EA Forums - Banner

Happy (-ish, or -er)

I find it calming to clear my chaotic town in the morning, and put all my characters to work on the visible tasks that most amuse me. Though I have not changed it recently, I like experimenting with different "vignettes" in my drive-in theater.

Before it became important to keep rents uncollected for friends to tap, I would start my day in a rent-collecting, task-assigning frenzy. There was great satisfaction in being a slum landlord AND sweatshop owner all at the same time.

Alas, now I need to settle for the sweatshop owner component. But maybe someday things will go back to normal ...

Replies

• MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I find it calming to clear my chaotic town in the morning, and put all my characters to work on the visible tasks that most amuse me. Though I have not changed it recently, I like experimenting with different "vignettes" in my drive-in theater.

Before it became important to keep rents uncollected for friends to tap, I would start my day in a rent-collecting, task-assigning frenzy. There was great satisfaction in being a slum landlord AND sweatshop owner all at the same time.

Alas, now I need to settle for the sweatshop owner component. But maybe someday things will go back to normal ...
    A very good answer. Thank you.
  • mamalettejen
    206 posts
    edited May 2014
    Pure and simple, escape from reality.

RL, at the moment, feels like I'm carrying an elephant up Mt. Everest. I recently started a new job after having been out of work for 6 months and we're still behind on bills. The oldest son was recently diagnosed with ADHD and our treatment choice has caused conflict within our family. The middle and youngest sons bicker constantly. My husband and I work opposite each other so we really don't get to see each other much.

I have a grand ability to make others laugh, A LOT. Laughter from myself is quite rare though so anything that can make me laugh a little or even giggle is golden.
  • andrewsworld1
    213 posts
    edited May 2014

I like the building animations when people are tasked to a building.

The sweatshop comment made me laugh. Do you like sending people to the same place when you get a chance?? :-)
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Pure and simple, escape from reality.

RL, at the moment, feels like I'm carrying an elephant up Mt. Everest. I recently started a new job after having been out of work for 6 months and we're still behind on bills. The oldest son was recently diagnosed with ADHD and our treatment choice has caused conflict within our family. The middle and youngest sons bicker constantly. My husband and I work opposite each other so we really don't get to see each other much.

I have a grand ability to make others laugh, A LOT. Laughter from myself is quite rare though so anything that can make me laugh a little or even giggle is golden.
    Another fine answer! I'm sorry for all the trials and tribulations in your life, and while my situation is much different, my existence has also been extremely difficult recently. Here's to hoping things improve for all involved! Thanks for contributing.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited May 2014

I like the building animations when people are tasked to a building.

The sweatshop comment made me laugh. Do you like sending people to the same place when you get a chance?? :-)
    Good answer, as well, and annettemarc does have a way with words!
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Love the spirit behind this thread.

For me, I love town building and collecting things. TSTO scratches that itch in a very, very satisfactory way. But, this is also why the Easter event has been particularly frustrating because I have just enough of an OCD completionist in me to want it all, but not so much as to actually pull the trigger and sink a ton of money into it.
  • psycho1189
    311 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I just enjoy building and decorating my town. I find it very satisfying when I acquire a new building and decorating it and making it my own. I also love to see what others have done with their springfields.
  • jimmyw31
    212 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    One day, probably later this summer, I'm going to have my characters conform to a realistic task schedule.

"What's that?", no one asked?

Why, the kids will be going to school and the adults will work mon-fri. I'll have the adults on date night tasks or other social tasks or at the bars and have the kids in sleepovers or other kids-type shenanigans on sat. Then I'll have everybody go to church on Sundays (except Smithers, who will be sleeping it off in the drunk tank, or Barney in the gutter, those lushes).

Because why not.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited May 2014
    I love seeing what my neighbors do with new items and decorations...I've been blessed with some extremely creative neighbors who do some fantastic work. Thats one of the reasons I like neighbors from the forum...I enjoy letting people know that I do actually pay attention to other people's towns, and appreciate the work they put into them.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    Love the spirit behind this thread.

For me, I love town building and collecting things. TSTO scratches that itch in a very, very satisfactory way. But, this is also why the Easter event has been particularly frustrating because I have just enough of an OCD completionist in me to want it all, but not so much as to actually pull the trigger and sink a ton of money into it.
    Why, thank you, and thanks also for your post! The collection aspect is very near and dear to myself, and dare I say many of the players, and while I'm personally terrible at design, I've seen many beautiful towns. And I too, suffer from Tapped Out OCD. I love your troll hunter banner, by the way. :thumbup:
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    psycho1189 wrote:
    I just enjoy building and decorating my town. I find it very satisfying when I acquire a new building and decorating it and making it my own. I also love to see what others have done with their springfields.
    Well put! Concise, and very accurate. I myself am just ashamed that I'm very good at the design aspect. :oops: Thanks for playing along!
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    jimmyw31 wrote:
    One day, probably later this summer, I'm going to have my characters conform to a realistic task schedule.

"What's that?", no one asked?

Why, the kids will be going to school and the adults will work mon-fri. I'll have the adults on date night tasks or other social tasks or at the bars and have the kids in sleepovers or other kids-type shenanigans on sat. Then I'll have everybody go to church on Sundays (except Smithers, who will be sleeping it off in the drunk tank, or Barney in the gutter, those lushes).

Because why not.
    +9001! Anyone within earshot probably thinks I'm crazier than they already thought I was, because I LOL'D! Unfortunately, at the time, I was consuming a tasty adult beverage, and your post almost made me destroy my laptop by making me spray it from my nose. Thank you for contributing this epic post of awesome to this thread. :lol:
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I love seeing what my neighbors do with new items and decorations...I've been blessed with some extremely creative neighbors who do some fantastic work. Thats one of the reasons I like neighbors from the forum...I enjoy letting people know that I do actually pay attention to other people's towns, and appreciate the work they put into them.
    *In best Flanders voice* Hey-diddly-ho, neighboreeno! How ironic that you should not only turn up in this thread, but mention creative neighbors. Your town is one of the many I've stolen ideas...Er...gotten inspiration from (tee hee!). No, but seriously, your Springfield is awesome. Thanks for your post, and thanks for being a good neighbor. :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!