EA Forums - Banner

If I..

MissGrafin
806 posts Member
Might be a better option to buy that huge amount of eggs for 100 donuts. 5700 of each colour. That will be more than you will get from baskets for the rest of the event. Plus you still could still find the faberge before the event ends.

But yes it will give you the ability to find baskets.

Replies

• graywolfii
    550 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I got the egg fairly soon after completing the quests, but have found only 2 baskets since then. I agree with MS: just buy eggs if you need eggs!
  • SUM1HATED
    242 posts
    edited May 2014
    MissGrafin wrote:
    Buy that darn faberge egg, do I get my ability to earn baskets again?

Seriously, been deprived for a week here and want to know before I consider dropping 100 donuts on it.

Yeah, I know I could just buy the baskets but A) would probably get more than 10 earning them. B) they're glitchy and I don't want to drop donuts on them if there're not going to work.

Any insight is helpful.

Don't be getting your hopes up i found the egg about a week ago and i haven't had any baskets, I've only had 3 baskets in the whole event and two of them was my common colour, when I'm clicking my friends towns i see a lot of people with like 20 baskets, I'd be happy with one at this point.
  • Snakeyees
    2329 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I read somewhere around here that if you buy that egg you will not get baskets you have to have the one that drops from the bunnies and it could all be just speculation, but people have said it.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I agree. If you decide to use donuts Just buy the eggs. 11,700 eggs in a barn/silo for 100 donuts vs 4,000 you'd get for spending those 100 donuts on baskets that may not work or get filled.

But to be honest, I'd wait a while. They may drop the cost of boxes or improve odds on the prizes. Who knows? Maybe they'll start selling golden eggs for that stupid gold box.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Don't do it. Just keep tapping.
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited May 2014
    cdepast wrote:
    Don't do it. Just keep tapping.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I bought the egg, and have gotten zero baskets. Today I just "won" an extra egg, from zapping bunnies. Maybe that will finally restart the basket drops. The extra egg is now in inventory. Unusable. EA should patch in the ability to place any extras. It would be a tiny recompense for the Fabrege egg/basket fiasco.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    MissGrafin wrote:

Seriously, been deprived for a week here and want to know before I consider dropping 100 donuts on it.

Yeah, I know I could just buy the baskets but A) would probably get more than 10 earning them. B) they're glitchy and I don't want to drop donuts on them if there're not going to work.

Any insight is helpful.
    For the love of anything, don't buy it. At least until the last minute. It has been suggested elsewhere on the forum that it is just a glitch experienced by premium players. Beyond that, while having refused to pay 100 donuts for something that should readily be available to us free, I personally think EA is just trolling me because of the 400 donuts I've spent trying to collect the prizes I haven't won. To date: Shary Bobbins, Father Sean, Kang topiary, and... a FREE Faberge Egg. No baskets in about a week, at least since I finished the questline. As a long time lurker, I have seen many of your posts before, and while I feel dedicated to this inherently broken little game, you have apparently been stronger for much longer than I myself have. If you have to do it, my advice is to make it at the last moment. Hopefully it will pay off for you, or at the very least send a message to EA!
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks fir the heads up folks!

I didn't include buying eggs, beacuse that has always been on the books/done in my town. Just wanted to check in with everyone to see if it was worth my tine. I don't really care if I get the faberge egg, just want more box spins :p
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    May I kindly suggest refraining from purchasing the egg until the last possible minute. You still might get it for gratis! I finished the quest several days ago, scored the egg, and just got my first basket tonight.

Too bad baskets didn't pop up as much as gremlins did.

I miss the gremlins.
  • Zomboy716
    447 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    MissGrafin wrote:

Any insight is helpful.

The whole thing is just a bug. Be patient and they will fix it so you can get baskets and search for the faberge egg at the same time.
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Patience is not a virtue I possess. *twitch*
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!