EA Forums - Banner

Top 25% of screen unusable in friend neighborhood

Weird, that sounds more like an issue with your device than the game.

Replies

• NMayo
    898 posts
    edited April 2014
    Same here man, on my Galaxy Note 3! i thought my screen was * up on my brand new phone! turns out if u drag it down just a smidgen, u can tap dat egg.

this is only in neighbors towns though, in my town the whole screen is tappable with ease.
  • alealeale73
    96 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Same here on android.
    It's very hard to tap on the 1st quarter of the screen clockwise.
    It's difficult to scroll if you start tapping on the same area. Sometimes it works sometimes not unless after trying to move in a different direction.
    It seems also that after you get all eggs it starts working normally again.
    As NMayo in neighbors towns only.
  • NMayo
    898 posts
    edited April 2014
    Same here on android.
    It's difficult to scroll to north-east (finger going from upper-right corner to center).

ugh i forgot bout the scrolling.. it was soo hard, like my screen had water or something on it making it act up.. whyyyyy wont u work right for Android!!! mistake..mistake big mistaaaake....
  • alealeale73
    96 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    NMayo wrote:
    Same here on android.
    It's difficult to scroll to north-east (finger going from upper-right corner to center).

ugh i forgot bout the scrolling.. it was soo hard, like my screen had water or something on it making it act up.. whyyyyy wont u work right for Android!!! mistake..mistake big mistaaaake....
    The OP has iOS.
    And I tried cleaning my display very hard because I was thinking it was to greasy.

Edit:
    I modified the part you quoted about scrolling because it's inaccurate. It depends on where you tap to start dragging.
  • bradadougl685
    6 posts
    edited April 2014
    similar problem here on my iPad, i haven't noticed an issue with scrolling but i can't collect eggs that are near the top of the screen
  • alancuz
    5 posts
    edited April 2014
    Thank goodness it's not just me! I'm getting the same bug aswell.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I've been seeing the same problems with my iPhone 5.

When visiting neighbors, I'm not able to click on the top 25% screen but I can scroll down so that i can click on the content once its below the unclickable parts.

• dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited April 2014
    Hmmm... i noticed this the other night too, the top part, not quite 25% of the screen on my device wouldn't respond when it was tapped. This was only when visiting friends. Next day it seemed to work ok. I will monitor this and see if it happens again. I'm on Android too
  • Tobiasfl
    1 posts
    edited April 2014
    I have the same issue.

It's seems it's related to the small text under the friend bare the one that say, collect eggs..... Once this text is gone after you've collect the 3 action by your friends, the touch screen works again.
  • KoWeng
    34 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Having the same issue, feels like it's on purpose. Just to make tapping harder than it is with the clutter money and xp.
  • Khynoe
    134 posts
    edited April 2014
    Good (?) to see I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.
    Tobiasfl wrote:
    It's seems it's related to the small text under the friend bare the one that say, collect eggs..... Once this text is gone after you've collect the 3 action by your friends, the touch screen works again.
    Yeah I think so too.
  • ladycatlow
    1009 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm getting this issue as well with my iPad. I got a bit of egg tap frustration earlier and almost put my finger through the screen trying to tap an egg in a neighbours Springfield. :oops: I've only noticed it since the Easter update.
  • VinaBaker
    215 posts
    edited April 2014
    I had this problem at the beginning if the event but it went away after a few days.
  • ladygagax
    68 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Was happening to me, went away, and now it's happening again...
  • quickstrike8
    36 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    same with me, have an older samsung S2, seems to come and go.
  • PonyDx
    185 posts
    edited April 2014
    Ive noticed this as well, I thought maybe my stupid stylist was scuffed or messed up.. but i guess its just the game, Thanks for this.
  • alealeale73
    96 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    ladygagax wrote:
    Was happening to me, went away, and now it's happening again...
    It's the same for me.
    Today it's happening again after few days where it was working well.
  • gidgetteandivory
    120 posts
    edited April 2014
    Me too on an iPhone 5 and iOS 7.1. I don't seem to have the problem on a 2012 Nexus 7 with Android 4.2.2.
  • alealeale73
    96 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Please EA fix this bug!
  • NMayo
    898 posts
    edited May 2014
    yeah right, they cant even make this Game work with Android, let alone fix that horizontal screen bug.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!