EA Forums - Banner

Public Service Announcement: Manually Turning on Decorations

True. I have one friend who has most decorations, but the "Simpsons Mansion" is not decorated. It's the first house, why is it turned off? And it wouldn't be to bad if he did not collect from his other houses. Today 1 brown house was coin ready. Aaaaargh. A few more days of this and it's bye bye.

Replies

• Pylios
    37 posts
    edited December 2012
    Very well put. I couls not agree more.
    It' possible though that if you collect money from your houses, you accidentially swipe the building facade to regular. It happened to me quite sme time when I was tapping on my phone, but on my tablet it hasn't occured yet.
    Especially with a lot of houses crowded it's sometimes hard to tell wich ones are decorated and which ones aren't.
  • Veggiefox
    95 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have a couple friends who only have the Simpsons house decorations off. I suspect it's because neighbors will wait for that house to reset to get the Santa coins so they're only tapping on one house and it's causing the town's owner to lose money. Just a hunch though.
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Just corrected my daughter and asked her to switch over Simpsons home and the Flanders home to the decorated lights.
    She hadn't noticed that she accidentally switched them over when collecting cash from them.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Veggiefox wrote:
    I have a couple friends who only have the Simpsons house decorations off. I suspect it's because neighbors will wait for that house to reset to get the Santa coins so they're only tapping on one house and it's causing the town's owner to lose money. Just a hunch though.

You should delete those friends and get new ones. If they don't want to help people during the event, then don't help them either.
  • Pchorsedoc
    323 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    Veggiefox wrote:

You should delete those friends and get new ones. If they don't want to help people during the event, then don't help them either.

How does it cause the towns owner to lose money? I was reading a thread yesterday about collecting from friends that doesn't jive with that theory at all. Confused. :cry:
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Pchorsedoc wrote:
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    Veggiefox wrote:

How does it cause the towns owner to lose money? I was reading a thread yesterday about collecting from friends that doesn't jive with that theory at all. Confused. :cry:

Tapping on a building in a friends town resets the timer on that building, meaning that the owner will be able to collect from it again sooner if a friend taps on it. But since the Simpson house, Flanders, and the Brown house all regenerate so quickly, there's little to no benefit for the owner if you tap them. The reality is, the owner is only getting an extremely small amount regardless of what you tap on, so the people who are actively trying to keep people away from their Simpson house are just lame.

That's why I say delete them if they want to be selfish for no good reason and not help their friends. There are plenty of players out there who are more than happy to sacrifice a minimal amount of $/xp during the event to help others out.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.