no one seem to understand that. :shock:
    First of all I am not a freemium player, I have spent lots of hard earned money on this game, I don't expect everything for free but this is just plain ridicules shameless greed on there part. Of all the updates this one is totally geared to get us to spend way more then we normally would to get everything. And for what? there is nothing offered worth the amount you would have to spend to get it.

    This could have been avoided if they done it like the WD last year or even like the FP point system we have were you could buy the items for a huge amount of donuts (which still gives EA its money) but also gives the Freemium people a chance of working towards to the items if they put the effort in.
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    dmorgado wrote:
    They cant stay in business and give you everything for free. Why does no one seem to understand that. :shock:
    Yeah because last year they didn't make $100 million off this game, without * everyone off... :roll:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    As shocking as this may be EA are in this for the money plain and simple lol

    I do agree tho as this "Chance" of winning items i really dont like myself as i know that there is no way i will get everything, specially the Gold Egg items, Pink & blue eggs we do stand a chance of getting all (possibly) but i have done 300donuts on it so far and still have LOADS to get, got all the stuff i dont need Over n over :evil:

    Personally i would like them to bring back last Years Whacking Day version, where all the prizes were achievable by reaching a certain amount of snakes, this system could have been done again but changed to a certain amount of eggs collected to win the prize, if you didnt make the effort you didnt win everything......but the way it is now could well we could all put the effort in and still not get everything!

    Not often i have views like this but i really dont like having the "chance" of not owning everything the game releases, i have been playing over two years and not missed a single item! This could all change now :(
    Goes to show how much they care about their paying customers. It's pathetic to say they least.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited April 2014
    I haven't been playing that long (Feb. '14) but is $9.99 to buy donuts (132) really hard to come by even once in a while???? I'm by no means rich but Jesus ppl act like they have no money at all to spend on a game that more than likely commands a lot of their free time. Is the principal of it? It can't be the money can it? Personally I've probably spent more than $500.00 dollars since the VD update. But it's how you look at entertainment. People go out to eat a lot or shopping etc, etc...

    I normally buy 900donuts each time sometimes more depending on the update (most likely this one) I'm not working out how much i have spent as i did that once and it was very concerning lol £9.99 isnt hard to come by for people but 132donuts doesnt buy you anything decent in the game lets be honest, it may buy decorations but your not really getting a character & a building with that amount :P

    I think a few people complain about spending money on the game cos you dont really have anything to show for it apart from a phone game, least with buying a Xbox/PS game you have no worries of it ending of not loading (at times)


    Edit: This is just my opinion nothing more. just saying.
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    dmorgado wrote:
    They cant stay in business and give you everything for free. Why does no one seem to understand that. :shock:
    First of all I am not a freemium player, I have spent lots of hard earned money on this game, I don't expect everything for free but this is just plain ridicules shameless greed on there part. Of all the updates this one is totally geared to get us to spend way more then we normally would to get everything. And for what? there is nothing offered worth the amount you would have to spend to get it.

    This could have been avoided if they done it like the WD last year or even like the FP point system we have were you could buy the items for a huge amount of donuts (which still gives EA its money) but also gives the Freemium people a chance of working towards to the items if they put the effort in.
    :thumbup: Agrees 100%
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    If you haven't figured it out yet, unless you buy lots and lots of donuts theirs no way your gonna get everything. Ea's greed is shameless. They think were SHMUCKS!! plain and simple. It will be interesting to see just how long until the rants about the box spins begin and people begin to figure out they are being played for fools. Wheres Josh when we truly need him the most. This is by far the most blatantly greediest update the game has ever seen. If your freemium forget about it, it ain't gonna happen.
    <a href="http://imgur.com/Ro52U5A"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/Ro52U5A.jpg&quot; /></a>

    He is banned unfortunately.
  • allthingsmed
    56 posts
    edited April 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I haven't been playing that long (Feb. '14) but is $9.99 to buy donuts (132) really hard to come by even once in a while???? I'm by no means rich but Jesus ppl act like they have no money at all to spend on a game that more than likely commands a lot of their free time. Is the principal of it? It can't be the money can it? Personally I've probably spent more than $500.00 dollars since the VD update. But it's how you look at entertainment. People go out to eat a lot or shopping etc, etc...

