EA Forums - Banner

EA - it's time to change the odds

Prev1
Agreed. They did it with the Christmas update, and those prizes were way easier to obtain. I'll be disappointed if they don't change something at the end.

Now, people here who paid for donuts/eggs to get everything will come in here and disagree with us.

Replies

• juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I don't think they'll do it, everyone who spent donuts would go nuts! Plus you're forgetting one important factor - EA hate us! :lol:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    No, they don't need to change the odds. They just need to give us a way to get MORE EGGS.

Stop the ridiculous declining returns from visiting neighbors, increase the drop rate on baskets. Everyone can open the hundreds of boxes needed to reach all or most of the guarantee numbers. Solved!
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I spent doughnuts to get blocko (it's the only building I wanted) I'd personally love ea to increase the odds. I still desperately want johnny fiestas but it won't happen.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    No, they don't need to change the odds. They just need to give us a way to get MORE EGGS.

Stop the ridiculous declining returns from visiting neighbors, increase the drop rate on baskets. Everyone can open the hundreds of boxes needed to reach all or most of the guarantee numbers. Solved!

I pretty much agree with everything there, but the one other thing they really should do is DROP the cost of the boxes from 500 to 250 or even 300, give people a better chance at opening them, especially those who are not fortunate enough to have lots of neighbours

Take out the 250 egg boxes from the gold box and change it to 10 donuts

• Deadshot_DCU
    6250 posts Moderator
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

This seems to be the most logical & fair solution. Hopefully they will do this to help everyone out. Because I seriously do NOT want this event to be extended at all.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Although i would really like this as well, since im still missing a lot of decent prizes, i could understand that the people that did spend donuts to get decent prizes will not be amused when the odds change and every started receiving good prizes without effort.

Still vote yes though! Drop those prizes! Increase the gg-dropping! Change those odds! Give me my Faberg? egg!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

This seems to be the most logical & fair solution. Hopefully they will do this to help everyone out. Because I seriously do NOT want this event to be extended at all.

Totally agreed, we need more chances in opening the gold boxes, more baskets, more eggs.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    one other thing they really should do is DROP the cost of the boxes from 500 to 250 or even 300, give people a better chance at opening them, especially those who are not fortunate enough to have lots of neighbours

If they did that as well, it would be great, but if we got sufficient eggs then lowering the cost might not be necessary. (Well, it might at this point since there's only a week left.)
    I hate the eggs in the gold box, but it's probably too late to hope that the prizes will change. If I could open ten boxes a day instead of three, it wouldn't matter quite as much when one of them sucked.
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    There's rumors, from people that comb the files, that tomorrow they're going to give us an option to buy Gold eggs.
    Not a very good deal if what they say is true though- like 100 donuts for 11.5 boxes...
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited May 2014
    jukan00 wrote:
    There's rumors, from people that comb the files, that tomorrow they're going to give us an option to buy Gold eggs.
    Not a very good deal if what they say is true though- like 100 donuts for 11.5 boxes...

That will just increase the animosity towards this event if they try that kind of donut price with the gold eggs, tbh, i think what they are charging for blue and pink eggs is too much as it stands, for 100 donuts, i would want at least 20+ shots at that gold box to make it worthwhile

Because of the difference in gold box prizes people have, i hope if EA do this they keep it reasonable. I'm only needing two (HB and SB) and to a lesser extent the other topiary. I think they should offer something like 2000 gold eggs for 25 donuts

that would allow a player to open 4 boxes

maybe that's too few, maybe that's too much, maybe that's not enough donuts to justify gold eggs, but they have to do something at least, and not make it like they are blatantly going after people's money

But this is EA i'm talking about, so a fair deal is out of the question if it won't make them any money :roll:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    jukan00 wrote:
    There's rumors ... 100 donuts for 11.5 boxes
    pXBMfiP.gif
  • cjryder625
    1414 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    one other thing they really should do is DROP the cost of the boxes from 500 to 250 or even 300, give people a better chance at opening them, especially those who are not fortunate enough to have lots of neighbours

If they did that as well, it would be great, but if we got sufficient eggs then lowering the cost might not be necessary. (Well, it might at this point since there's only a week left.)
    I hate the eggs in the gold box, but it's probably too late to hope that the prizes will change. If I could open ten boxes a day instead of three, it wouldn't matter quite as much when one of them sucked.

Three? I'm lucky to open one uncommon egg box per day. Gold boxes come about every 5 days.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I spent quite a few donuts on this event and still have not gotten Shary Bobbins, Hugs Bunny, Faberge Egg, or Chirpy Boy/Bart Jr, so I too would also appreciate a change in odds, or SOMETHING to move this along a little better...
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    cjryder625 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:

Three? I'm lucky to open one uncommon egg box per day. Gold boxes come about every 5 days.
    Three is my maximum. I think my point still stands; we need more eggs.
  • caraC91
    38 posts
    edited May 2014
    Rosshk wrote:
    Agreed. They did it with the Christmas update, and those prizes were way easier to obtain. I'll be disappointed if they don't change something at the end.

Now, people here who paid for donuts/eggs to get everything will come in here and disagree with us.

Haha, actually no. I've used a lot of donuts but have turned up squat so I pretty much agree !!! :D
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited May 2014
    If they do like they did with the Christmas event this is what it'll be like

Christmas 2013:
    Tuesday, January 7th: original end date
    Friday, January 3rd: Event extended
    Friday, January 10th:odds increased
    Tuesday, January 14th: event ended

So Easter would be

Tuesday, May 13th: end date

Friday May 9th: event extended
    Friday May 16th: odds increased
    Tuesday May 20th: event ends

So really they wouldn't increase the odds until last 4 days if they do
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Right Drosax1, if the event is extended, but hey... who wants THIS event to be extended. :lol:

Not me ! ;)
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited May 2014
    Right Drosax1, if the event is extended, but hey... who wants THIS event to be extended. :lol:

Not me ! ;)

I don't either this event could of been good but it was executed poorly
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014

Not me ! ;)
    I kind of do. Extended with more eggs. There are just two things left I'm really interested in having, but Shary is the most difficult to get, so I need more time and more eggs. :(
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    drosax1 wrote:

Not me ! ;)

I don't either this event could of been good but it was executed poorly

I want it extended so I can win all the prizes. Unless my luck changes within the next 5 days. They need to increase the odds of good prizes and give us more eggs but they won't do either. And I'm betting EA executed this crapfest exactly as they wanted too. Giving us wheels of torture (disguised as boxes) with terrible odds so everyone will shell out their money to win all the prizes.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!