EA Forums - Banner

why is Easter so confusing?? :(

Prev1
It tells you that it deducts eggs, maybe you need to pay attention more.

Replies

• johncolombo
    11567 posts Senior Moderator
    edited April 2014
    abandon all hope for this event, just keep tapping and praying
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • thirdeye69
    268 posts
    edited April 2014
    Agreed. Just tap and tap and hope it works out the best.
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited April 2014

Oh... OK. and thanks for being super friendly!
  • dmorgado
    122 posts
    edited April 2014
    The baskets are one time use, once they are full the disappear, however you do have a chance of getting a basket for free whenever you tap an egg in your town.
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited April 2014
    dmorgado wrote:
    The baskets are one time use, once they are full the disappear, however you do have a chance of getting a basket for free whenever you tap an egg in your town.

Thanks for the info.
    I've not yet opened one in an egg yet.

Hopefully they will add more character jobs with egg rewards.
  • Zifff09
    48 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    The odds of getting a basket from a rabbit are very small but with tapping tons of rabbits a day you shoukd get at least one soon. I have gotten around 7 so far. Just keep tapping!
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited April 2014

It does not deduct eggs, and it does not "tell you that it deducts eggs." What it says is "in return, you will get eggs." Misleading? Yes. Confusing? Absolutely. But it does not deduct eggs. Apparently, EA pulls them out of its corporate ***

Word of advice: Telling people to pay attention more is probably not a good habit, when you paraphrase instead of quote.

Screenshot_2014-04-21-23-28-1_edit_139814876907_edit_1398148903550.png

Screenshot_2014-04-21-23-29-4_edit_139814884710_edit_139814902935_edit_1398151712114.png

Screenshot_2014-04-21-23-22-2_edit_1398149430323.png

Screenshot_2014-04-21-23-33-1_edit_139814963586_edit_1398150202608.png
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    spoonmanx wrote:
    dmorgado wrote:

Thanks for the info.
    I've not yet opened one in an egg yet.

Hopefully they will add more character jobs with egg rewards.

Probably not going to happen. There is lot of info on easter on this forum and on the different TSTO themed sites like tstotopix.me, tstoaddicts.com or tstonews.com. Might want to take a look around and find the info you want to know. :D
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited April 2014

It does not deduct eggs, and it does not "tell you that it deducts eggs." What it says is "in return, you will get eggs." Misleading? Yes. Confusing? Absolutely. But it does not deduct eggs. Apparently, EA pulls them out of its corporate ***

Word of advice: Telling people to pay attention more is probably not a good habit, when you paraphrase instead of quote.

Screenshot_2014-04-21-23-28-1_edit_139814876907_edit_1398148903550.png

Screenshot_2014-04-21-23-29-4_edit_139814884710_edit_139814902935_edit_1398151712114.png

Screenshot_2014-04-21-23-22-2_edit_1398149430323.png

Screenshot_2014-04-21-23-33-1_edit_139814963586_edit_1398150202608.png

Ahh, that makes much more sense. Thank you for explaining! :)
  • Lmac201
    217 posts
    edited April 2014
    abandon all hope for this event, just keep tapping and praying

Best advice so far! But you forgot to mention to close your eyes when opening the boxes, to save yourself the pain of watching just how close you came to actually winning something decent..
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited April 2014
    I also keep visiting towns that show eggs, but when I enter there are no eggs (or friend points for that matter).
    Does this mean they have been cleaned out by other players?

I'm also having a lot of issues again with the update on my Kindle Fire HD (8.9"/32GB) where after about 2-3 visits it boots me out to the Kindle menu. It's INFURIATING :evil: :evil: :evil: :( I thought they finally had this fixed, with this update its worse than ever.
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    RTFM
  • peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited April 2014
    I wish they had made it clear that baskets were ONE TIME use before I spent 20 donuts (one in each color). I've collected several others through random bunnies, which is nice, but I still feel like I wasted my donuts.
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited April 2014
    RTFM
    Very helpful, thanks your contribution here!!
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited April 2014

Perhaps you need to recede your comment: it DOES tell you, I think your town has a bug:

s0p6YqM.jpg?1 (look over the basket, says -100 blue eggs)
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:

Perhaps you need to recede your comment: it DOES tell you, I think your town has a bug:

Hi! No, I think you're misunderstanding. You are looking at that town from the eyes of the donor. You were giving eggs to doctoraustin from your town. Yes, when you put 100 blue eggs into a blue basket, the screen shows a floating "-100 blue eggs" as in your picture. 100 blue eggs ARE subtracted from your account. (You're a kind neighbor!) :):)

But the issue wasn't what happens to YOUR BLUE eggs. It was what happens to doctoraustin's PINK eggs. When your blues decreased, your pinks increased (by half that amount) ... The issue here was where those pink eggs that YOU got came from.

