EA Forums - Banner

Unable to get to neighbors

ohhhh thats a new one for this event! thats HORRIBLE!!!! especially after uninstalling and reinstalling, im not sure what to tell u except I can visit mine, but I have a Galaxy Note3 with the newer Android, so for example, I visited 7 friends just now and crashed 5 times................................

Replies

• andrewsworld1
    213 posts
    edited May 2014
    aconnol3 wrote:
    For six plus days now I have been unable to get to any of my neighbors. I click on the icon to do so and I see the other towns for a split second and the. I get the Bart message of "unable to connect to server". I have logged out, logged back in, removed the game from my ipad, reinstalled it. No luck. Anyone have this issue?

I am losing out on hundreds and hundreds of eggs and still waiting for the fab egg and that has been over 10 days now. Very frustrating.

I only get that error mes sage when I have problems with my internet. Check your connection :-)
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2014
    aconnol3 wrote:
    For six plus days now I have been unable to get to any of my neighbors. I click on the icon to do so and I see the other towns for a split second and the. I get the Bart message of "unable to connect to server". I have logged out, logged back in, removed the game from my ipad, reinstalled it. No luck. Anyone have this issue?

I am losing out on hundreds and hundreds of eggs and still waiting for the fab egg and that has been over 10 days now. Very frustrating.

What device are you using?

How many friends do you have? As maybe an odd one is crashing your game. generally that will only happen when you click that person tho, so to have this happen when loading the screen is S.T.Range.

An old situation which used to crash peoples game was having too many friend requests pending, which you needed to log in on the Origin Website to remove as the in-game screen didnt show everyone pending, again this i believe was resolved but might be worth checking.

These are just a few things i can think of for the moment, might be worth opening a ticket with EA to get this looked at, as not gaining enough eggs is a problem specially as there not long left in the event :( Really hope you can get this sorted

I will move this thread to Bugs & Issues so hopefully you get some more replies/help :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

An old situation which used to crash peoples game was having too many friend requests pending, which you needed to log in on the Origin Website to remove as the in-game screen didnt show everyone pending, again this i believe was resolved but might be worth checking.
    It is definitely worth checking. I seem to get way more crashes when I have even a few pending requests, so I keep them cleared out for greatest stability.( I think it's more of an issue on android.)
  • aconnol3
    9 posts
    edited May 2014
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I am using an ipad and as far as Internet is concerned everything is fine. I am able to play the game as long as I like as long as I do not try to go to neighbors. Based on the suggestions it sounds like it could be the pending friend requests. The problem being I couldn't get in to remove them or answer them. I am sure I have lost some people due to my "inactivity". I will def check that out. I have the max number of friends and a boat load (500) pending FR. Thank you all for your help. I will try the origin site right now.
  • aconnol3
    9 posts
    edited May 2014
    I submitted a ticket a few hours ago and although in the game it still says I have 500 friend requests I do not and I am now able to get tommy neighbors towns. Once I am at that screen and click origin it says I do not have any friend requests. A little reset seems to have done the trick.
    Thank you all for the advice.
  • aconnol3
    9 posts
    edited May 2014
    Spoke too soon. Back to the same old same ol'.... I once again have 500 friend requests pending and cannot get to my friends towns.
  • NMayo
    898 posts
    edited May 2014
    has EA gotten back to you on this? I definitely think its a glitch with your Account specifically.
  • aconnol3
    9 posts
    edited May 2014
    No they have not. I was sure they had done something as I try to get to my neighbors at least 10 times a day at all different times and have not been able to get in like I said in the original post. Them suddenly I got in repeatedly for about an hour. Then nothing again. Frustrating
  • aconnol3
    9 posts
    edited May 2014
    Still waiting for a response from EA
  • aconnol3
    9 posts
    edited June 2014
    30 days later and problem still not fixed. They have replied once, I followed their instructions and replied to the. And now nothing for two weeks. I missed out on the end of Easter and now missing out on the stone cutters. I do have 500 pending friend requests but cannot delete them due to not being able to get to my neighbors. ,a couple random times when I have tried I have made it to other towns but the 500 friend requests disappeared then I get booted out mans the 500 pending are back. Seems to definitely be so,ethnic there and I even asked EA to clear them but as always no word.
  • stupido63
    2 posts
    edited June 2014
    aconnol3 wrote:
    30 days later and problem still not fixed. They have replied once, I followed their instructions and replied to the. And now nothing for two weeks. I missed out on the end of Easter and now missing out on the stone cutters. I do have 500 pending friend requests but cannot delete them due to not being able to get to my neighbors. ,a couple random times when I have tried I have made it to other towns but the 500 friend requests disappeared then I get booted out mans the 500 pending are back. Seems to definitely be so,ethnic there and I even asked EA to clear them but as always no word.

We have been having the same problem here too. Been three weeks. Anyway, how do you delete pending friend requests without being able to visit friends? A Catch 22. The solution is to download and install the the Origin client software for your PC or MAC. Then launch it and log in. Just logging into Origin will not do. You must be running the client software. There you can delete the pending friend requests. Actually you ignore them. And unfortunately, it is one at a time. And it only shows the first 500. So you might have to log out and log back in a couple or three times. And yes this makes no sense but while you can't play the Simpsons from the Origin PC client, you can see and modify the friends list.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!