EA Forums - Banner

Craptastic Event

WORD!

Replies

• cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited May 2014
    I hate to say this, as I loved this event at first when the eggs and questlines were plentiful, but it just feels like a cash-grab now. I, as well as many others, have spent a good share of money on eggs and come out egg-pile-handed (I can't say empty-handed because I DID win something, about a dozen egg piles and beach towels). I want to be positive, I really do, but today I opened up my 3rd or 4th gold box to contain 250 pink eggs (my common color). That's just absurd. After all the work it takes to even be able to open a gold box, to just get strapped with 250 crappy pink eggs is insulting. I've ranted a lot about this already, so I'll just end this by saying that you're totally right and I agree with you.
  • jmart0031914
    281 posts
    edited May 2014
    def. worst thing since i started playing!
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    trust me, these pointless, repetitive, and whiny threads are 10x worse.
  • bagndrag420
    361 posts
    edited May 2014

Yes but maybe EA will take notice of how pissed everyone is and maybe just maybe correct this crap
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I hate to say this, as I loved this event at first when the eggs and questlines were plentiful, but it just feels like a cash-grab now. I, as well as many others, have spent a good share of money on eggs and come out egg-pile-handed (I can't say empty-handed because I DID win something, about a dozen egg piles and beach towels). I want to be positive, I really do, but today I opened up my 3rd or 4th gold box to contain 250 pink eggs (my common color). That's just absurd. After all the work it takes to even be able to open a gold box, to just get strapped with 250 crappy pink eggs is insulting. I've ranted a lot about this already, so I'll just end this by saying that you're totally right and I agree with you.

Aarrgghh. This event ... I haven't been this frustrated since I tried to explain the concept of "No, an ATM card is NOT magical" to my 4-year old niece.

BTW, I've been meaning to mention I love your screenname. Have you heard the joke:

Rene Descartes sits in a bar having a drink. When his glass is empty, the bartender approaches and asks "Would you like another?" Descartes replies "I think not." And disappears.

(... my Philosophy loving husband thought it was funny...)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited May 2014

As many as it takes. That's how many of these threads we need. As many as it takes.
  • Mathwall
    412 posts
    edited May 2014
    It's only 6 days left into the event calm down hell on earth is almost over.
  • auroraasters
    43 posts
    edited May 2014
    I have to agree with pretty much every complaint post on here. Normally I go into an event with the intention of grinding for all the prizes, it's getting to the point where I don't care. They're taking the fun out of events for me (and a lot of others it seems like). I don't spend money on this game at all but I had some donuts saved up just by playing so I bought a big egg generator. Still hasn't helped so I cant wait for this to end
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited May 2014

Aarrgghh. This event ... I haven't been this frustrated since I tried to explain the concept of "No, an ATM card is NOT magical" to my 4-year old niece.

BTW, I've been meaning to mention I love your screenname. Have you heard the joke:

Rene Descartes sits in a bar having a drink. When his glass is empty, the bartender approaches and asks "Would you like another?" Descartes replies "I think not." And disappears.

(... my Philosophy loving husband thought it was funny...)

Lol. That's a good one. I'll have to remember that one. :D
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited May 2014
    I have to agree with pretty much every complaint post on here. Normally I go into an event with the intention of grinding for all the prizes, it's getting to the point where I don't care. They're taking the fun out of events for me (and a lot of others it seems like). I don't spend money on this game at all but I had some donuts saved up just by playing so I bought a big egg generator. Still hasn't helped so I cant wait for this to end

I was wondering if I would have been better off investing in an Egg Generator as opposed to just buying eggs. It appears not. It's like they've fixed it to where it's almost impossible to win. I know a few people have completed the event (I've seen a few posts and trophies in other posters' signatures), but I wonder how much they had to spend to do it. I regret buying the eggs so badly. I wish I had just bought Barney's Bowl-a-Rama or the Sleep Eazy Motel instead. It would have been a much more worthwhile investment.
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited May 2014

Please explain why you read them and respond...
  • auroraasters
    43 posts
    edited May 2014
    I was wondering if I would have been better off investing in an Egg Generator as opposed to just buying eggs. It appears not. It's like they've fixed it to where it's almost impossible to win. I know a few people have completed the event (I've seen a few posts and trophies in other posters' signatures), but I wonder how much they had to spend to do it. I regret buying the eggs so badly. I wish I had just bought Barney's Bowl-a-Rama or the Sleep Eazy Motel instead. It would have been a much more worthwhile investment.

