EA Forums - Banner

100 boxes opened!

vetteeater wrote:
Just made it to 100 boxes opened! 15 gold. That's it for me. That's a lot of tapping lol Missed 3 gold prizes, oh well. I'm relieved it's over 8)

Don't say it's over 'til it's over! Ha.

I opened at least 101 boxes (38 pink, 46 blue, and 17 gold), and I'm missing Egg Council Guy, Shari Bobbins, Hugs Bunny, and the Kodos topiary (yet I got THREE Kang topiaries)... so I'd have to say I didn't have the best luck. 100 boxes is a LOT.

I have deeply contemplated buying gold eggs, as I'd be guaranteed Hugs Bunny and Shari within about 300 donuts, but I am just so sick with EA that I don't want to. I don't care about those characters THAT much. I'd probably rather buy something that's always available that's way cooler.

I want the Easter event as we've known it to be over, but I really hope that there is some way for everyone to obtain all the characters/buildings they missed. I think a prize/egg trade would be good. I don't want all 9 of my ponds, etc., so I'd much rather trade those for the better prizes I couldn't get. Otherwise, I'm hoping they put up the prizes for sale with donuts, WITHOUT inflating the price. If the prices were to be really high for Shari and other good prizes, I still wouldn't buy them.

Replies

• atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited May 2014
    how can you tell how many boxes your opened? do you keep count? or can you see it somewhere?

i'm curious as to see how "stupid" i got at the end to get the final couple of prizes... :oops:
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    jennlevi wrote:
    vetteeater wrote:
    Just made it to 100 boxes opened! 15 gold. That's it for me. That's a lot of tapping lol Missed 3 gold prizes, oh well. I'm relieved it's over 8)

I opened at least 101 boxes (38 pink, 46 blue, and 17 gold), and I'm missing Egg Council Guy, Shari Bobbins, Hugs Bunny, and the Kodos topiary (yet I got THREE Kang topiaries)... so I'd have to say I didn't have the best luck. 100 boxes is a LOT.

I have deeply contemplated buying gold eggs, as I'd be guaranteed Hugs Bunny and Shari within about 300 donuts, but I am just so sick with EA that I don't want to. I don't care about those characters THAT much. I'd probably rather buy something that's always available that's way cooler.

I want the Easter event as we've known it to be over, but I really hope that there is some way for everyone to obtain all the characters/buildings they missed. I think a prize/egg trade would be good. I don't want all 9 of my ponds, etc., so I'd much rather trade those for the better prizes I couldn't get. Otherwise, I'm hoping they put up the prizes for sale with donuts, WITHOUT inflating the price. If the prices were to be really high for Shari and other good prizes, I still wouldn't buy them.

Yep, if you're around the 20 gold boxes-opened-point, it could take 300+a bit donuts spent on gold eggs to guarantee Shary and Hugs (only up to 150 donuts for Father Sean, though, since he's guaranteed on the 50th gold box). But, if you're lucky, it could be less. I guess it depends on how much you want them.
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    atiq_ruhel wrote:
    how can you tell how many boxes your opened? do you keep count? or can you see it somewhere?

i'm curious as to see how "stupid" i got at the end to get the final couple of prizes... :oops:
    I've been keeping track in another thread. Every time I opened boxes I would edit my post
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited May 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    atiq_ruhel wrote:

I've been keeping track in another thread. Every time I opened boxes I would edit my post

I wish I had thought of that, especially because I bought 4 truckloads and a few crates of the eggs. It would be useful to know how close I am. I feel like I've opened a lot, but in reality it's probably nowhere near 80 (the # I need to get Shary/Hugs). Have you been playing consistently throughout the event to arrive at those numbers? Or did you play infrequently? Did you buy any of the eggs? I'm trying to gauge what we be considered a good amount of total boxes.
  • jennlevi
    70 posts
    edited May 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    jennlevi wrote:
    vetteeater wrote:

Yep, if you're around the 20 gold boxes-opened-point, it could take 300+a bit donuts spent on gold eggs to guarantee Shary and Hugs (only up to 150 donuts for Father Sean, though, since he's guaranteed on the 50th gold box). But, if you're lucky, it could be less. I guess it depends on how much you want them.

I was lucky enough to get father Sean in one of my first gold boxes, and it is so hard for me to know what I want to do. Could I get lucky and get Shari without spending 300 donuts? Maybe. But I just don't think it's worth the gamble. I've spent no donuts on eggs. Besides, I think half the reason I want her so bad is because she is so hard to get! Hehe.. People always want most what they can't have. :wink: Sounds creepy.. I'm a married woman! :lol:
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    atiq_ruhel wrote:

I wish I had thought of that, especially because I bought 4 truckloads and a few crates of the eggs. It would be useful to know how close I am. I feel like I've opened a lot, but in reality it's probably nowhere near 80 (the # I need to get Shary/Hugs). Have you been playing consistently throughout the event to arrive at those numbers? Or did you play infrequently? Did you buy any of the eggs? I'm trying to gauge what we be considered a good amount of total boxes.
    I play A Lot (every 4 hrs at least) but I didn't spend any donuts. I had a lot of baskets but I did give away a lot when I was trying to clear my uncommon color.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!