EA Forums - Banner

PREMIUM TO FREEMIUM

Prev134
Just wondering who else has stop playing premium and gone full blown freemium like myself due to this update. Players are also leaving the game entirely in droves because they are fed up.

Source?

Replies

• LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited April 2014
    I spent actual money on donuts yesterday to get Crazy Cat Lady, Mojo, and the Fireworks, Candy & Puppydog store, but i'm not gonna spend any of these donuts on eggs, because I feel like i'd probably just get a bunch more piles, ponds, and fences. :?
    Definitely not enthused about the Easter update.
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Just wondering who else has stop playing premium and gone full blown freemium like myself due to this update. Players are also leaving the game entirely in droves because they are fed up.

Source?
    well I could start with the 42 avid daily playing neighbors who have abandoned thier Towns since the easter update. Also from reading other sites besides this one its apparent i'm not alone. One poll showed that out of 2855 responses 46% or 1312 say they are done with tsto because of this update. Those numbers mesh pretty darn close to the 42% of my nieghbors who no longer play since the update. I will provide the site if you wish.
  • anonSimpson
    363 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I will provide the site if you wish.

Please do.
  • rwvolture
    1260 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    well 12 of my neighbors (5 real life friends) all quit during this update
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I will provide the site if you wish.

Please do.
    tstofriends.com/share-your-tsto-art-and-writing/poll-results-new-poll-krustyland/
    Direct yourself to about half way down past the krusty poll to the poll results I'm speaking of.

• irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    rwvolture wrote:
    me too. Had 5 also who quite. They still wonder why i'm still playing
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    rwvolture wrote:

Because you're not a wuss. This update will separate the wheat from the chaff.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    jukan00 wrote:
    rwvolture wrote:

Because you're not a wuss. This update will separate the wheat from the chaff.
    I seriously hope that was a joke! :shock:

You realize this isn't high school where peer pressure drives half of the actions people make right?

This is a game, which provides entertainment, and nothing more. EA thinks they can push people, but what they fail to understand is, there are cheaper means of entertainment out there that'll probably be more fun for a lot less $$$. Smart players will realize this and eventually ditch this game for non sense like this.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    A few of my neighbours seem to have abandoned ship. It's not that they where 'newbies' too, all the ones I lost have been day 1, or close to players.

This event does seem to be one of the worst EpAy has developed, a putrid attempt to get us to hand over our hard earned dollars for a chance to won something completely pointless. We don't need more second rate decorations. I'm sick of fences, tiny event themed decorations and multiples of garbage prizes. I'd be happier if they went back to the old method of 'work hard to collect a number of various things (snakes, ghosts) then unlock a GOOD prize for dedicated tapping'.

This randomized spin nonsense is worse than jellied eels..
  • robandjulie
    3 posts
    edited April 2014
    MissGrafin wrote:
    A few of my neighbours seem to have abandoned ship. It's not that they where 'newbies' too, all the ones I lost have been day 1, or close to players.

This event does seem to be one of the worst EpAy has developed, a putrid attempt to get us to hand over our hard earned dollars for a chance to won something completely pointless. We don't need more second rate decorations. I'm sick of fences, tiny event themed decorations and multiples of garbage prizes. I'd be happier if they went back to the old method of 'work hard to collect a number of various things (snakes, ghosts) then unlock a GOOD prize for dedicated tapping'.

This randomized spin nonsense is worse than jellied eels..

Mmmmmmmm Jellied eels.....
  • cvf007
    1078 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Yes bring back the work hard (stay up all day and nite and tap til you can't tap anymore) and earn prizes as a community. This random wheel or whatever this is now sucks.
  • denthdeath
    81 posts
    edited April 2014
    same here lot's of neighbors deserted the game since basically the new year. they promised us a year even better than before and well it is far from that.
    i feel like i have to delete more friends than i can add, and those are all level 39 or 39 with almost all premium stuff available bought.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Haven't seen a lot of neighbours leaving. Maybe 2 or 3 but that happens al the time.

Plus it's real easy for people to complain and vote that they are leaving the game on a poll. Doesn't mean they actually do it.
  • Emington
    37 posts
    edited April 2014
    I've not been a big premium player so can't comment. I've bought doughnuts but haven't decided what to spend them on yet so I'm just small. But one thing I'm sure like someone has already mentioned. I'm not spending them on eggs. So far even though I play every day and have a lot of neighbours. I've not won a building or character. Only golden eggs, beach umbrella/towel and gates. So I've no incentive to become a premium player as it's really rubbish.
  • Canuck4L
    99 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm just glad to have stayed freemium since day one. Nothing about this
    Easter event bothers me. Keep the free stuff coming, and Crazy cat lady will be purchased soon with, of course , free donuts.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Ive had to delete a fair amount of my neighbours during this event too, level 39 players who usually play daily :? I guess people really are sick of it.

My question is why haven't EA done anything about it? Are they idiots?
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    Ive had to delete a fair amount of my neighbours during this event too, level 39 players who usually play daily :? I guess people really are sick of it.

My question is why haven't EA done anything about it? Are they idiots?
    I've deleted a number. Have a few more that have dropped out in the last few days.

My guess is that they figure these wheels will gain them more money from completionists than they will lose from angry players who will boycott donuts. I just wonder if they also considered that many TSTO players are potential customers for other EA games...mobile, console, and PC. Any personal boycotts can go well beyond TSTO.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited April 2014

Source?

lol exactly :lol:

EA know what they're doing...if these updates and wheels and boxes weren't successful they would stop doing them...they're a giant corporation with a big marketing team
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I spent actual money on donuts yesterday to get Crazy Cat Lady, Mojo, and the Fireworks, Candy & Puppydog store, but i'm not gonna spend any of these donuts on eggs, because I feel like i'd probably just get a bunch more piles, ponds, and fences. :?
    Definitely not enthused about the Easter update.

Hi, neighbor! Was the fireworks store worth the donuts? I've picked up cat lady and think she's great!
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Me.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!