EA Forums - Banner

Tired of Lisa

Prev1
Airion
262 posts Member
unfortunately she is the first character unlocked and they base quests around her which always are preachy, Bart and marge are unlocked much later and newer players won't have them.

it's annoying as hell... lisa focused episodes of the Simpsons always suck

Replies

• mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    They do always revolve around her and her ethics now that you mention it. Never really thought of it. Maybe they could do a little more Homer & Bart.

Edit: i guess i didnt mentioned it before since i skip most of the Lisa text bubbles since they are always so preachy and telling me what to do to be a good person 'n stuff. lol :P
  • Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Exactly, preachy.

I can't remember how fast you unlock a character after Lisa, but surely by the time you've been through the 'tutorial', when you can't get involved in an event anyway, you have other characters? It's just the same thing, over and over again.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited April 2014
    Airion wrote:
    Exactly, preachy.

I can't remember how fast you unlock a character after Lisa, but surely by the time you've been through the 'tutorial', when you can't get involved in an event anyway, you have other characters? It's just the same thing, over and over again.

Simpsons has been preachy for a while now which is one of the many reasons it's been bad for several seasons, the movie was especially preachy.

the other characters would be Flanders and apu if i remember correctly though it seems they are content with continuing preachy quest lines.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited April 2014
    For events and limited time it has to be Lisa and homer (and apu) to not discriminate against new players. Otherwise I agree with the op
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I'd like to see more Homer & Bart Questlines for sure :D

I know "new" players might not be able to use Bart if they dont have them but it doesnt take long before we get Bart.

Homer & Bart Quests could be brilliant :D
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • aSkydude252
    168 posts
    edited April 2014
    Maybe they should up the starting level for some of these events slightly, to use more characters. It's great to be inclusive, yes, but...I think they are limiting themselves too much, and it really doesn't take that long to unlock a few more people.
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited April 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    For events and limited time it has to be Lisa and homer (and apu) to not discriminate against new players. Otherwise I agree with the op

How would that "discriminate" against anyone?? Not sure that was the right word to use here... lol
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited April 2014
    that's know it all lisa for ya :lol::mrgreen:
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    It'd be nice to have one more around Bart. Willie was needed to start the event, I don't think Bart was long after that.

With the way how you can level up quickly if you max out the friend points early, I don't see an issue needing Bart for an event.

Is there really that many new players where they'd be excluded? It's not like you can complete the event if you start in the middle of it.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited April 2014
    I'd like to see Agnes,jasper grampa, get some action and give us old jewish guy ! :lol:
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I'd like to see Agnes,jasper grampa, get some action :lol:

Oh would you know ;)

evMikpR.gif
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited April 2014
    frame193.jpg
    that's a very immature Attitude young man"

:lol::wink:
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    frame193.jpg

Cant be helped ;) lol

7A7s17A.gif
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm actually enjoying this Easter quest. It involves a couple of characters at a time. Better than sending all Springfield folks to do something at the same time. The *. Patrick's Day quest was a letdown for me.
  • epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    While I don't have a problem with Lisa, I don't see why they can't use others. More than one quest has been done where the character was tired up, or not even owned. (I remember several where Frink chimed in whether you own him or not.) Just have a different character give the quest.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm actually enjoying this Easter quest. It involves a couple of characters at a time. Better than sending all Springfield folks to do something at the same time. The * Patrick's Day quest was a letdown for me.

tbh i quite liked the quests where you have to send a certain amount of characters to the same task, at least they all finish at the same time :) But understand where you are coming from tho
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited April 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    frame193.jpg

Cant be helped ;) lol

7A7s17A.gif
    haha :lol:

Back on topic Mr NeO :lol: they do need to give storyline out abit more equally.
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I think Lisa is awesome. Also she's one of the only "free" female characters in the game. Literally 2/3 of the females, were limited time/episode tie ins/holiday/and or cost donuts. She's smart. I don't have a problem with that.
    Couldn't we say the exact same thing about Homer though? He's a one trick pony. He's dumb. The end. They try to redeem him on occasion but overall he's a terrible husband, a terrible father, lazy, an alcoholic, willfully ignorant. I mean everything he does revolves around him being "dumb". The schtick has been old for about 13 seasons. The main time he's funny is when he surprisingly knows something he shouldn't but even that wears thin.
    So I can seen how Lisa can get old but at least she's intelligent with good ideals.

(I will say though that The Simpson's has a rich tapestry of characters and it should be no problem to bring different ones in to do these quests)
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    they do need to give storyline out abit more equally.

Yeah totally agree :D I want a Bart & Homer questline as lets be honest it would be funny specially if they were assigned special one off tasks/animations :D
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited April 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    they do need to give storyline out abit more equally.

Yeah totally agree :D I want a Bart & Homer questline as lets be honest it would be funny specially if they were assigned special one off tasks/animations :D
    a joint task strangle Bart for 12hrs

Haha
    bart-getting-choked-o.gif
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.