EA Forums - Banner

Losing out on the storyline :(

I know you feel like your falling behind but I would focus on the Christmas storylines like the Mapple store, Bowling alley and the Try n Save. EA may pull those buildings after the season like they have done with other seasonal updates.

Replies

• BDIHP
    189 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm worse than you. I'm level 20 and don't even have the Church yet. No Marge, or Lovejoy. Biut, I am not worried. I missed Halloween so am concentrating on the Christmas storyline, plus collecting cash. I'll be in good shape when the story continues, plus I'll have stuff to do when there is a dead period. :)

• lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Nope. I don't rush to build buildings as soon as they come available anyways. I make sure they fit in and I have land for them. It took me a week to put the police station and post office down because I was buying a 6x6 strip of land for a municipal district for them that the city hall will also occupy.

As far as this update goes, if a game task comes available then I complete that and then go back to the update. I have 100 friends so I figured I could make more than enough coins collecting from them that it wouldn't matter if I lost a character for a bit.

By the way, I need a free Apu shirt since he has 3 more days of his 7 day task. I miss that little bugger.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited December 2012
    ur_wack452 wrote:
    I know you feel like your falling behind but I would focus on the Christmas storylines like the Mapple store, Bowling alley and the Try n Save. EA may pull those buildings after the season like they have done with other seasonal updates.

Really! I had no clue they could pull the content, ahh looks like ill be level 24 then soon and probably be building the town hall lol
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited December 2012
    Halloween did that for a lot of people. I would be going around last month trying to vandalize people and find only one or two buildings I could spray paint when they should have had at least up to the police station. The XP seems to be flying all over the place this time around. I'm actually on the right track for the game now thanks to the drop in prices for the normal quest items. I just need Nelson to stop being a tool of Willie's strange janitorial desires and then I can get to working on building Krabapple's apartment building. Still, if you find yourseof at level twenty-four and far behind the month or so between level updates will give you time to catch up with your storyline quests.

I'd at least focus also on getting the Santa Coin buildings like the Mapple Store and the Bowl-A-Rama if you're not a major Donut user because once Christmas is over with they'll end up costing Donuts from the looks of things with the build menu. They don't say limited time under them meaning they'll be around after Christmas and likely cost a lot of donuts. Besides, if you take your time with the storyline quests and we have another level update before you get caught up with things the prices will drop again and you won't have to wait and save up for it blasting through yet another level before you can get it. There's nothing saying you can't run both event and story quests at the same time. You can still decorate and work on what comes once you get the dog track finished. You just delay Homer's Christmas tasks for three hours twice, as he'll need to go to the dog track in order to get you the Gildes Truffle for dinner with Marge.
  • bronnyls-2
    63 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm level 21 and I don't have Moe's or Jake's Unisex Hair Place. I spend a lot of time in the game, collect a lot of XP, and level up much quicker than the storyline progresses.
    So don't feel bad. The storyline will be there when December ends. The limited time buildings won't be, though!
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited December 2012
    BDIHP wrote:
    I'm worse than you. I'm level 20 and don't even have the Church yet. No Marge, or Lovejoy. Biut, I am not worried. I missed Halloween so am concentrating on the Christmas storyline, plus collecting cash. I'll be in good shape when the story continues, plus I'll have stuff to do when there is a dead period. :)

Same, I missed the Halloween content by like a week :(. Still good to know I'm not the only one though, nice way to think of it too, after Christmas is over ill still have a lot to accomplish!
  • jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited December 2012
    Not really. I'm sitting on a pile of coins every day after visiting my neighbors, so I've reassigned my Simpsons family to cash jobs in order to help keep my last few storyline quests moving along. At this point, I'd rather have the Simpsons pulling down cash than locked into a 10-hr task for 6 coins.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited December 2012
    Chibihalo wrote:
    Halloween did that for a lot of people. I would be going around last month trying to vandalize people and find only one or two buildings I could spray paint when they should have had at least up to the police station. The XP seems to be flying all over the place this time around. I'm actually on the right track for the game now thanks to the drop in prices for the normal quest items. I just need Nelson to stop being a tool of Willie's strange janitorial desires and then I can get to working on building Krabapple's apartment building. Still, if you find yourseof at level twenty-four and far behind the month or so between level updates will give you time to catch up with your storyline quests.

I'd at least focus also on getting the Santa Coin buildings like the Mapple Store and the Bowl-A-Rama if you're not a major Donut user because once Christmas is over with they'll end up costing Donuts from the looks of things with the build menu. They don't say limited time under them meaning they'll be around after Christmas and likely cost a lot of donuts. Besides, if you take your time with the storyline quests and we have another level update before you get caught up with things the prices will drop again and you won't have to wait and save up for it blasting through yet another level before you can get it. There's nothing saying you can't run both event and story quests at the same time. You can still decorate and work on what comes once you get the dog track finished. You just delay Homer's Christmas tasks for three hours twice, as he'll need to go to the dog track in order to get you the Gildes Truffle for dinner with Marge.

Thanks for the advice :), I would have had no clue about Homers tasks!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.