EA Forums - Banner

Microsoft is getting desperate.

Prev1

Replies

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    ...so it's desperate to try to generate more sales in one of the slowest times of the year for sales? This is more good business than desperation. A lot of graduates in the next few weeks, going to need a gaming system for college, and lots of extra money in gifts and stuff- it's not a coincidence that they have a sale for the system during this time.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    ...so it's desperate to try to generate more sales in one of the slowest times of the year for sales? This is more good business than desperation. A lot of graduates in the next few weeks, going to need a gaming system for college, and lots of extra money in gifts and stuff- it's not a coincidence that they have a sale for the system during this time.

when i went to college i brought my gaming system with me. I did not buy a new one.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    efin98 wrote:

when i went to college i brought my gaming system with me. I did not buy a new one.

What about the graduation gifts?
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    efin98 wrote:

There are plenty who don't.
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    efin98 wrote:

Well when you take in the fact (last time I saw the numbers) that Sony has sold 6.7 million systems and Microsoft sold 3.1 million, and now they've dropped the kinects from the system so that they can sell at same price as the playstation, you tell me.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited May 2014
    ecneralc wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    efin98 wrote:

Well when you take in the fact (last time I saw the numbers) that Sony has sold 6.7 million systems and Microsoft sold 3.1 million, and now they've dropped the kinects from the system so that they can sell at same price as the playstation, you tell me.
    xbox are doing it so recover losses not to compete lol. M$ need to admit they screw up with this. And as soon as M$ try to recover sony will be able to afford to undercut them again. :lol:

I was gona go for xbox orignal untill they started dictating but now everyone has flocked they're saying "ok ok you can all this" lol if they did it from the start it could of been different for them.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Just got for Nintendo and be done with it
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited May 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    Just got for Nintendo and be done with it
    naa I don't need all the power with that machine :lol:
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Yep, i totally agree!
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    ecneralc wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    efin98 wrote:

xbox are doing it so recover losses not to compete lol. M$ need to admit they screw up with this. And as soon as M$ try to recover sony will be able to afford to undercut them again. :lol:

I was gona go for xbox orignal untill they started dictating but now everyone has flocked they're saying "ok ok you can all this" lol if they did it from the start it could of been different for them.

This.

When the new Xbox was announced, Microsoft announced a number of ridiculous limitations, and gamers were upset. But Sony came out and, after hearing all of this, made an announcement that there would be no limitations on the new PlayStation. At least, none of the ones that the Xbox would have. So presales on the new PS4 soared. When Microsoft saw this, they quickly recanted. But by then, it left a bad taste in people's mouths.

If enough new games come out that are Xbox exclusive, things might change. But so far, many of the new games are available for all systems.Why spend the money on a gaming system if you can play the same thing on something you already own? Even if the graphics, etc., are killer?

I'm thinking that, by Christmas, when some of the new games come out, there might be a shift. But for now... that's a lot of money to spend if you don't have to.

I'm going to buy a new system for my son for Christmas. I just haven't decided which one. I'm still weighing my options. We just ordered him a new gaming computer, so he's good for now.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Nintendo is still the best
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited May 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    I only like the pokemon and ZELDA franchise tho :lol: And Mario Kart :lol:
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Zelda and Mario Kart are all you need

some super mario games are pretty awesome too
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited May 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

the last Mario game i played was that water sunshine one lol
    ZELDA is awesome. But I think they should rebrand it as Link :lol:
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Well they cant do that now and most Zelda games now you can name the hero whatever you want. I still always choose LINK anyways.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited May 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Well they cant do that now and most Zelda games now you can name the hero whatever you want. I still always choose LINK anyways.
    wahh! Changes he's name! It should always be Link :D
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Haha I saw a comic the other day I'll see if I can find it. But link is patting a character from another game saying "I feel your pain, they call me zelda."

Couldn't find it but did find this.

0jw0m91.jpg
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited May 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Mario Kart 8 is out in 2 weeks, Super Smash Brothers is on the way. Nintendo systems have pretty solid games.
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Mario Kart 8 is out in 2 weeks, Super Smash Brothers is on the way. Nintendo systems have pretty solid games.

I kinda want to get a wii u but I don't really use my wii that much anymore. Nintendo has always had great games that are focused more on the fun/replay value of the game, over amazing graphics (which aren't needed just nice every once and awhile), or an extremely complex story. Problem with the complex stories once you've played it once it gets boring, simple stories are great for the fact of "oh no the princess has been kidnapped save her" there's no real purpose to story or hiding agenda besides saving her that the first time you play and the 200th time you play you get the same experience just try to beat it faster or not using certain items or maybe only using one.
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited May 2014
    if they diddent charge 500 freaking bucks i would try to buy one for 199 but 499 is just way out of my poor buget :(.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!