EA Forums - Banner

Special Toast To All The Deadbeat Neighbors

Prev1
Simply delete them before you get a heart attack.

Replies

• wildminion
    555 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Yup - delete and replace - there's tons more decent players out there.

I've been deleting a few (2 or 3) a week and replacing - when I visit them and there's nothing to tap for a few days, I check their activity. If they haven't been on for a full week, I simply 'unfriend' them - they've obviously stopped playing.....or at least dont play often enough for me.

As time goes by, you'll find yourself getting into this routine - takes a few minutes once a week. Better than a heart attack!
  • jjnag1971
    211 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Simply delete them before you get a heart attack.

Oohh, I am way ahead of you.......the source of this rant comes the fact that I have ALREADY culled quite a few just to get MORE.

C'est la guerre.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I agree with the deleters. It's really easy to replace them.
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited April 2014
    for this update I've been getting even more visits from neighbours so have only been tapping on handshakes and things that don't give eggs.
    When I wake up in the morningmy town is 90% full of handshakes
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I was surprised I had to delete a couple of long-playing neighbours this week! But yeah, don't let them bother you, just replace them.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Nice Monster.

The previous advice is correct. It is a game; you should be having fun, If they are really not leaving anything to tap , delete and replace them.

I'm 39, max since last Halloween, I only tap what a neighbor taps. I had 6 million then, I have over 18 million now.

So Maximiums, once you get all the quest item, it really is not necessary to clear your town to make money. Your income will only drop slightly and you will get more happy neighbors. I still buy all the new freemium items. Once you have a nice cushion, it continues to grow.
  • 1Mastiff
    184 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Reading this thread I was about to write something similar to datasurgeon, I am maxed, but only tap handshakes, so leaving buildings for neighbours to tap.
  • luckyzl230
    158 posts
    edited April 2014
    I agree, I have a excel sheet that I have complied and if I come to your town and you have nothing to tap! I delete you. For one if your level 38 or 39 you should have enough land to put out at least 30-40 brown houses. Plus they regenerate in 5 minutes unlike some other buildings.

No more friend requests please, thank you
  • Khephra4
    14 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    +1!!!! Since friend points I've only been tapping handshakes. I've found hardly anyone gets to my squidport and absolutely no one has made it over to the far right of my town where there is a huge cemetery begging to be tapped.
  • irishma619148
    88 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I am max but still building Krustyland which is independent of Springfield. I only tap the buildings, neighbors tap.

Granted I have no Aspirationals (and have no burring desire for them) but my cash goes up. In fact, I have some many tapped buildings when I wake up, I'm adding more houses, but I need the indolence rating boost anyway
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I tap everything in my town but I've set up a brown house neighborhood of about 30 houses so there's always something to tap for one of my 99 neighbors.
  • jippy6048
    539 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    jjnag1971 wrote:
    A special shout out to those "Premium" players that are level 39 with immensely expansive cities that take from my city everyday but are completely "untappable" when I stop by your town. I have close to a dozen of these dipwads that waste my time and I wished they would drop dead.
    All of them have either dumped a ton of money into it or hacked the game for they have EVERYTHING in great multitudes.

You are the scourge of this game, I hate you and hope that your game crashes and you completely lose your town.

jg37gw.gif

I know your frustration. Unfortunately we all get those 'dip wads' which makes them easy to delete. What drives me crazy are towns with major house farms (so big they take up more then half of their towns) that have NOTHING to tap...EVER! Yes,they are active and visit me, not to mention have multiple baskets out wanting eggs but not willing to leave eggs for their neighbors to tap. Grrrrr:evil:
    Delete, delete, delete!!!!
  • litelbitt589
    155 posts
    edited April 2014
    Speaking as a level 39 premium player I never took on more than a couple neighbors because work can be unpredictable and I do not want someone stopping by and not having anything to tap. Plus I need the cash now as I am buying the remaining land in SF. Having said that I also do not have all my friend prizes and have only gathered enough eggs for one box. So I trashed my town and layed 70 brown houses at the landing zone. I check 3 to 4 times a day to clean everything off and the brown houses regenerate so quickly. If you take you should give.

