EA Forums - Banner

Easter boxes are pre-determined, odds don't matter.

L_B_123XD
1709 posts Member
I don't understand what you did, two different devices on the same account, and force close when the wheel stops? That's not gonna work, they aren't that stupid.

Replies

• anonSimpson
    363 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    They are not pre-determined per se.

It's just a result of how random numbers are only pseudo-random, especially if the use something such as your ID as a seed value.
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited May 2014
    Spanser said after u've opened a box the next item in that box is random but it will always be that thing even if u try over, cause it's stored in the game file. SO u have to open that box to get a random next one.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    It's an anti-cheating thing, doing what you're doing won't change the outcome, you would have to actually go back in time for realsies.

They've had that system in place since last year, to stop people that worked out they could use the Homer Buddha to get just donuts everytime.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    It's an anti-cheating thing, doing what you're doing won't change the outcome, you would have to actually go back in time for realsies.

They've had that system in place since last year, to stop people that worked out they could use the Homer Buddha to get just donuts everytime.

Ah that makes sense, mind you how does it know I reset, as it doesn't save after all. Seems odd really
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

Ah that makes sense, mind you how does it know I reset, as it doesn't save after all. Seems odd really

Someone posted in another thread that what the game does is that when you open a box, the game is actually randomly generating your NEXT prize, not the one you are currently opening. So while your prize appears to be being selected while the spin is occurring, the prize you will win has actually been in your game files for a while. This makes sense, as a way to avoid people doing exactly what you were trying to do - I am not criticizing, since I must admit that I have tried exactly the same thing myself with Mystery Boxes with the same result!
    New neighbors always welcome!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!