EA Forums - Banner

how long are you going to wait before deleting neighbours?

Prev13
I usually wait three days, if they have been inactive that long they get deleted. That being said, forum friend, which is nearly all my friend list now, I tend to wait a week. Just to give them a chance

Replies

• wkeeling78920
    248 posts
    edited April 2014
    After the event has gone on for 5 days, giving them time to get going, 3 days after that.
  • allthingsmed
    56 posts
    edited April 2014
    I deleted a neighbour who was at LV 27 but for some reason completely wiped out her SF and stuffed everything she had in inventory. Why she did that is beyond me but that was Springfield suicide for her because there's nothing for anybody to tap.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited April 2014
    I very rarely delete neighbours unless it has been over a month without signing in, just check their last log in time/date and go from there
    I deleted a neighbour who was at LV 27 but for some reason completely wiped out her SF and stuffed everything she had in inventory. Why she did that is beyond me but that was Springfield suicide for her because there's nothing for anybody to tap.

That person could have been planning to start a full re-design maybe? Was everything gone and for long? :P
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • dmorgado
    122 posts
    edited April 2014
    Im pretty nice about it I usually give people a few weeks :)
  • allthingsmed
    56 posts
    edited April 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I very rarely delete neighbours unless it has been over a month without signing in, just check their last log in time/date and go from there

That person could have been planning to start a full re-design maybe? Was everything gone and for long? :P

I think 3 days now
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited April 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

I think 3 days now

Oh and nothing out oh dear looks like you made a good judgement call there :) Either that or that person lost their town/got reset
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I delete neighbors all the time, no qualms about it. Ive got a few right now that haven't logged in a week, I'll give them ONE week to log in and then its deletion for them! I have one friend that I know in real life who hasn't logged in in 3 weeks- thats a hard delete. I've deleted her before and she protested, so I added her back. Now she's inactive again :roll:
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited April 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

I agree. One month is also good cause they might have gone on vacation and not have internet connection. I've gotten a little lazy visiting neighbours recently so it's not like I want new ones right now :mrgreen: But I always log in daily to make sure there are buildings to tap for my neighbours!
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited April 2014
    I delete neighbors all the time, no qualms about it. Ive got a few right now that haven't logged in a week, I'll give them ONE week to log in and then its deletion for them! I have one friend that I know in real life who hasn't logged in in 3 weeks- thats a hard delete. I've deleted her before and she protested, so I added her back. Now she's inactive again :roll:

Got the same issue.

Also got a neighbour who's put their town into storage :?

Going to replace a load after the weekend :P
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited April 2014
    I am much more generous between events. But during events it is important that I am able to visit all of my friends and have something to tap. It used to be also important that they visit me, but that is not true with this Easter event. So it is even easier to be a good neighbor. Always have a brown house farm out so that there is something to tap guaranteed. That's all I ask. If they don't have that after the first 5 days of the event, then yes, delete. But if you know them in real life, then it is a totally different situation. That's a situation by situation basis.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited April 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    Going to replace a load after the weekend :P

Uh oh am i on the chopping board here? I visit i visit :lol:
  • rpk333236
    224 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I leave neighbors until it is over a week in most cases. I wont remove someone if they have nothing to tap, just not having even been online for a week or more.
  • aaNoodles134
    12 posts
    edited April 2014
    I delete if they become untappable after 2 days. They're not 'real' people and I doubt they'd notice I've deleted them. I keep active players coming in on a conveyor belt :-) stay active and stay.
  • tracydudge118
    154 posts
    edited April 2014
    Wow - it's so early to even consider that. I just finished the first task earlier tonight and was able to finally tap bunnies. I haven't even considered deleting people with zero eggs.

I'll delete only if their town doesn't offer eggs for me to tap.

I still have one neighbor that is growing valentine rose bushes.........so weird because there is always 3 things for me to tap and earn money, XP, FP and now eggs in that town. How does that happen?
  • GeminiTina
    329 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    By chance, I already got rid of some the day before the event. In a month, they had nothing to tap. I still have a few that were occasionally clearing their town, and I'll give them to the weekend to get active and have buildings I can tap regularly. I hate the chore of adding new people, but it drives me crazy to constantly have to skip people.
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I give my neighbours about 6 weeks because they could be on holiday, ill or something. But if I check to see when they last logged in and their town looks to be in use and they haven't been to visit me after 3 weeks then they go. I've just had a clear out before the Easter event started. I had that many inactive neighbours it was getting stupid. I'm now down to around 66 from 94.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    All my neighbors are active, even the one who's recovering from major surgery. I maxed out my eggs from visits yesterday! It was great.

That said, I usually give someone a week or two. Maybe more if they're a forum friend. I only have one neighbor who I actually know in real life, and I wouldn't delete him. (He gave me his login information anyway, so if it gets really bad I can clear his handshakes myself.)
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    All my friends are active as well, except one. And she has been my friend for over a year and is a forum regular and a nice person on the forum. I probably wont delete her unless she isn't playing after Easter.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    If I know them or they are on the forums I don't delete them because something could be stopping them from logging on but if they are non forum users If I can't tap 3 days in a row I delete them
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I usually wait three days, if they have been inactive that long they get deleted. That being said, forum friend, which is nearly all my friend list now, I tend to wait a week. Just to give them a chance

+1! :-D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!