EA Forums - Banner

Terrible EA Customer Service

Prev1
can you post a screen of that problem? or are they not visible?

Replies

• atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited May 2014
    Hard to take a SS of this issue but this is one of my biggest problem areas between the waterfalls and the school bus, but their are areas all over this happens. Whenever I click the check mark to place an item the game freezes.

DsB0lQxl.jpg
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    atiq_ruhel wrote:
    Hard to take a SS of this issue but this is one of my biggest problem areas between the waterfalls and the school bus, but their are areas all over this happens. Whenever I click the check mark to place an item the game freezes.

DsB0lQxl.jpg
    the only possible thing i can think off is someone put an "invisible" item there via hacks, like the sit 'n rotate, and trying to put an item over it (since it's not registered being available in the normal game) freezes the game
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I think it's quite funny that you've already had a (maybe) helpful response on the forum, but EA are really bad at answering your issues! Even if LPNintendo is wrong about the problem, I still love the fact that you can come on here and get help from other members, whereas most people who contact EA just moan about how useless they are! :P

• barrymcerlea
    2095 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Having the exact same issue.
    twLe9Qk.jpg
    I contacted EA support on April 20th and was told I would have a reply in 48 hours. I had no reply until April 30th and it was woeful:

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.I can understand that you are facing freezing issue while placing hedges in your town. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you so far. You do not need to worry. I will do my level best to resolve your issue. I request you to please follow the steps given below to fix this issue.Update your device softwareCheck for App updatesInstall another App from the App StoreRestart the AppRestart your deviceRe-install the affected appFor detailed information, please visit the link given below.https://help.ea.com/article/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-appsIf the issue still persist, please update with the mail and let us know the status.

A clearly copied and pasted list which any idiot would be able to tell you, and all of which I had already tried, with no solution. I'm currently in the middle of a redesign and can't finish it because of this issue.
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited May 2014
    No surprises why they have been voted worst company two years running.
  • atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited May 2014
    atiq_ruhel wrote:

DsB0lQxl.jpg
    the only possible thing i can think off is someone put an "invisible" item there via hacks, like the sit 'n rotate, and trying to put an item over it (since it's not registered being available in the normal game) freezes the game

I have no idea what a sit'n'rotate is, but if I was computer savvy enough to know how to hack then I would have no remorse about hacking this game right now...

It's just find it ridiculous that they have such a problem that prevents the primary function of the game and how little they seem to care about this issue... I love the Simpsons and I'm not just saying this but simosons got me thru a really dark time in my childhood... It was an only escape... So when this game came out I was so excited... Even thru all the problems and cheap tricks EA pulls with items/events.... And bloody fences!! I still love the game... But what's the point if I can't move stuff around and customize the way I want?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Well, plenty of people have been lied to about the no Faberg?=no baskets thing being a glitch when it's explicitly in the code. "Customer service" lies all the time.
    Yep. It was kind of a surprise they missed it this year.
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited May 2014

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.I can understand that you are facing freezing issue while placing hedges in your town. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you so far. You do not need to worry. I will do my level best to resolve your issue. I request you to please follow the steps given below to fix this issue.Update your device softwareCheck for App updatesInstall another App from the App StoreRestart the AppRestart your deviceRe-install the affected appFor detailed information, please visit the link given below.https://help.ea.com/article/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-appsIf the issue still persist, please update with the mail and let us know the status.

A clearly copied and pasted list which any idiot would be able to tell you, and all of which I had already tried, with no solution. I'm currently in the middle of a redesign and can't finish it because of this issue.

Wow, this blows my mind. They couldn't even take 2 seconds to put spaces between things, instead they just paste a generic response. Ridiculous.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    I think it's quite funny that you've already had a (maybe) helpful response on the forum, but EA are really bad at answering your issues! Even if LPNintendo is wrong about the problem, I still love the fact that you can come on here and get help from other members, whereas most people who contact EA just moan about how useless they are! :P

+1 :thumbup:

Ive contacted EA a few times on missing donuts and their response there was really excellent. I guess its mostly the bugs and glitches that get the worst repsonse. I opened a ticket once on a freezing issue. Took them almost two weeks to send me a standard answer. When i replied that that wasnt what i was looking for they directed me to this forum. If they wouldve taken 2 seconds longer thet wouldve seen that i had about 700+ posts on here already at that time. :lol::lol:
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Well, plenty of people have been lied to about the no Faberg?=no baskets thing being a glitch when it's explicitly in the code. "Customer service" lies all the time.
    Yep. It was kind of a surprise they missed it this year.

