EA Forums - Banner

5/13 Update: Easter Removal Issues - 5/15 Episode Tie In

Replies

• notZyran
    2 posts
    edited May 2014
    Since the May 13th post Easter update I have been unable to access my town on any device (my Android 4.4 Galaxy Nexus, ipad Air (current os) or my brothers ipad with retina display which never previously had Tapped Out installed. I have tried reinstalling on both frequently used devices nothing worked. The game simply loads up and as soon as you tap past the splash screen showing your account logged in the game crashes on ALL devices. So it is obviously something with the game, not my devices. I haven't been able to access my town since the update and it is ridiculous these updates aren't more thoroughly tested.. and to think I had just spent money on this game for the first time a day before this happened. Guess what purchase I will be disputing with Apple EA!
  • DJACK69
    1 posts
    edited May 2014
    Android 4.1 - I can't access my origin account, I've enter with the email and password then it came loading forever, even my boyfriend account get stucked in the loading screen .... My account works fine on my boyfriend phone with the same config, I can't understand why I can't play :( help meeeeeeeeee

Origin ID: GiseleFarhete
  • jukebox752
    19 posts
    edited May 2014
    Yes, this lag is also affecting my Galaxy Note 3 game
  • BronxJeter
    6 posts
    edited May 2014
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with Android 4.1.2.

Issues: lag when moving around my Springfield; my Krustyland will not load - freezes at the splash screen then crashes.
  • j7Rowwy
    13 posts
    edited May 2014
    I'm using an iPhone 4, and it lags from time to time when there's a lot going on screen, but my game hasn't crashed.
  • Lonegnr
    2 posts
    edited May 2014
    Only just updated today (5/15) and the horrible performance is immediately noticeable. Scrolling through my own town causes a lot of stutter, which didn't exist before. In addition, where only 1 of more crazy friend towns caused stutter before this update, they ALL do now.
  • bythos10
    11 posts
    edited May 2014
    iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.1
    since the update game crashes at the initial loading screen. sometimes shows "updating files" but then crashes.
  • Annie_19831983
    79 posts
    edited May 2014
    Have EA actually acknowledged these issues that hundreds of people seem to be having?

I contacted them on Tuesday about my game just crashing when it reaches the splash screen but apart from one standard troubleshooting message back, I haven't heard a peep.
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Got another update this morning but my game is still broken :(
  • NMayo
    898 posts
    edited May 2014
    Still broken here as well for my Note 3. Lags like crazy and all that.
  • AlanHart
    8 posts
    edited May 2014
    Just had a lovely chat with Vaibhav at EA support...
    (got a discount code too, shame it's not free donuts though)

Vaibhav: The issue which you are referring to is a known issue on which our team is working for the same. We will try our level best to get this fixed as early as we can

you: Can you ask the team to post on the forum to let everyone know that this is being worked on (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10085804.page)
    Also ask them to keep us upated on the forum

Vaibhav: Yes, surely I will ask them to update it and sorry for all the this inconvenience which you have and other customers have faced. Right now committing the time fame will not be possible for us but I can ensure it will be done within this week cause the next week there is something new is going to be introduced so they will try there best to get this done before that time frame

you: They should be doing this especially now they know there is a problem

you: Ok thank you

Vaibhav: Pleasures all mine. I hope that I was able to deliver the excellent support experience. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

you: Thanks for your help Vaibhav

you: have a great day :)

Vaibhav: As you are our loyal customer you will be receiving one 15% discount code for Origin through email also I'm sending you a link for Plants vs. Zombies™ Game of the Year Edition free :)
    Vaibhav: If you were happy with my services then please press blue end chat button to go through chat saving process. :))

Hopefully we will see an official post from EA soon.
  • Annie_19831983
    79 posts
    edited May 2014
    AlanHart wrote:
    Just had a lovely chat with Vaibhav at EA support...
    (got a discount code too, shame it's not free donuts though)

Vaibhav: The issue which you are referring to is a known issue on which our team is working for the same. We will try our level best to get this fixed as early as we can

you: Can you ask the team to post on the forum to let everyone know that this is being worked on (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10085804.page)
    Also ask them to keep us upated on the forum

Vaibhav: Yes, surely I will ask them to update it and sorry for all the this inconvenience which you have and other customers have faced. Right now committing the time fame will not be possible for us but I can ensure it will be done within this week cause the next week there is something new is going to be introduced so they will try there best to get this done before that time frame

you: They should be doing this especially now they know there is a problem

you: Ok thank you

Vaibhav: Pleasures all mine. I hope that I was able to deliver the excellent support experience. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

you: Thanks for your help Vaibhav

you: have a great day :)

Vaibhav: As you are our loyal customer you will be receiving one 15% discount code for Origin through email also I'm sending you a link for Plants vs. Zombies™ Game of the Year Edition free :)
    Vaibhav: If you were happy with my services then please press blue end chat button to go through chat saving process. :))

Hopefully we will see an official post from EA soon.

Interesting! But I wonder whether all of us who are still locked out of the game wil be able to get this new Millhouse skin... Is that opportunity finishing on Sunday does anyone know?
  • jensweezey269
    43 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Lag crash lag crash lag crash :( can plz fix EA
  • Virokhx
    2 posts
    edited May 2014
    Got massive amounts of lag as well. Speaking for three people on different devices, newest Android Version.
  • Eythica
    4 posts
    edited May 2014
    While my Springfield is pretty much unplayable, my Krustyland works with little to no issue. Android Device
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited May 2014
    my game forced me to downgrade ("update") last night while i havent had horrable crashes i got horrable lag in some friends towns, very unprofessinal of EA to force an unfixed update.
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    So I got into the game- only to find out Krustyland had skipped 4 quests and I was -100 donuts :( Going to try and live chat with EA.
  • edeguia
    17 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    New episode tie-in content!!! Must update!!! *takes chance on the reported lag*

The game has been plagued by unbearable lag and a huge performance downgrade. Very frustrating to play. Visiting neighbors exhibits the same performance downgrade. Panning across towns will either be non-responsive or overly responsive (jumps).

I'm (un)happily tapping on a Galaxy Nexus, running Android 4.4.

Played fine (performance-wise) during that terribly structured Easter event.
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Just live chatted with EA, recommended a re-install and credited the missing donuts.

Since right now I have a game which works (!) I won't re-install.

Was on Krustyland 27 now on 31 I won't complain about that!

So pleased I can tap again.
  • sallyhorwill
    8 posts
    edited May 2014
    Samsung galaxy S3 Android version 4.3 I can log onto Origin but not into my town. Crashes every time. I've tried quitting completely, uninstalling other apps to create storage space, clearing my RAM and finally reinstalling Tapped Out. It still doesn't love it.
    Just wanted to add that I can get in anonymously but when I logged back into my Origin account it said that my town had been accessed elsewhere and that I would lose changes. I don't play TO on any other device so Wha-?! and also after that message it still crashes when I tell it to continue. Please fix it it's been agesssss now. I'll be pissed if it doesn't get resolved lvl 40 and been playing for nearly a year and a half.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.