EA Forums - Banner

Gold box strategy for Team blues

Prev1
It seems to work out better swapping for the uncommon colour, to get the potential for 300 gold eggs.

Replies

• chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    this is my dilemma too

if i continue with pink then i end up with lots of junk i don't wont (4 easter trees, 5 beach towels etc)..but i get a shot at the gold box

what i'll do is just focus on blue until i get johnny fiestas and egg council guy..and then i'll just go back to pink for the last few days of the event
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    The two good prizes in your common box are meant to be attainable. After your first 12 spins, you have a 10% chance of landing on something good (5% each). Most daily players have cleared their common color by now -- for me, it took 9 days.

The way it is designed, I believe that it is intended that you clear your common color first, and then proceed to swap all of your common eggs for uncommon ones to play for the longshot (gold and the good prizes in your uncommon box). You are correct, though -- converting your common eggs does give you more shots at gold. On average, 500 common eggs earn 45 gold eggs, while 250 uncommon eggs produce 67.5 gold eggs.

That said, IMO, there is no sense in sacrificing what is attainable to get more chances at the longshot. My suggestion would be to finish out your blue box, and then go ahead and play for the gold.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited April 2014
    What i did was just collect both colours as they came and worked towards getting everything in my common colour, once that was completed i then started swapping the eggs in peoples towns to my uncommon colour (blue) so that way when i was taking the "chance" i could at least win the higher amount of Gold Eggs so it gave me more of a chance to win something decent. To get everything it took A LOT of spins
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • nascarchamp0
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I have a question.

How many boxes do you have to open. I'm sure I read this somewhere that there was a minimum number required for something.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited April 2014
    I have a question.

How many boxes do you have to open. I'm sure I read this somewhere that there was a minimum number required for something.

Sure someone put around 80 boxes or something like that, i'm pretty certain i opened WAY more than that to get everything! :evil:
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I believe it was 80 boxes per color. 80 & 81 guarantee the best prizes in their own colors

or so the legend goes
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited April 2014
    I believe it was 80 boxes per color. 80 & 81 guarantee the best prizes in their own colors

or so the legend goes

I thought it was 80 overall? 80 of each colour surely is never going to happen specially the gold in the time frame
  • nascarchamp0
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2014

or so the legend goes

WHAT??? 80 blue AND 80 pink?

Good Lord! Where's the tequila???
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for all your feedback!

I'm not confident I will get anything from the gold boxes at this rate so I'm just gonna go with the flow for the next 13(?) days any hope for the best.

I really doubt you need to open 80 of each box though, that's just crazy talk
  • nascarchamp0
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    henpot7514 wrote:
    Thanks for all your feedback!

I'm not confident I will get anything from the gold boxes at this rate so I'm just gonna go with the flow for the next 13(?) days any hope for the best.

I really doubt you need to open 80 of each box though, that's just crazy talk

LMAO! Crazy talk! I have no idea why I found this so funny, pretty sure dementia is setting in.
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    What i did was just collect both colours as they came and worked towards getting everything in my common colour, once that was completed i then started swapping the eggs in peoples towns to my uncommon colour (blue) so that way when i was taking the "chance" i could at least win the higher amount of Gold Eggs so it gave me more of a chance to win something decent. To get everything it took A LOT of spins

I did the reverse, my common color is blue, but I did exchange my blue eggs at first to get all the pink box prizes, at the same time, I could open more gold boxes. Now color pink is done, and I need two prizes from the blue boxes. Then I will probably go back to exchanging my eggs to open more gold boxes.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    The 80 of each box is only to guarantee the prize. The odds should give you the prize well before that.

The minimum amount of gold boxes you need to open before Shary Bobbins is an option is 20.
  • daftfung
    27 posts
    edited April 2014
    I'm just reposting what I read on another thread:
    What I think it means by "guaranteed" is that you may not need to open at 80 boxes, but at that point your chances of landing good prizes are certain

Pink Easter Box

Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior cannot be awarded before 12 boxes and is guaranteed at 80 boxes.
    Blocko Store cannot be awarded before 12 boxes is guaranteed at 81 boxes.

