EA Forums - Banner

Been thinking about EA's bottom line...

Haven't even thought about hacking my game.

Hack The Planet, though.

Replies

• ms_358
    145 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    25% of the people on my friends list have the game hacked. How do I know this? Many have 10000+ eggs in all colors. Also many started having 3+ whales in thier Springfield.
    As far as I', concerned I once bought 900 donuts to buy buildings and a few decos for my TV stations tasks. I won't hack the game but I can see why people would and each of those people is a lost opportunity for EA.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    ms_358 wrote:
    25% of the people on my friends list have the game hacked. How do I know this? Many have 10000+ eggs in all colors. Also many started having 3+ whales in thier Springfield.
    As far as I', concerned I once bought 900 donuts to buy buildings and a few decos for my TV stations tasks. I won't hack the game but I can see why people would and each of those people is a lost opportunity for EA.

There are people with a lot of money to spend. Doesnt necasserily mean they hacked the game.
    People buy eggs and ive seen people with multiple whales that have bought them.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited May 2014
    ms_358 wrote:

There are people with a lot of money to spend. Doesnt necasserily mean they hacked the game.
    People buy eggs and ive seen people with multiple whales that have bought them.

This
    200 donuts can get you over 11,400 pink and blue eggs and opening your uncommon color box gives you 300 golden eggs which you can keep getting and saving up your eggs to get 10,000 to open alot at once
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    kevfd wrote:
    For those many who have blasted this event and/or feel like theyve been ripped off by EA, (I include myself in the latter category), I truly believe these things seem to find a way of evening themselves out... I just wonder how many people, because of this update, have felt the need to hack their game in order to get all the prizes to be done with the whole affair?? I believe therer will be a large number. Hell, I even pondered it myself for a few minutes and I am staunchly against cheating in any shape or form... Millions of pounds lost revenue, maybe??? Tbh, I think they should just scrap the whole update, give everyone ALL the prizes, (and take most of the s**t ones back), and go back to the drawing board. At the end of the day, I will sleep the same no matter what I do or dont win in this update as I don't have managers and shareholders to answer to!!
    In one of the other forums, that of course I never go to (How do I know about it? Uhh, a...friend told me about it! Yeah, that's it...a...friend, yeah. Um, whoops. :oops:) many players cheerfully discuss how they've hacked the game in one form or another. Am I hacked (Pun most definitely intended) off that I wasted 400 donuts buying eggs on this event? You betcha! Do I consider it "fair" that EA has limited time items that they refuse to rerelease, even if they were not available to Android players? Heck no. But, in spite of that, even while coveting all the items I see in other towns, I refuse to hack my town. Here's what tickles me though: Since EA seems to only care about profit, rather than catering to the whims of the people who pay their bills, think of all the revenue they are losing by NOT rereleasing limited time items/characters. If they did, they would undoubtedly be more cost prohibitive than they were initially (Duff Racer, anyone?) but I know I'm not the only sucker who would spend in-game cash (Duff Racer, because I'm an idiot) or even my precious donuts (Even more precious now because I can't afford to buy more) to have that which I covet (Swanky Fish, which in all fairness I believe was actually rereleased at the same PREMUIM price, because I'm a total idiot). As you have keenly pointed out, although you and I refuse to use hacks, there are plenty of people out there who have no qualms whatsoever. There are only two towns in my full compliment of neighboreenos I believe to be hacked (How many donuts did you have to spend to get all that? O RLY?) and although I have no way of proving it, if somebody wants to "stick it to the man" in this manner, more power to them, as long as the "man" in question is EA, since they seem willfully intent on sticking it to us, the people who pay their bills. All those millions of pounds, euros, and dollars they are losing out on are nobody's fault but their own, as they are too greedy for their own good. I apologize for the wall of text rage response, but I'm making every effort to make my displeasure with EA freely known. TLDR: Yeah, EA is full of jerks and stupid-heads.
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited May 2014
    Stupid heads!! EA must've really irked musicbooks.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    *In best Homer voice* EA, you are a stupid-head. *EA* MusicBooks960, is that you? *Me* AAAAHHH!!! *Runs away*
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited May 2014

Apparently they did! Musicbooks usually uses stuff like actual paragraphs and only one question mark at a time. And I thought I was the parentheses person here. (Though at least musicbooks remembers to close them.
    :mrgreen:
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Aliceter
    6 posts
    edited May 2014
    I some times feel the want to hack the game but that would just cheapen any thing I wold get in comparison to earning it some way. Normally it's just a once in a blue moon thought but I must admit ever since they started with this chafe gig and espicily this event it's been way more in frequency and want.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited May 2014
    I've spent too much time and actual money at this point to risk hacking my game. I just know if I did it, I would be the one that would wind up getting the ban hammer from EA, and losing my town would totally kill me inside. I just don't want to take that risk. I know that I have at least 2 neighbors that probably hacked their games, just by the fleet of submarines and the massive school of whales, but that's them. They can play however they please.
  • Aliceter
    6 posts
    edited May 2014
    I've spent too much time and actual money at this point to risk hacking my game. I just know if I did it, I would be the one that would wind up getting the ban hammer from EA, and losing my town would totally kill me inside. I just don't want to take that risk. I know that I have at least 2 neighbors that probably hacked their games, just by the fleet of submarines and the massive school of whales, but that's them. They can play however they please.

I know what you mean that would be my luck too.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.