    I normally buy 900donuts each time sometimes more depending on the update (most likely this one) I'm not working out how much i have spent as i did that once and it was very concerning lol £9.99 isnt hard to come by for people but 132donuts doesnt buy you anything decent in the game lets be honest, it may buy decorations but your not really getting a character & a building with that amount :P

    I think a few people complain about spending money on the game cos you dont really have anything to show for it apart from a phone game, least with buying a Xbox/PS game you have no worries of it ending of not loading (at times)


    Edit: This is just my opinion nothing more. just saying.


    But for this particular update, 100 donuts will get you the max amount of pink/blue eggs that you'll spin and WILL get quite a few golden egg boxes. I've read some ppl say they won't get "everything" this time. Just have faith. I already have quite a few things w/o breaking the bank!
  • dmorgado
    122 posts
    edited April 2014
    As long as people keep paying there wont be any change. I know 7 people in rl that play this game, and 4 of them already have everything from this update because they just dump insane amounts of money into the game and dont care.
  • nubbin71
    236 posts
    edited April 2014
    These kind of complaints boggle my mind, in all honesty.

    If you don't want to spend the money, either because you think the price is unfair, you don't like the item, you can't afford it or whatever the reason, then don't.

    Yes, that may mean you won't get everything. Newsflash! The world will not end if you don't. ;)

    Are you a completionist? Can't pass it up because you simply have to have it? Then buck it up and accept that EA is going to play on your mentality, your weakness/obsession, to their advantage (all companies do this, not just EA). If you have no willpower to resist, when all logic seems to indicate you should, then I wonder why you would continue to subject yourselves to the temptation, frustration and anger that these kind of events/games will ultimately bring.

    Self control is a beautiful thing. :)
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited April 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I haven't been playing that long (Feb. '14) but is $9.99 to buy donuts (132) really hard to come by even once in a while???? I'm by no means rich but Jesus ppl act like they have no money at all to spend on a game that more than likely commands a lot of their free time. Is the principal of it? It can't be the money can it? Personally I've probably spent more than $500.00 dollars since the VD update. But it's how you look at entertainment. People go out to eat a lot or shopping etc, etc...

    I normally buy 900donuts each time sometimes more depending on the update (most likely this one) I'm not working out how much i have spent as i did that once and it was very concerning lol £9.99 isnt hard to come by for people but 132donuts doesnt buy you anything decent in the game lets be honest, it may buy decorations but your not really getting a character & a building with that amount :P

    I think a few people complain about spending money on the game cos you dont really have anything to show for it apart from a phone game, least with buying a Xbox/PS game you have no worries of it ending of not loading (at times)


    Edit: This is just my opinion nothing more. just saying.


    But for this particular update, 100 donuts will get you the max amount of pink/blue eggs that you'll spin and WILL get quite a few golden egg boxes. I've read some ppl say they won't get "everything" this time. Just have faith. I already have quite a few things w/o breaking the bank!

    Thats what i have been buying the 100donut eggs package, hence doing 300donuts so far and YES i have had about 2000 Golden eggs so far, I am a very experienced player and fully aware of how all these systems work etc. but the way things stand "at the moment" getting everything is very doubtful! But ya never know :P
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Ironfit73
    46 posts
    edited April 2014
    At least spending money on the game you have something to show for it.. Goto the shop, buy a can of pop, drink it, throw the can away.. What have you got to show for that??!

    Stop complaining. Ironically, some people who are complaining about the cost are 'Freemium' players.. Why does it concern you?
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    nubbin71 wrote:
    These kind of complaints boggle my mind, in all honesty.

    If you don't want to spend the money, either because you think the price is unfair, you don't like the item, you can't afford it or whatever the reason, then don't.

    Yes, that may mean you won't get everything. Newsflash! The world will not end if you don't. ;)

    Are you a completionist? Can't pass it up because you simply have to have it? Then buck it up and accept that EA is going to play on your mentality, your weakness/obsession, to their advantage (all companies do this, not just EA). If you have no willpower to resist, when all logic seems to indicate you should, then I wonder why you would continue to subject yourselves to the temptation, frustration and anger that these kind of events/games will ultimately bring.

    Self control is a beautiful thing. :)
    Please don't stereotype all companies as being money grabbing, selfish people who will use people's mentality to make more money. Not all companies are like this.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!