EA Forums - Banner

I very much enjoy the level updates, but the events...

Prev13
The Christmas event last year was the best! I was on my honeymoon for 10 days in the middle of it and I still finished it. Good times!

Replies

• drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited May 2014
    kylstrk wrote:
    The Christmas event last year was the best! I was on my honeymoon for 10 days in the middle of it and I still finished it. Good times!

I actually started playing during that event on Christmas day so like during the last three weeks and only missed some of the prizes and cleared the wheel except for two but that was because back then I didn't know about the forums or even having 100 friends
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Personally bring back the days like Halloween & WD where you had to grind collecting to get the prizes on offer and none of this wheel or chance stuff!
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    The community and personal prize routes were grueling but they were far more rewarding than this disaster. Grinding for 500 eggs daily only to end up with garbage like fences is humiliating.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited May 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Personally bring back the days like Halloween & WD where you had to grind collecting to get the prizes on offer and none of this wheel or chance stuff!

This is the most common thing i've read from everyone who is voicing their discontent at this Easter event, and i agree 100% with it Neo
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited May 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

This is the most common thing i've read from everyone who is voicing their discontent at this Easter event, and i agree 100% with it Neo

Me too. I liked it much better, when we had to hunt down snakes and ghosts in neighbors’ towns. That was way more fun than just tapping 3 random buildings and the return per action diminishes every few taps.
    What I find the weirdest about this event (besides the **** chance based system) is that EA programmed bunnies in our neighbors’ towns and we can’t do anything with them. I would have liked Easter much more, if we were able to tap 5-10 of them per town on top of the friend actions.
    Oh well, another missed opportunity by EA.
  • mcorway
    419 posts
    edited May 2014
    My major complaint with the Easter event is that it's frustrating and annoying. You get 500 gold eggs, then you spin the wheel and end up with 250 pink eggs... what? I just had a plethora of pink eggs, that I used to get gold eggs and I won less than I had to get gold eggs. You feel like you've wasted your time.
  • diverrob1225
    53 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    IMO, Halloween 2013 was absolute perfection.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited May 2014
    IMO, Halloween 2013 was absolute perfection.

That event will always be very hard to top IMHO, personal prizes, community prizes, no elements of chance, plenty of ghosts and gremlins to help progress in the event, even if you have few neighbours in the game. This is how events should have been done afterwards, not this monstrosity of an EAster event where you put all the hard work in and come away with mostly nothing but a pile of crap and maybe, one good gold box prize
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    DJDK-ec wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Me too. I liked it much better, when we had to hunt down snakes and ghosts in neighbors’ towns. That was way more fun than just tapping 3 random buildings and the return per action diminishes every few taps.
    What I find the weirdest about this event (besides the **** chance based system) is that EA programmed bunnies in our neighbors’ towns and we can’t do anything with them. I would have liked Easter much more, if we were able to tap 5-10 of them per town on top of the friend actions.

This is a very good point, dont know why this wasnt implemented, would have defo made visiting friends more enjoyable
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • edited May 2014
    same here, i am playing this game about a year now (started * patricks day last year) and this new events are so boring, its impossible to complete without donuts,you get so few eggs in neighbor towns and wow you get 15 donut when you have 50 fences but you almost cant get so many fences too without spending donuts...
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited May 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

This is a very good point, dont know why this wasnt implemented, would have defo made visiting friends more enjoyable

It certainly would have taken some of the heat out of people's complaints, including mine (i will admit) if EA had implimented that in the game, at least it would have allowed people to get more eggs towards getting the prizes, especially if they cannot get on every few hours to tap bunnies for eggs or visit neighbours regularly due to personal commitments
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    DJDK-ec wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Friendship points and egg collections should go the other way. Rewarding people for visiting friends. Or at least remain at the 4 egg level.
    Most people would dislike the chance element but would be more ok with it if the eggs were more plentiful.

The main dislikes are: it's all chance, scarcity of eggs, the inability to help friends and the diminishing returns the more friends you visit.

I liked whacking day and Halloween best. I liked whacking day best. I did manage to complete Halloween after getting interrupted with rl.
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    With the Halloween and Whacking Day events, I purchased (with donuts) snake/egg generators at the beginning of those events, just to help ensure I'd get all the prizes. I had planned on doing the same with this event (MK II egg generator), but declined, since it's not gonna ensure anything. By taking this ''gambling' route, they've actually lost money from me.
    That's just my constructive criticism, or what some people refer to as me 'whining like a baby'.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Rosshk wrote:
    With the Halloween and Whacking Day events, I purchased (with donuts) snake/egg generators at the beginning of those events, just to help ensure I'd get all the prizes. I had planned on doing the same with this event (MK II egg generator), but declined, since it's not gonna ensure anything. By taking this ''gambling' route, they've actually lost money from me.
    That's just my constructive criticism, or what some people refer to as me 'whining like a baby'.

I feel exactly the same way. I'm a grinder, but I bought "currency"-generating premiums to help things along. This event seems so futile that I saw no point in spending my donuts. A lot of people hated the Christmas and Valentine's wheels, but at least we were given decent chances at spinning those wheels. Without spending donuts, I don't understand how people have opened so many gold boxes. So many people are still without baskets (going on a week now myself), and even visiting 100 friends each day only gets you a couple of common boxes each day if you're lucky.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    how about looking at the events as an update - new storyline with new quests. Anything else is just a bonus
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    WHINE, WHINE, WHINE, WHINE. It just never ends. I had to check the counter on the event to see if we'd somehow got to less than 24 hours left to go, but there's still 11 days left. I mean, seriously.
  • Fettster777
    510 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    kylstrk wrote:

You mean Christmas 2012 right? Christmas 2013 was awful.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    WHINE, WHINE, WHINE, WHINE. It just never ends. I had to check the counter on the event to see if we'd somehow got to less than 24 hours left to go, but there's still 11 days left. I mean, seriously.

Granted, there are too many new posts that are exactly the same as the ongoing ones, but you could simply refrain from reading posts that include complaints about the event. That way you don't have to then feel the need to respond to each one with a snide remark.
  • mcorway
    419 posts
    edited May 2014

Without discussion, there would never be changed. Don't be complacent, especially when events were better before. EA are changing things and need to be told we don't like them. The complaints have merit despite what you may think. The fact there are so many only strengthens the entire point that their new event model is not welcome.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited May 2014

Whining about the whining... that's so meta. And now, I'm whining about the fact that you're whining about the whining!

RaAhBBk4Tpk8e8onxax4EjUmo1_500.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.