Don't stress delete those who don't have time to share. I broke down and put my name on the add list and if I don't live up to expectations I hope any of my neighbors will delete me. I have no intention of keeping bad neighbors.
  • LeuchtbojeConny
    544 posts
    edited April 2014
    luckyzl230 wrote:
    I agree, I have a excel sheet that I have complied and if I come to your town and you have nothing to tap! I delete you. For one if your level 38 or 39 you should have enough land to put out at least 30-40 brown houses. Plus they regenerate in 5 minutes unlike some other buildings.

No more friend requests please, thank you

What about those of us who do not want to have 30-40 brown houses?
    I totally agree with you that it is annoying to visit a town where there is nothing to tap. But in my experience that is more often the case with lower level players who naturally own fewer buildings. Usually I do not have any problems finding something to tap in my maxed out neighbour's SFs.
  • jippy6048
    539 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Speaking for myself, I've been playing since the relaunch in sept 2012 so I've added and deleted neighbors many, many times over. I am not a house farmer nor have ever been one, but I do add 12 or so brown houses especially for events like these PLUS I leave ALL my buildings ready to be tapped by my neighbors and I clear out handshakes regularly.

When I want to add new neighbors I look for players who say "regular player", "always something to tap"' etc. Still some of these proclaimed "good neighbors" turn out to be duds. So while I do delete and move on, it makes it no less frustrating to do so.

Sometimes you just want to express that frustration on a forum. We all have an inner Josh ( miss you Josh :cry: ) needing to be let out once in awhile. :wink: rant over.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Simple,

•Delete the inactive ones
    •Post on the finding friends thread and tell them if they want to add you, they must always have stuff to tap and visit friends most days!
  • thirdeye69
    268 posts
    edited April 2014
    OP has got hardcore first world problems.
  • davewoe
    18 posts
    edited April 2014
    Ok, I have always wondered this...but never known. Please help answer this.

How do I ensure that there are available buildings for my neighbours to tap? Does the icon for them to be able to tap (example at Easter 2014 is the Blue/Pink eggs on the buildings) have to be left alone by me? I mean... Simply... A brown house or blue or whatever... When it's got a dollar sign above it - if I DO click it and take the money and XP does this mean that once I click my neighbour can't? Or does it become available to them IF I DO click it AND RESET IT... THEY CAN receive it?

Should I buy a block of 20 brown houses and just leave them forever (only clicking the handshake?) or again... Do I collect the XP and $$ to reset for my neighbours.

Please clarify so I can be an excellent neighbour.

Thanks all.

• fluffling
    516 posts
    edited April 2014
    davewoe wrote:
    Ok, I have always wondered this...but never known. Please help answer this.

How do I ensure that there are available buildings for my neighbours to tap? Does the icon for them to be able to tap (example at Easter 2014 is the Blue/Pink eggs on the buildings) have to be left alone by me? I mean... Simply... A brown house or blue or whatever... When it's got a dollar sign above it - if I DO click it and take the money and XP does this mean that once I click my neighbour can't? Or does it become available to them IF I DO click it AND RESET IT... THEY CAN receive it?

Should I buy a block of 20 brown houses and just leave them forever (only clicking the handshake?) or again... Do I collect the XP and $$ to reset for my neighbours.

Please clarify so I can be an excellent neighbour.

Thanks all.

Neighbours can tap on your buildings when they're ready for collection (which can be seen by the dollar signs on top of house, tills on top of shops etc) as well as crops that are ready to harvest and programs finnished being made on channel 6 so if there's a building that hasn't been collected from, eg The Simpsons House,it will have a big dollar sign, your neighbour can tap on that and and that sign will turn into a handshake for you to tap. Once a sign has turned to a handshake no other neighbours can tap it.
    Right now the dollar signs, till, etc above buildings are mostly being seen as eggs.

I hoped that helped?
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited April 2014
    I used to find it really annoying when I had to go to the computer to delete people, but now that I can do it from my phone it's just become a weekly thing. It is frustrating when I have to search all over someone's town and can't find anything to tap on. And I'm always in shock of the people who have clearly spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours to develop a nice town and they just stop playing. After all the hours I've logged into this game I don't think I could stop playing if I wanted to. That's a lot of hard work to go down the drain.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!