EA Forums - Banner

Prizes won after spending 200 donuts (Updated again, I got all gold prizes except Kodos Topiary)

I still need exactly those same three things (unless I have two Kodos topiaries instead of Kangs), plus from the pink boxes, Chirpy Boy & Bart Jr.

Have lots of fence, though. Over 60 of the stone fence and 30 of the pastel picket fence. Too bad you don't get another 15 donuts for the *next* 50...

Replies

• lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    That's exactly the reason why I won't spend my donuts. I only have 56 and I considered spending 50 to get eggs...but since I refuse to buy donuts it's just not worth the gamble.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I in in the same exact boat as both of the first posters on this thread. I actually was just going to post a similar thread as the OP, because I need the exact same things from the Gold boxes, am a blue primary color, and need the same thing, Chirpy and Bart Jr, from my pink boxes.

So with only 2 days left in the event, I decided to break and buy some golden eggs. This is after I have already purchased the Crazy Cat Lady and MKII to generate more eggs throughout the entire event, visited all my friends everyday, and always kept my other egg generating characters on task. I still was short on too many items, especially the best ones, the playable characters from the gold box.

So I bought the 50 donut box of golden eggs, which actually gave me enough for 10 boxes. I only have the Banana Dictatorship and the Bunny #24whatever from the gold box. With those 10 golden boxes, here are my prizes in order:

1: 250 blue eggs
    2: Pastel fences
    3. Easter Gate
    4. 250 Pink Eggs
    5. Pastel Fence
    6. Kang Topiary
    7. Easter Gate
    8. 250 blue eggs
    9. 250 blue eggs
    10. Easter Gate

What a bunch of ****!! The Blue eggs are supposed to be what replaced the Banana Dictatorship. So out of my 10 consecutive spins, I got the banana dictatorship/250 blue eggs 3 times, and the Easter Gate 3 times. That's ridiculous, especially since none of these decorations has a multiplier. This is so much worse than Valentine's Day ever was. At least then EA knew they were putting out a bunch of crap prizes, so they gave a multiplier to off set how lame they were. Know it is just a blatant cash grab.

I may not technically be a completionist, because there are several premium items I do not have. However, I have purchased every single limited time item since the Halloween 2013 event ended, so I would consider myself to be a pretty decent customer. However, I completely agree with OP, this is no longer fun. That is the entire point of playing a game, to have fun, to escape from my daily stress and relax from work. However, this game no longer does that for me. I will spend the remaining donuts I had already purchased and earned, but I am not going to buy anymore donuts for this game. EA will not receive another dollar from me.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    llazzarr wrote:
    The only things I need from the gold box are Hugs Bunny, Shary Bobbins, and the Kodos Topiary.

Here are my prizes:

Kang Topiary x5
    Easter Gate x9
    Paster Picket Fence x12
    250 pink eggs x3
    250 blue eggs x5
    300 gold eggs x6

What a joke this Easter Event has been. Remember when these events used to be fun? Now they just make me want to choke somebody. I don't care if I don't get Hugs Bunny, but if I don't get Shary Bobbins I'm going to be pretty ******* mad.

After reading your post again, I feel even worse for you. At least I only spent 50 donuts. I can't believe what you got for 200 donuts. That's horrible. s

But I do appreciate you posting this information. It is good to know when considering whether to purchase more gold eggs or not. I still have more donuts I could spend, but I don't think I want that punishment.
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited May 2014
    Prizes are supposedly guaranteed after 80 boxes, which really means that you may need 81 (if they are truly guaranteed...) so it really is 40000, 40500 eggs that you need. If it is your uncommon eggs it means that you may need to buy a lot of eggs. It is a gamble, by now we all know it. That's why I won't buy eggs since I am not prepare to spend that much for a couple of prizes that I would really want.
  • llazzarr
    173 posts
    edited May 2014
    @whoamercy: I still need Chirpy Boy/Bart Jr. after opening tons of pink boxes too...

@lukeout007: Yeah you're better off saving those donuts for a character.

@bradyc79: I'd say I've been a pretty good customer since the Whacking Day Event. I'm far from being a completionist, but I like to have the characters (even some of them without tasks). I still have around 1,500~ donuts, with the way this game is headed I probably won't be buying any more after these run out.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    whoamercy wrote:
    I still need exactly those same three things (unless I have two Kodos topiaries instead of Kangs), plus from the pink boxes, Chirpy Boy & Bart Jr.

Have lots of fence, though. Over 60 of the stone fence and 30 of the pastel picket fence. Too bad you don't get another 15 donuts for the *next* 50...

They should give us 15 donuts for every 50 fences, or every 15 ponds.
  • codyrph88
    7 posts
    edited May 2014
    I feel the same way...

