EA Forums - Banner

Wrong town Log in back

Prev1
L_B_123XD
1709 posts Member
That sucks, I really thought they'd have fixed this MAJOR glitch in this update :roll:

Replies

• L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    That sucks, I really thought they'd have fixed this MAJOR glitch in this update :roll:
    I actually thought they'd fixed it a while back as I haven't had it before, makes you really apprehensive about buying donuts as at any moment someone could come and spend them all rushing things you don't want .
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    Yea that's why I only buy donuts when I'm spending them I don't want to save a large amount knowing that it could be spent at any time
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited April 2014
    So the most MAJOR of bug issues STILL hasn't been fixed... :evil:

I really feel sorry for those who are affected by this, donuts being spent, in game cash being spend, limited items being sold, towns destroyed, it's a discrace and EA should be ashamed of themselves
  • wildminion
    555 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Maybe this is a hidden feature, not a bug?

EA really are sticking it to us with this update - who's to say for certain that the 'wrong town' bit is genuinely a bug or not?
  • Khynoe
    134 posts
    edited April 2014
    Luckily this hasn't happened to me yet, even if I only started playing 2 or 3 weeks ago. If this would happen to me and people mess with my town I'd be very mad.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    wildminion wrote:

EA really are sticking it to us with this update - who's to say for certain that the 'wrong town' bit is genuinely a bug or not?

You're joking right this is a serious issue that shouldn't be happening the only other way would be if someone hacked you. It's not a hidden feature because no game would intentionally let you ruin someone's account town etc.
  • smharris129
    240 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I was logged into somebody elses Sprinfield yesterday but I didn't touch anything and they only had 1 donut.

I won't be buying any donuts for me or my wife until this is fixed.
  • wildminion
    555 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    wildminion wrote:

You're joking right this is a serious issue that shouldn't be happening the only other way would be if someone hacked you. It's not a hidden feature because no game would intentionally let you ruin someone's account town etc.

Yes, of course I'm joking.

However, with something as fundamental and serious as this, we gotta ask - are EA genuinely so incompetent (or simply uncaring) to have not resolved it as yet? Bear in mind they've not really helped anyone its happened to so far.......they've kinda said 'There are no refunds, thats policy" and left the victims hanging.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I've been in other people's towns about 5 or 6 times I think, but only know of one occasion someone's been in mine and all they did was store the prison (probably to let me know they'd been in).

There's probably been more times but people are mostly kind and just log straight out. It's the d** heads who aren't and mess with the towns and spend donuts I just don't understand. :evil:
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited April 2014
    wildminion wrote:

I don't think you realise how serious this major issue is

• monkeyman_199059
    258 posts
    edited April 2014
    I had my first obvious wrong town "visitor" yesterday. I may have had more but this is the first one who did anything. Luckily they were just letting me know that someone had been in and left a bunch of blue dumpsters in a group in front of a building. No donuts were used and as far as I could see nothing sold. EA needs to fix this!
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Damn, that sucks. I really thought it was gone. Thanks for the headsup though!
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    I've been in other people's towns about 5 or 6 times I think, but only know of one occasion someone's been in mine and all they did was store the prison (probably to let me know they'd been in).

There's probably been more times but people are mostly kind and just log straight out. It's the d** heads who aren't and mess with the towns and spend donuts I just don't understand. :evil:

I don't either it seems like the ones with high amounts of donuts are more likely to lose them. But this is why we at least need a password protection for spending donuts
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited April 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    this is why we at least need a password protection for spending donuts

I was originally against this idea of having a password for spending donuts, but considering that this issue hasn't been fixed by EA, i'm now all for it. If you guys and girls ask for it or we vote on it yes/no, you have my vote, i'm all in favour of it ;)
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:
    this is why we at least need a password protection for spending donuts

I was originally against this idea of having a password for spending donuts, but considering that this issue hasn't been fixed by EA, i'm now all for it. If you guys and girls ask for it or we vote on it yes/no, you have my vote, i'm all in favour of it ;)
    Havent you got that on iOS? I can set the time limit for asking a password when doing purchases through the playstore or in-app.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited April 2014
    I'm on Android

I have a pasword protect set for buying donuts and then the donut confirmation for spending them, but an extra password protect to spend donuts is a great idea and adds extra security :)
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    I'm on Android

I have a pasword protect set for buying donuts and then the donut confirmation for spending them, but an extra password protect to spend donuts is a great idea and adds extra security :)

Ah right, to spend them. I misread and jumped to conclusions! Yeah, that would be a nice addition! :thumbup:
  • graywolfii
    550 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Instead of a password, we need a bank. :)

Put your donuts in to protect them. Then any wrong-town-tappers would have to get past Moleman to spend our donu...

OK, we need password protection for donuts. :wink:
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    I'm on Android

Yea it says like you have to put it in every 30 min something like that would work
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Well I'm glad this thread I made got the attention it needed, and I'd definately be up for a password to spend donuts in game, as I'm sure that if I did have donuts the person in my town would have been a bas* and spent them considering they used almost all my game cash.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!