The claim by wastedkitten was that those pink eggs were subtracted from doctoraustin. That doctoraustin "swapped" 50 pinks for your 100 blues. That doctoraustin got "-50 pink eggs".

Hence, my images. My first two show -- as yours does -- that the donor's numbers decrease. In my images, I donated 400 blue eggs. Thus, my blue egg count went from 2,481 in the first image to 2,081 which I circled in red in the second image with a really messy red minus sign next to it. I lost those 400 eggs.

Those same first two images ALSO show that my PINK egg count changed from 1,653 in the first image to 1,853 in the second image circled in yellow with a REALLY messy plus sign next to it. I "received" 200 pink eggs in return for my 400 blue-egg donation.

But where did those 200 pink eggs come from? wastedkitten stated to the OP that they came from the recipient. But they did NOT. As the third and fourth image show, the pink egg count in the recipient's town remained 1,971 both before and after the donation.

Those 200 pink eggs, as I noted, apparently come from EA.

So, your image is completely consistent with the statistics I showed in my four images.

:)
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:

Hi! No, I think you're misunderstanding. You are looking at that town from the eyes of the donor. You were giving eggs to doctoraustin from your town. Yes, when you put 100 blue eggs into a blue basket, the screen shows a floating "-100 blue eggs" as in your picture. 100 blue eggs ARE subtracted from your account. (You're a kind neighbor!) :):)

But the issue wasn't what happens to YOUR BLUE eggs. It was what happens to doctoraustin's PINK eggs. When your blues decreased, your pinks increased (by half that amount) ... The issue here was where those pink eggs that YOU got came from.

The claim by wastedkitten was that those pink eggs were subtracted from doctoraustin. That doctoraustin "swapped" 50 pinks for your 100 blues. That doctoraustin got "-50 pink eggs".

Hence, my images. My first two show -- as yours does -- that the donor's numbers decrease. In my images, I donated 400 blue eggs. Thus, my blue egg count went from 2,481 in the first image to 2,081 which I circled in red in the second image with a really messy red minus sign next to it. I lost those 400 eggs.

Those same first two images ALSO show that my PINK egg count changed from 1,653 in the first image to 1,853 in the second image circled in yellow with a REALLY messy plus sign next to it. I "received" 200 pink eggs in return for my 400 blue-egg donation.

But where did those 200 pink eggs come from? wastedkitten stated to the OP that they came from the recipient. But they did NOT. As the third and fourth image show, the pink egg count in the recipient's town remained 1,971 both before and after the donation.

Those 200 pink eggs, as I noted, apparently come from EA.

So, your image is completely consistent with the statistics I showed in my four images.

:)

Ah, then yes. I thought the OP referenced that he was tapping baskets in others towns and he didn't see his eggs were going down (as my image suggested). Then the commenter above indicated it does tell you, and I had assumed you thought it didn't.

My mistake!

PS If you want to reap the benefits of my blue donations, send me a request. So far I've been dropping about 1000 blue a day to my neighbors since I need those precious pink ones. I keep it fair and do drop 1 donation per neighbor. If the baskets are close, it depends how risky I feel. I got lucky in my screen cap, as I'd hate to drop the pink ones. I skipped this neighbor this morning because I hate that configuration.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I have reread the OP's first post. I am needlepointing a huge sign for my living room wall that says "Annette -- Maybe you need to pay attention more."

You were correct, as was wastedkitten. The OP WAS referring to his own egg count going down. And it IS shown that the eggs are being subtracted. My hackles went up when I saw what I find a bit snarky language telling someone to pay attention. I made an assumption that the OP was upset that his friend's eggs were being used, when he was actually talking about his own eggs.

So, three questions:
    1. What is the best soap to use to remove egg from ones face?
    2. What color thread should I use for my needlepoint? (I'm leaning toward red, white and blue)
    3. What is a hackle?

Apologies. :oops: :oops:

(Am sending PM)
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    OP I think you meant Whacking Day not Last Easter since this was the first year. But you don't need a single egg buddy for this event
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    There were eggs in both events

Still these maybe pink, blue and gold snake eggs
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.