EA Forums - Banner

Am I Going To Have To Buy Eggs To Complete Event?

Prev1
jjnag1971 wrote:
I have been only able to open 3 golden boxes with the numbered bunny & both topiaries as the result.
Creepy, that's exactly my story!

I'm not optimistic about getting every prize. I don't have spare money, though, so I'll just have to see what happens.

Replies

• njramsfan128
    65 posts
    edited April 2014
    and even if you do spend cash, its not guarantee you'll get prizes. You might end up with more fences.
  • jjnag1971
    211 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    jjnag1971 wrote:
    I have been only able to open 3 golden boxes with the numbered bunny & both topiaries as the result.

I'm not optimistic about getting every prize. I don't have spare money, though, so I'll just have to see what happens.

Okay, that is on the creepy side, cool nonetheless.

I am going to ride it out and see what happens, I know EA is infamous for flipping the script somewhere in the middle of the event. So I am hoping that things take a turn for the better as it progresses. I have squirreled away 365 doughnuts and I have been contemplating getting Mojo, but I am having trouble justifying 65 doughnuts.
  • wildminion
    555 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I personally would NOT spend real money for a Chance at a prize. Far too likely to end up with a heap of useless garbage.

If EA ever answer my email, then I Might buy donuts - to use on premium buildings / characters.
    Not sure whether to get Frink or Cracker Factory.

Total aside - anyone know what the futuristic building with the satellite dishes is? It's not frinks lab, I've seen it next to that in some neighbours towns.....
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited April 2014
    wildminion wrote:
    I personally would NOT spend real money for a Chance at a prize. Far too likely to end up with a heap of useless garbage.

If EA ever answer my email, then I Might buy donuts - to use on premium buildings / characters.
    Not sure whether to get Frink or Cracker Factory.

Total aside - anyone know what the futuristic building with the satellite dishes is? It's not frinks lab, I've seen it next to that in some neighbours towns.....

I will admit, this event has now pushed me to the point of quitting it, what's the point of spending money on donuts when all i'll get for it is crap that will sit in my inventory? I might just go bakc to playing it like i was before, i'll buy donuts for the premium items i want and screw this triple chance crap :evil:
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    wildminion wrote:

Ultrahouse II? It was a prize during Halloween 2013. Purpish house type of building with dish?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    wildminion wrote:
    anyone know what the futuristic building with the satellite dishes is? It's not frinks lab, I've seen it next to that in some neighbours towns.....
    That's the Ultrahouse 2. It was a prize last Halloween.
  • wildminion
    555 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks guys - that's the one! Now I know the name, I searched the forum and that's for sure it.

I started playing after that event, hence don't have or know about it til now. It looks very right next to frinks lab. Hopefully it'll come available again sometime.

Thanks again guys, that one was itchy my brain! :?
  • SamCarterX206
    898 posts
    edited April 2014
    jjnag1971 wrote:
    As most of you know I am a daily player and have been extremely active and vigilant about visiting neighbors and collecting eggs.
    With that said, it feels like I am not going to be able to clear the prizes by the end of the event, even if it is extended. I have been only able to open 3 golden boxes with the numbered bunny & both topiaries as the result. It really seems that I am not getting very far......and it is becoming very frustrating.

Just feel lucky that you didn't end up with pastel fences. :evil:
  • Boyd45
    102 posts
    edited April 2014
    Well I have only opened 1 Gold Box but I managed to get Father Sean but still 1 Gold box is pretty poor considering I have played every day getting eggs and visiting neighbours
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I know you are a very active daily player. That's why I like you!
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    The problem with this whole thing are the odds of even getting the gold eggs without spending. You have to work your rear end off collecting/grinding for 500 blue/pink eggs hoping to get something good. If you're freemium (I'm not, sadly) it's even more frustrating.

I am sick of being tempted by EA to buy more eggs only to get more of those ugly fences and trees.
  • dmorgado
    122 posts
    edited April 2014
    If you do it takes quite a bit of donuts to win all of the prizes. :mrgreen:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    jjnag1971 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    jjnag1971 wrote:

Okay, that is on the creepy side, cool nonetheless.
    Well, I hope the trend continues for you, because my fourth box was Hugs Bunny. (I was shocked!)
  • jimmyw31
    212 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm not buying donuts or spending donuts I've saved on eggs. I'll enjoy what I win, and I won't miss what I don't win. It's the fun of the game and the thrill of not knowing what's going to pop up when I click the Easter prize box that I enjoy.

If you're going to buy enough eggs to win everything, more power to you. In my humble opinion that is a Pyrrhic victory.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    and even if you do spend cash, its not guarantee you'll get prizes. You might end up with more fences.
    The saddest part of this event...
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • caraC91
    38 posts
    edited April 2014
    Yes, I'd advise you not to spend donuts on eggs. I did. I've spent 100 donuts but never gotten a decent prize from the golden eggs box. Haven't completed any of the boxes either. So save your donuts for better stuff.
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    jimmyw31 wrote:
    I'm not buying donuts or spending donuts I've saved on eggs. I'll enjoy what I win, and I won't miss what I don't win. It's the fun of the game and the thrill of not knowing what's going to pop up when I click the Easter prize box that I enjoy.

If you're going to buy enough eggs to win everything, more power to you. In my humble opinion that is a Pyrrhic victory.

I think this is the right attitude to have - I didn't get all of the Christmas prizes even after spending some donuts on extra spins, which was annoying at the time but four months down the line my enjoyment of the game is not diminished in the slightest because a lot of people have Helter Shelter in their towns but I don't. The model of the game has always been that you'll get a lot of stuff for free, you can spend a little money to get some extra cool stuff, but you're going to have to spend a lot of money to get everything the game offers.

I also think that people are wildly overreacting to not receiving any 'good' prizes yet as though the event ends tomorrow and time is running out - we're only 25% of the way through the entire event at this point, so there are many many boxes left to open even for freemium players.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • cs307
    39 posts
    edited April 2014
    Wasted about 800 donuts. Took me about 25,000 blue eggs and 19,000 pink eggs to get everything. As for the golden eggs I still need more. Unless you have an abundant of donuts, then go ahead; but if you don't hold on to them.
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    jjnag1971 wrote:
    As most of you know I am a daily player and have been extremely active and vigilant about visiting neighbors and collecting eggs.
    With that said, it feels like I am not going to be able to clear the prizes by the end of the event, even if it is extended. I have been only able to open 3 golden boxes with the numbered bunny & both topiaries as the result. It really seems that I am not getting very far......and it is becoming very frustrating.

I just wanted to ask if I should start saving my pennies to buy some doughnuts to buy some eggs?

Thanks everyone.

2r46j45.gif
    I'm not sure if you realize your amazing luck in only 3 gold boxes. In 4 gold boxes I got 2 Easter gates and 2 sets of pastel fences.
  • Ballooncupcake
    20 posts
    edited April 2014
    Actually, most of my gold box prizes were fences too. The best so far is the bunny. Does anyone think we can make it as long as EA gives us more baskets?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!