EA Forums - Banner

Wanted everyone to know

Origin just seems like the cause of so many problems. I wish they'd try and make it so that they used Game Centre instead.

Replies

• Retcon93
    227 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    Origin just seems like the cause of so many problems. I wish they'd try and make it so that they used Game Centre instead.

I literally don't understand why they don't. Origin is absolutely horrendous, and surely it'd be cheaper running of Apple's servers than buying and maintaining (and as is clear, constantly fixing) their own?
  • ur_wack452
    237 posts
    edited December 2012
    I agree thats what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket I guess. You know this type of stuff was happening with TSTo on the original launch and Apple told them to take it off the App store and fix it. Then it came back a month or two later and they gave all us original players 60 donuts. Apple unlike EA has high customer values and doesn't tolerate games not operating the way they are supposed to on the App store.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I couldn't login to the forum from my computer, it kept giving me an error message.
  • caesarscott
    82 posts
    edited December 2012
    game center is even worse. apple does nothing to fix its problems b/c they have no games that they put out which use it.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Retcon93 wrote:
    sonny1618 wrote:

I literally don't understand why they don't. Origin is absolutely horrendous, and surely it'd be cheaper running of Apple's servers than buying and maintaining (and as is clear, constantly fixing) their own?

I suspect that the reasons are; 1) that they want to be able to control every aspect of the game and keep all the data and connections within their own domain for whatever reason, and 2) because there may well be features and functions of how the social element of the game works that is incompatible with the structure and operation of Game Centre.

Pure speculation of course, but I really don't know whether they would be able to use GC and have the same gameplay. At any rate, Origin is still a glitchy mess.
  • maikelpeels
    44 posts
    edited December 2012
    C&C Tiberium Alliances also doesn't work
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    zuzupj wrote:
    I couldn't login to the forum from my computer, it kept giving me an error message.

Then i wasn't the only one
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited December 2012
    ur_wack452 wrote:
    Apparently TSTO is not soley effected by the Origin problem. I was going to try and play a few rounds of Battlefield 3 on my PS 3 before work and I am getting an error message as well. BTW Battlefield 3 is an EA/Origin product.

I can play BF3 PC just fine
  • randyseward
    25 posts
    edited December 2012
    Thats what you get with microsoft. I can only access origin on my iphone cause origin is for windows.
  • MacJiggles
    326 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:

Game Center has its own share of server overload problems...
  • bartap74
    144 posts
    edited December 2012
    I still wish they'd just make it a Facebook game. It would much easier for me to play on my laptop (much bigger screen, for one thing), and there would be much fewer server issues.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!