Yep trust me, save your donuts and go with Barney. I really wish I had.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Seriously, MusicBooks, are you ever going to make it to one of these threads on time? No. Did you get abducted by the cool aliens again? Look, I already told you. That's why I'm late to tomorrow's rage thread. I know, this is the thread where you tell us you had to rescue an entire family from a burning highrise building, isn't it? No, but I think I might use that excuse in a future rage thread. No, it was because of that other rage thread, you know, the one where you made me hungry? I had to go get something to eat. Yeah, but weren't you screaming incoherent gibberish about a ham sandwich? You shouldn't have even had to leave your own house! I was hungry and I'm lazy. I'm not gonna cook. Making a ham sandwich is not cooking! Bread, ham, condiments! No cooking is involved, you reject! There is if the ham isn't cooked. So you had an uncooked ham? No, I was just hungry and lazy. You know, several people are very angry at these text wall comments in rage threads, and you've not even been doing a very good job of raging in these rants. My bad. Is that all you have too say for yourself, "My bad"?You don't feel the slightest inkling of remorse do you? No. Look at you. You're a mess. Even your responses are getting lazy. You have to be the single most lazy individual to have ever existed. True, but at least I'm not hungry anymore. *Runs away screaming incoherent gibberish about not raging in yet another rant thread*
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited May 2014

To me buying eggs is like spending money on a lottery ticket in the hope of winning money so could go somewhere for your summer vacation. Chances are your vacations will be spent in your backyard.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited May 2014

To me buying eggs is like spending money on a lottery ticket in the hope of winning money so could go somewhere for your summer vacation. Chances are your vacations will be spent in your backyard.

Nope. In this event, buying eggs is like spending money on a regular lottery ticket in the hope of winning a special lottery ticket in the hope of winning money.
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited May 2014

Nope. In this event, buying eggs is like spending money on a regular lottery ticket in the hope of winning a special lottery ticket in the hope of winning money.

True it is a lottery in a lottery, but like all lottery you should not be surprise if you don't win, and like my dad used to say, with a lottery you are only guarantee to spend money.
  • MasterChiefRod
    17 posts
    edited May 2014
    I find this event not to be fun because there are all these prizes up for grabs, but getting even 2 of them during this event seems almost impossible unless I spend a crapload on donuts. I just want all those gold egg characters and I know I won't be able to get any of them. It's too bad really.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I just want all those gold egg characters and I know I won't be able to get any of them. It's too bad really.

I'm in the same boat. I'd like to win them all. But I'd be happy if I just won one playable character.
  • HerrTriggerrz
    166 posts
    edited May 2014
    What annoys me are all these "tappers" who feel like they have to keep adding a new thread to make the point.

I'll use this thread, I don't care if my opinion gets buried under all the other ones to come .

Do the DEVs realize this event has lost their audience and failed to compel people to play the game ? possibly , will they concoct something better or go back to the WHEELS ? likely .

Is it a real drag to save for boxes for 3 straight days , get GOLD eggs , and finally get a GOLD BOX after 6 days to get 2 RAINBOW FENCES! damn straight!

I got Father Sean (saw his episode tonight ), Egg Council Guy, and a Faberge . I have yet to land a new building , and I'm barely halfway into the fences quest. from 6 AAM until 7 PM Im tapping bunnies and doing neighbor raids .

Where this event FAILS:

Ok I get the EASTER BASKET community help / trade off , and a 50 for 100 common egg is a steep price , but acceptable after you have all egg tasks and carrots and frinkthematic egg generator.

HOWEVER> Who's twisted , stupid idea was it to NOT ALLOW you to store baskets once they have been placed?

Really ?? It would make getting all 500 egg tradeoffs for me easier than having 100 in this basket and 100 in that basket , because for some reason my neighbors keep using empty baskets to give me eggs , and I'm thinking if I had the choices down to one each basket , the whole process would be easier.

BUT NOOOOOOOO ! we can't have Easter baskets in storage for some as yet unexplainable reason.

Ok I have a Krustyland , but the bunnies are untappable un zappable ???? because why ? I'd think Krusty would have you gather them for Krusty Rib Wiches secret ingredient.

Also as long as Im active , why do you penalize people for missing the game a few days , and keeping their neighbors from visiting interactions? Their town is carrying the newest update , they just haven't logged in since my previous visit .

Was'nt the idea of the game to make EA some money and give customers a fun experience ? THIS AINT FUN!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!