Gasp. That explains it! Maybe their feelings were hurt when they didn't win that vote, and they've decided to put more effort into it so they beat the other guy next time. Everybody hates a loser.

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    juliet603 wrote:

Ive contacted EA a few times on missing donuts and their response there was really excellent. I guess its mostly the bugs and glitches that get the worst repsonse. I opened a ticket once on a freezing issue. Took them almost two weeks to send me a standard answer. When i replied that that wasnt what i was looking for they directed me to this forum. If they wouldve taken 2 seconds longer thet wouldve seen that i had about 700+ posts on here already at that time. :lol::lol:

(They probably got you mixed up with eliansukke179, saw that he never posts, and figured, well, screw him.) 8)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • NMayo
    898 posts
    edited May 2014
    I have the same problem on mine and I got the same responses that you all got..

Im playing on a Galaxy Note 3 and if I just let it sit there, like I did Parking Lots last night, after around 2-3 minutes, it comes out of it (if it doesnt crash) and the parking lot is there. I placed another Parking Lot, same thing. another 2-3 minutes it came out of it..

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • blackgryphon9999
    685 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    As sad as it is, this is the result of outsourcing customer support. The first message you send is probably read only by an AI, which then responds with some generic responses based on keywords in your email. When you e-mail back saying that you were sure they didn't understand what you were asking, a person responds with the same generic responses. And on it goes, until you get frustrated and go away or they close the case on you.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited May 2014
    juliet603 wrote:

I think so also this was the response I received yesterday

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Experience again.

I truly apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue and for our assistance.

I understand that you are concerned for your purchased donuts which you haven't received. I know you have been disappointed and nothing can measure up to what you have been made to feel. Also, I really appreciate your efforts in providing all the requested information.

As our players are very important for us, and we never want any of our player facing any type of issue. We always try to serve you in best way. I have added 1150 Donuts in your account that you had paid for Please wait for 24-48 hrs for donuts to be credited in your account.

Enjoy your donuts and enjoy playing "The Simpsons: Tapped Out"

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you with your issue. Please feel free to get in touch with us anytime.

As always, we strive to provide you with the world's best customer experience for the world's best games.

• mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    juliet603 wrote:

(They probably got you mixed up with eliansukke179, saw that he never posts, and figured, well, screw him.) 8)

Not him again! That guy has cost me 3 Jobs already! And my last wife!
    :lol: :P
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited May 2014
    ALL customer service are the same, they have their little list of things they want you to do, and no matter what you tell them, every time they go through it as it we were idiots. You have to bare with it, had to contact EA twice, twice went by the little list, but I must say at the end they did fix things. Always ended up with a few donuts or this time a few event items and donuts for the trouble. Believe me it be worst, a big computer company was wayyyyyyyyy worst and more condescending, talking to them always made me feel like the village idiot even if they were never able to fix the damn computer!
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Yeah. They marked my problem "resolved" without doing anything to fix it. I went to my case listings on their site and reopened it.
  • frogger53
    686 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I used to be on Facebook and played their games, such as Cityville, etc. which are run by Zynga. They were good to begin with, but, as time went on, they got steadily worse. It's been in the news how terrible they are and how they closed most of their customer service centers. I no longer play their games. I believe all gaming companies are basically the same. They're motivated by how much more profit they can make and customer service takes a back seat.
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    ALL customer service are the same, they have their little list of things they want you to do, and no matter what you tell them, every time they go through it as it we were idiots. You have to bare with it, had to contact EA twice, twice went by the little list, but I must say at the end they did fix things. Always ended up with a few donuts or this time a few event items and donuts for the trouble. Believe me it be worst, a big computer company was wayyyyyyyyy worst and more condescending, talking to them always made me feel like the village idiot even if they were never able to fix the damn computer!
    Apples CS isn't like that, theirs is amazing. Their web chat staff are friendly, supportive and actually fix the problems. When I contacted them, after discussing it they offered to request a ring back or make me an appointment at a Genius Bar. Rang them up the next day, following web chat advice, told them the charger had broken. They were happy to help and sent a new charger, with it arriving the next day. Truly the best CS ever.
  • RavenStorm32
    4 posts
    edited May 2014
    While I sympathize with those who are having problems with their game, I have had nothing but great experiences with the EA customer service. I just think that people pointing out (or voting) EA as having the worst customer service or being the worst company in America is really lame. It's 2014 and the worst things happening to our country are video game related?

Anyways, just be glad you don't live in here Germany. Many (maybe all?) places make you pay to contact their customer service reps, and no matter what, it's always because you the user are an idiot and it's your fault. My tv could explode but the customer service rep would blame me (and charge me a euro a minute) for watching Channel 4 or something :p
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.