EA Forums - Banner

Is money worthwhile anymore?

i hear you
i'm at 85 Mil and really starting to wonder whats the point of collecting more

i mentioned before that i think it would be a cool feature if they gave us the bank and for every million (or whatever) after 30 days it becomes a donut

with that said, i still tap and collect, out of habit i guess

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    You can buy and sell back volleyball courts or weather stations for XP to earn donuts.
  • young_russ696
    17 posts
    edited May 2014
    I was wondering the same thing. When i first started playing, it took some time to raise $1000 for a buliding. Now I'm rackin in the cash with nothing to splurge on. I wish we could exchange in game cash for donuts. I'm a freemium player so that would help out ALOT! I won't hold my breath tho
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    You can buy and sell back volleyball courts or weather stations for XP to earn donuts.
    That would probably earn more donuts then a million to one trade system would. Plus they'd get a return when they sell the weather stations lol.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited May 2014
    What we need are more million dollar items, and another row and column of land - that ought to cure us of our money problems.
  • bagndrag420
    361 posts
    edited May 2014
    I stopped tasking everyone out at around 25 million now I just kinda mess with my town doing small redesigns in between updates
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Saving for new land and the next aspirational, 15 million seems like enough to me. More than that seems useless.
    I just don't want to take the time to buy/sell for donuts. Plus, maybe they'll add something for the in game 1%ers.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited May 2014
    I stopped tasking everyone out at around 25 million now I just kinda mess with my town doing small redesigns in between updates

I did that for a while, but now I'm on 24s again. Not sure why, there's no point.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    If EA keeps jacking up the prices of questline buildings, excess money won't be a concern to anyone but the richest ritchies. Look at Ah, Fudge! 600,000! I know that doesn't seem much if you're sitting on tens of millions, but think about how badly that hurts players who are strapped for cash!
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Redesign some areas every now and then. Its pretty fun to do and now you have so much money, you can make it look any way you want. :thumbup:

I do it all the time. Got around 17 mill i think and redesigning doesnt use up loads of money, so to answer your question: not really. But hey! Youre a millionare.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

This is what I do, I'd rather have the donuts than masses of money in the bank!
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    (So farmers can't break the value of premium currency)

At one point I had a massive white house farm, a little under 1,500, which created about $75,000 in one of my side towns. So don't count out the dedicated house farmer :lol:

• psideresider
    218 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

This. Not near as time consuming as it used to be either, since it puts them right next to each other like fences.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited May 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    What we need are more million dollar items, and another row and column of land - that ought to cure us of our money problems.

Land would probably cost donuts
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:

Land would probably cost donuts

NOOO.gif
  • mwdalton
    11557 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    If EA keeps jacking up the prices of questline buildings, excess money won't be a concern to anyone but the richest ritchies. Look at Ah, Fudge! 600,000! I know that doesn't seem much if you're sitting on tens of millions, but think about how badly that hurts players who are strapped for cash!

All that means is they've got more gameplay ahead of them, something to strive for. It gets a bit boring not having to play towards anything (outside of events).
    GamerGD3 wrote:

37y6.png
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    We live in a world where, in real life, you can get a $4.2 million tiara for your DOG. My paying millions for an elevator-to-nowhere sounds downright frugal in comparison.
    Screenshot_2014-05-06-15-22-3_edit_1399415010552.png
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.