EA Forums - Banner

Quick question about the item limit.

Jehsiickuh
171 posts Member
I'm over 4950 items, game keeps squawking at me when I move stuff around as I'm literally right on the line.

I'm starting to notice performance problems in the buildings around the edge of screen don't load but if you scroll at them they will. Not really that bad all things considered. It still handles 90% of the screen, just the edges start to get a bit flashy.

It warns you about every 100 more items from 4500 on.

The message pops every time the item count hits static values, if you want it to go away, drop some more trees or something to push you over so when you move stuff around you stay above the static cap.

Replies

• Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Jehsiickuh wrote:
    Tried posting in an older thread but it keeps getting buried etc.

Again if this has been addressed and I've missed it I'm sorry

My question is to those with over 4560 items. I've heard of some people having like 7k in a town.

I recently got the "4500" message but know it's more of a suggestion so ignored it for the time being but shortly after got the "4560" message and now if I even so much as move an existing item this message pops up constantly for every action I make. Not just a one time notice.

I'm just curious if this is normal and if I should just ignore it every time?

I recently received a 5000 items warning, so I think your safe for now. i think i read somewhere, people not being able to access their own towns and neighbors not being able to gain access to towns with over 6000 or 7000 items. But I also think it might depend on your device.
  • Jehsiickuh
    171 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Sercease wrote:
    I'm over 4950 items, game keeps squawking at me when I move stuff around as I'm literally right on the line.

I'm starting to notice performance problems in the buildings around the edge of screen don't load but if you scroll at them they will. Not really that bad all things considered. It still handles 90% of the screen, just the edges start to get a bit flashy.

It warns you about every 100 more items from 4500 on.

The message pops every time the item count hits static values, if you want it to go away, drop some more trees or something to push you over so when you move stuff around you stay above the static cap.

Ok. I'll have to try and cut back. I just wasn't sure if that message popping constantly was normal for everyone or just something with me. Thanks !
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Im at about 5k and tho i only get that message over and over when i put stuff back in my inventory then move to a new spot and take the item back out do i see that message more than once.
  • Jehsiickuh
    171 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Igcognita wrote:
    Jehsiickuh wrote:
    Tried posting in an older thread but it keeps getting buried etc.

Again if this has been addressed and I've missed it I'm sorry

My question is to those with over 4560 items. I've heard of some people having like 7k in a town.

I recently got the "4500" message but know it's more of a suggestion so ignored it for the time being but shortly after got the "4560" message and now if I even so much as move an existing item this message pops up constantly for every action I make. Not just a one time notice.

I'm just curious if this is normal and if I should just ignore it every time?

I recently received a 5000 items warning, so I think your safe for now. i think i read somewhere, people not being able to access their own towns and neighbors not being able to gain access to towns with over 6000 or 7000 items. But I also think it might depend on your device.

Do you get that message with every move you make or just like occasionally?
  • Jehsiickuh
    171 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Im at about 5k and tho i only get that message over and over when i put stuff back in my inventory then move to a new spot and take the item back out do i see that message more than once.

Hmm ok thanks for the info.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.