Blue Easter Box

The Egg Council Guy cannot be awarded before 12 boxes and is guaranteed at 81 boxes.
    Johnny Fiestas cannot be awarded before 12 boxes and is guaranteed at 80 boxes.

Gold Easter Box

Shary Bobbins cannot be awarded before 20 boxes and is guaranteed at 80 boxes.
    Hugs Bunny is guaranteed at 81 boxes.
    Father Sean is guaranteed at 50 boxes.
    Bunny #24601 is guaranteed at 20 boxes.
    Banana Dictatorship is guaranteed at 15 boxes.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited April 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

I did the reverse, my common color is blue, but I did exchange my blue eggs at first to get all the pink box prizes, at the same time, I could open more gold boxes. Now color pink is done, and I need two prizes from the blue boxes. Then I will probably go back to exchanging my eggs to open more gold boxes.

I dropped you a few last night and will keep trying to drop some more to help you achieve your goal :D
  • Tara1qt
    406 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    My common color is blue. If I had it to do again I would have swapped my blue for pink in the beginning when everyone was still collecting baskets making it easier for the exchange. Instead I went to collect blue prizes first and now that I've done it and stopped collecting baskets myself its much harder to get the pink eggs I need.

I have an over abundance of blue baskets of course when I really want pink!!

I need to find that Faberge egg soon!
  • cherrysweatr
    243 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

or so the legend goes

I thought it was 80 overall? 80 of each colour surely is never going to happen specially the gold in the time frame

Sadly it must be 80-81 of each color. I hit 80/81 boxes total yesterday and made it a point to use my gold boxes for those two numbers and got absolute garbage. My whole running tally of stuff is on page 2 of the "Official prize list" or whatever the thread is called.
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

I dropped you a few last night and will keep trying to drop some more to help you achieve your goal :D

I really appreciate it, neighboorino :)

• teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I also cleared the (common fore me) blue prizes about a week ago, and am still trying to get the lizards from the (uncommon for me) pink box, and Hugs Bunny and Shari Bobbins from the gold box. I have now been exchanging all of my blue eggs for pinks in my neighbors' towns, and have been feeling rather generous filling up those baskets. Unfortunately I'm still searching for the Faberge egg myself, so don't have any baskets for neighbors to fill until I find it - I'm not paying 10 donuts for a disappearing 400 egg basket when I can get a way better donut-to-egg ratio by spending 25 or 50.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • Snakeyees
    2320 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    henpot7514 wrote:
    My common colour is blue so my strategy was to swap all my blue eggs for pink in the beginning. I have everything I want from the pink box now and only have Johnny fiestas from my blue box left to get.

My question is this - if your common colour is blue and you are only aiming for gold box prizes, do you just continue to collect blue eggs to win 100 gold eggs at a time? Or do you swap them for pink for he chance to win 300 gold eggs at a time?

you have a higher chance of winning the 300 gold eggs out of your uncommon box than you do winning a hundred blue eggs out of your common box. so trade those blues for pinks
  • 88KEYS62
    200 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    daftfung wrote:
    I'm just reposting what I read on another thread:
    What I think it means by "guaranteed" is that you may not need to open at 80 boxes, but at that point your chances of landing good prizes are certain

Gold Easter Box

Shary Bobbins cannot be awarded before 20 boxes and is guaranteed at 80 boxes.
    Hugs Bunny is guaranteed at 81 boxes.
    Father Sean is guaranteed at 50 boxes.
    Bunny #24601 is guaranteed at 20 boxes.
    Banana Dictatorship is guaranteed at 15 boxes.

Interesting. I've opened 24 gold and have yet to receive Bunny #24601.

Also well over 60 blue (common) and have yet to get Johnny Fiestas.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!