EA Forums - Banner

Can't play game since todays update

Drazkul
49 posts Member
My game has crashed...a lot since updating to KitKat on android but after today's update it has incredible lag and is unplayable

Replies

• AlanHart
    8 posts
    edited May 2014
    I just upgraded on both HTC One X and iPhone 5 and both games load to the main screen but then crash out leaving me at my home screen.
    Tried reboots, and reinstalling but no luck.
    Both were working fine before the update.
  • skapanovski
    1 posts
    edited May 2014
    I am having the same problem on my iPad. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no luck
  • lindawalke94
    20 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Game unplayable since update. Very laggy, crashes out all the time. Play Android on Nexus. Tried uninstalling etc but makes no difference.
  • yattering4409
    37 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Just updated too. Games suddenly very laggy on both of my devices. Tab 2 and s3. Both were fine before.
  • ra057777
    1 posts
    edited May 2014
    Game is so laggy. Playing on HTC One.
  • jmp0001498
    12 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    So updated my nexus today and hoped maybe the constant crashing may have been fixed, and then it crashed on first load. Now experiencing the same issue reported here, the game not only now crashes but lags so cannot play at all.
  • NMayo
    898 posts
    edited May 2014
    Same on my Galaxy Note 3, still got all the crashes before, but now its lagging like crazyyyyyyyy, cant even farm more then 4-5 things at a time before it bogs right down.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Can't get in the game at all now.

It worked okay before the end of easter update this morning.
    After the update it was shuddering, jittering, severe lagging, and basically unplayable.on both iPad AND Nexus 7 2013.
    Uninstalled and reinstalled on the Nexus, and now can't get past the Tap To Continue, without going directly to the Sorry but Tapped has stopped working" (DUH.)
    Restarting device does no good.

Not gonna uninstall on the iPad. Can't PLAY with my town on it, but at least I can LOOK at the town.

Up side: Miss Springfield is on her 24 hour "Work It" task. And with the screen jiggling ... Well ... Wowsers.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • aldead423
    2 posts
    edited May 2014
    Since installing today's update on my iPhone 5, game play is very difficult. Tons of lag.

Please fix
  • gimcrackle696
    12 posts
    edited May 2014
    Playing on a kindle fire HD and same issues as others. Was fine, did the post Easter update and now the lag when I am in my own town makes the game virtually unplayable. Tried all the same things but nothing helped. Interestingly when I visit a friend it seems fine in their town. Hope they fix this soon.

Update: now have same lag issues in other towns......but krustyland seems to run ok.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Playing on a kindle fire HD and same issues as others. Was fine, did the post Easter update and now the lag when I am in my own town makes the game virtually unplayable. Tried all the same things but nothing helped. Interestingly when I visit a friend it seems fine in their town. Hope they fix this soon.

I noticed the same phenomenon as you -- in visiting OTHER towns FROM my laggy one, those towns are running beautifully. I noticed the moment I went to "Other Springfield" to start my rounds! I scrolled around, zipping from one corner of that town to the other.

I was looking to see if "Other Springfield" won the Blocko Store. (J/k)

But in my own town, the best way I can describe it is that its like that vintage footage at the start of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Its like watching an old newsreel. Stop motion.

, I can barely even clear a single thumbsup.

Aarrrrgggghhhh. :(
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Big82S
    569 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes with the freezing and the glitching of laggy and the issues oh glaven when will these issues be fixed.

Also what was with the fast non existent end if easter event.

Guess EA doesn't pay for their bugs or the loss if our money but we do.

FYI I'm sure people didn't get money or doughnuts back for the easter baskets the bought
    Which were glitched out for so long.

Glad I bought none.

But yeah laggy on the 5th gen iPod touch as well.
  • Pokelon1970
    311 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Same issue on my Galaxy S4. So it seems to be kind of a global issue......new update needed, because something is definitely not right in the last one!
  • Monka7a
    3 posts
    edited May 2014
    Game is so laggy. Playing on galaxy s4 and iPad 3 :x :x :x
  • Drazkul
    49 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Tried a full reinstall today and I am still unable to get into the game from the login screen
  • Drazkul
    49 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Just tried again after downloading the update that was out today (15/5/14) and still unable to get passed the login screen
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited May 2014

My game is also crashing at the splashscreen since the update. Can not get into my town.

iPhone 5s - ios 7.06
  • sheilastone
    17 posts
    edited May 2014
    I just contacted them. They are aware of both the friendship points not working and the game lagging/crashing. They said that they are currently working on getting that fixed but do not have an estimation on how long before it is fixed. All systems.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.