Level 40, played since September 2012. Spent over 200-300$ (At least) this game buying premium items. Never spent significant donuts on speeding up jobs or things like that just reserved them for premium characters and items. This new "random chance" is upsetting me to the point where if I don't get all the prizes after having all the characters earning eggs, my farm earning eggs with witch merge speeding it up, with the 300 extra egg generator, with 3 big batches of eggs (1 on the rare kind before golden came out and 2 on the gold since they came out), I will quit this game and not spend another penny. What's more, I have my aunt playing, my mom, my son, daughter and wife and we all spend 20-30$ a month on this game getting the new premium items. EA needs to take away this random chance bull and reinstate the "you spend the time you earn it" motto. Before the Christmas wheel last year I was able to earn all the prizes with my time. Now I can spend as much or more time, more money and get severely upset and disappointed that I get hosed out of the things I want. This needs to go viral, if you support me repost so we can get what we spend so much time and money earning.
  • llazzarr
    173 posts
    edited May 2014
    Prizes are supposedly guaranteed after 80 boxes, which really means that you may need 81 (if they are truly guaranteed...) so it really is 40000, 40500 eggs that you need. If it is your uncommon eggs it means that you may need to buy a lot of eggs. It is a gamble, by now we all know it. That's why I won't buy eggs since I am not prepare to spend that much for a couple of prizes that I would really want.

You have more self control than I do...
  • 88KEYS62
    200 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    This is exactly why I refuse to spend donuts on gold eggs to get Shari and Hugs which are the last two items I need from this event

I spent the last two days gathering enough blue (common) to convert to pink so I could get gold. Basically I labored to get 3000 blue to get 1500 pink to get 500 gold only to wind up with 250 blue.

Seriously?!? What's the fracking point?!?
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited May 2014
    88KEYS62 wrote:
    This is exactly why I refuse to spend donuts on gold eggs to get Shari and Hugs which are the last two items I need from this event

I spent the last two days gathering enough blue (common) to convert to pink so I could get gold. Basically I labored to get 3000 blue to get 1500 pink to get 500 gold only to wind up with 250 blue.

That's truly awful. I've been getting similar results, so I can totally relate.
  • llazzarr
    173 posts
    edited May 2014
    Updated my original post. Used another 100 donuts.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I think its rather funny....I have 5 kang topiaries but only 1 kodos :-)

Any suggestions on how to decorate with the kangs? :D
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Damn, thats harsh, man! :(

This is exactly why i refuse to spend donuts on this horrible event. You can spend 500 donuts and end up with just some ponds & eggs! Yugh! :thumbdown:
  • jjnag1971
    211 posts Member
    edited May 2014

I cry foul on the guarantees, I have opened 92 gold boxes and haven't received Father Sean nor Shari Bobbins. I'm so disenchanted with this crap I am putting it down and doubtfully going to play anymore. It used to be fun and you were rewarded for your loyalty and diligence to the game. Now EA just wants money.
    Well EA, you have lost another of the faithful players.

2vsqhpl.gif
  • theczechguy1
    3 posts
    edited May 2014
    I have

9 x Kodos
    6 x Easter Egg Piles
    12 x Gates
    93 x Fences
    3 x ponds
    19 x Trees
    48 x Pastel Fences

0 x Kang

Still need Sharri and I don't think I'm going to get it before the deadline. Spent about 600-700 donuts.
  • llazzarr
    173 posts
    edited May 2014
    I think its rather funny....I have 5 kang topiaries but only 1 kodos :-)

Any suggestions on how to decorate with the kangs? :D

I think I have like 9~ Kangs and 0 Kodos now. I have a mini golf place set up. I incorporated the Crashed UFO from Halloween as one of the mini golf courses, so I lined up a bunch of Kangs there.
  • lawpatrick
    195 posts Member
    edited May 2014

I know this is what it is in theory and I am not disputing this.

however, It is almost impossible to clear 80 boxes in your uncommon colour. I have been tracking mine, I have cleared all common boxes by my 26th box and so I have been focusing on my uncommon colour, which is twice as difficult. I had problems not getting any more baskets and even with Witch Marge (from earlier) and the purchase of MK-II and having a full friends list and visiting every 24 hours, I do not get to clear 80 boxes in my uncommon colour, I am on my 45th now.. all boxes were clear by the 38th box

so what I am saying is that this guarantee is factually correct, BUT and it is a big but that no one can get to the 80th box in the uncommon colour without spending precious donghuts IMHO
  • NMayo
    898 posts
    edited May 2014
    88KEYS62 wrote:

yup ive done this a few times over the past 2 weeks.. every..single..time i end up with nothing, but almost half the amount to roll a common egg box again.. TROLOLOL EA thanks.
  • llazzarr
    173 posts
    edited May 2014
    Another update on my prizes, for anyone interested. I'm pretty sure the guarantee for the 80 boxes is true.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.