EA Forums - Banner

Oh baskets where art thou?

Replies

• pebblesandco
    68 posts
    edited April 2014
    I've gotten a total of zero for the entire event and I play a couple time a day.

Same for me.
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited April 2014
    I've gotten another 2 so far today
  • braydend899
    90 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Free baskets?

Never got a free one before
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Just to tell you the title doesn't make sense at all! Where art thou actually means 'why are you you?'. People always thing it means 'where are you?' but it doesn't! :-D

While I appreciate you as a fellow Shakespeare Fan, you got it wrong.
    The quote you mean is "Oh, Romeo wherefore art thou" ;)

edit: I just realised I didn't actually put "wherefore" in the title lol! So yeah Maxim - you're wrong :P hehe!
  • 88KEYS62
    200 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Got a couple the first day, nothing since. Lots of time left.
  • Khynoe
    134 posts
    edited April 2014
    I've gotten two so far, too bad that they were both my common colour.
  • nitt4ever863
    2 posts
    edited April 2014
    I have not had one in over a day as well :(
  • davewoe
    18 posts
    edited April 2014
    Awesome.... Day 3 (or are we on 4 already?!?) and not a single basket. This is silly.

• LeuchtbojeConny
    544 posts
    edited April 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    Just to tell you the title doesn't make sense at all! Where art thou actually means 'why are you you?'. People always thing it means 'where are you?' but it doesn't! :-D

edit: I just realised I didn't actually put "wherefore" in the title lol! So yeah Maxim - you're wrong :P hehe!

I was so focused on the "wherefore" that I forgot the second "Romeo" whithout which it doesn't make sense.
    Julia cries: "wherefore art thou Romeo?".
    More about Shakespeare's concept of love on the threshold of the middle ages to the renaissance only on demand - and in the off topic section. ;)

BTW: I didn't get a basket since yesterday morning
  • pirategirl88
    19 posts
    edited April 2014
    I've gotten a total of zero for the entire event and I play a couple time a day.

I know what you mean. I have one gotten one basket. One of my neighbors has 15.
  • pirategirl88
    19 posts
    edited April 2014
    I got a pink one on the first day and haven't got any since...it's like they know I'm too cheap to spend donuts on them so they're not gonna give me any more.

+1
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    juliet603 wrote:

I was so focused on the "wherefore" that I forgot the second "Romeo" whithout which it doesn't make sense.
    Julia cries: "wherefore art thou Romeo?".
    More about Shakespeare's concept of love on the threshold of the middle ages to the renaissance only on demand - and in the off topic section. ;)

BTW: I didn't get a basket since yesterday morning

My bad, not really a fan of Romeo and Juliet, I just remember my teacher telling us that people always thought wherefore art thou Romeo means where are you. Didn't remember the fore bit had to be in it though! :-\
  • bkopp1
    353 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I received one the first day but have not recieved any since then. I actually broke down and bought one of each (big win on a ticket) but I will not buy anymore. It makes it hard to give to neighbors when you have nothing for them to give back.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited April 2014

Oooooh. Iambic pentameter burrrrrn.
  • jazalac739
    8 posts
    edited April 2014
    I don't mind the frequency of baskets (I've gotten 2 pink and 2 blue), but I think EA did a horrible job educating the players of their usefulness. I think most people look at them as charity and don't realize the flipside benefit to themselves. I've received zero eggs in my three baskets so far... yes, I have placed some in others, but at least in my circle of players none has reciprocated which you would obviously do if you understood the benefit. :(
  • popojijo984
    279 posts
    edited April 2014
    Wish I had known the baskets dissapear after use I would not have wasted 20 doughnuts buying one of each
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I haven't found a single basket since the event started. :?

Are people actually getting them or is this just a rumor?
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • regankong
    58 posts
    edited April 2014
    So far I've gotten 2 baskets. I guess that's not too bad considering some people haven't gotten any
  • frankenjacko
    237 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    This probably the most mind boggling thing about this event. We can't even help our neighbors since the baskets disappear. I can understand making them hard to find, but having them disappear after one use is counter-intuitive to the game mechanic. Unless they don't want us to visit friends, like the sliding scale of friends rewards implies, and want us to buy donuts instead.
  • smharris129
    285 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I received 2 baskets in a row tapping rabbits in my springfield which makes like 5 free baskets in less than 24 hours. 3 are currently in storage.

My wife also just got 2 free baskets in her town but she said they both came from one rabbit. I'm not sure that is even possible.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.