EA Forums - Banner

Judder since the update

Prev13
You are not alone. I've got it on multiple devices, including the iPad.

Replies

• annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes! I thought it was time to up the dose on my morning meds. So glad I'm not the only one.

BTW, same result on
    Nexus7
    IPad
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited May 2014
    ...what is a judder? :oops:
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited May 2014

I had no idea ... I assumed it was a combination of "jitter" and "shudder" ... But I totally made that up.

EDIT: found it online! "A rapid or spasmodic shaking". (I liked mine better.)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • nicolknappen
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    soapy_84 wrote:
    Anyone else noticed the screen judder since the update.
    Im playing on an iPad mini retina 32gb with loads of space, so I'm confident its not the fact I'm using an antiquated tablet.

Yes. But it seems to be worse the further out you zoom. If you zoom in for a close up view, it doesn't seem to shudder as much.
  • VinaBaker
    215 posts
    edited May 2014
    Yep. Judder here too
  • C_Bizarre
    17 posts
    edited May 2014
    I have updated and can't even get into my game on both an android tablet and android phone to see the judder. =(
  • mofomonkey1
    103 posts
    edited May 2014
    Definite lag and "judder" on my town....very frustrating
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    It was bad for me for around 30 seconds after installing the update, then great for the next few play sessions. Now, every 30 seconds, it starts to stutter... Judder :)... Badly, gets hard to scroll, and real annoying.

Playing on an Acer Iconia with 1gb ram, over 1/2 my 32Gb storage free, quad core, Android 4.2.2 ... Not stressing for resources to run the game. :)
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited May 2014
    Yeah...my game auto updated ( I was secretly relieved) but there is all kinds of lag now. It seemed to get better after I cleared all the handshakes and collected all the buildings and everything, but it is still pretty bad. I hope they send out a hot fix for this sometime in the near future. I do know that my fingers will be getting a break for the next few days....i'm keeping my playing to a minimal for a couple days. After the Easter event, i'm pretty "tapped out". Hah! 8)
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited May 2014
    Mine has more of a lag. Is that the same as a "judder"? The screen is lagging badly, every time I try to move around my town.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited May 2014
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    S5 on KitKat - got it too.
    Seems to start/happen more when there's a lot going on on-screen, like cash from tapped houses. Particularly bad when trying to get to the centre of my town - 4hr tasks with Jake's Hairdressers, Java Server & Skip's Diner all next to each other had it having fits. Had to inch towards it, clear one shop & retask character(s), then do the next to stop the game from crashing.

Dunno how a simple "kill Event" update could stuff up so badly, instead of just reverting everything...
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes since the update arrived it's painfully slow to move across the screen.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited May 2014
    glad it hasent made me update yet.
  • fuzznugget77
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes same here, i have a brand new ipad air 32gb and it's jumping all over the place. Nearly unplayable
  • fuzznugget77
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    To add to that it is so bad on my iphone 4 its conpletely unplayable
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I play on a iPhone5, iPad2 and iPhone4, normally i have no issues but after this update my iPhone5 is "juddering" across the screen now :( Never had this before after an update was removed

I have the same thing with my iPhone4, it has always been bad but now it is even worse!! Tried visiting friends and OMG what a fricking nightmare that was i gave up in the end!
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    After the update I had a very laggy game. For all of 5 minutes after which it crashed and 12+ hours later still can't play....
    Support ticket filed.

Kindle Fire HD latest model FYI.
  • pjblaze
    95 posts
    edited May 2014
    You just need to go into the premium items menu. You can remove the "judder" for 600 donuts
  • fuzznugget77
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I play on a iPhone5, iPad2 and iPhone4, normally i have no issues but after this update my iPhone5 is "juddering" across the screen now :( Never had this before after an update was removed

I have the same thing with my iPhone4, it has always been bad but now it is even worse!! Tried visiting friends and OMG what a fricking nightmare that was i gave up in the end!

yeah my 4 was laggy before but it was just a bit annoying, worst thing is i'm only using the 4 because my 5 is being repaired :lol: now it's just unusable. hope they fix it soon.

maybe everyone should log a complaint
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.