EA Forums - Banner

After Easter Forced Update now game is unplayable

Prev1
I agree! Going to friends towns is very slow. One friend I couldn't get to cause game keeps crashing.

Replies

• BombadilloT
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Unplayable is right. My game crashes on startup every time.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    A professional company would have pulled this update as soon as they heard the reports of problems. EA goes ahead and forces this down the players throats. Really???

• anonSimpson
    363 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    How long ago was you forced into updating? I'm still able to log in to both my towns without updating.
  • helenbrown11
    30 posts
    edited May 2014
    Yep, same here cant even get past the log in page on any of my devices. The good news is, is that it gave extra time in the morning to do other stuff as I am usually tapping first thing when I get up. My partner is very happy for the crash. She actually gets a conversation out of me now.... I am sensing a conspiracy by all partners/spouses etc of the world..... :evil:
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited May 2014
    Had the app freeze up or close itself 9 times during today's friend run.

2 of me friend's towns I cannot get into for love nor money - freezes up every time I try to enter.

I wonder if they have changed something (max number of objects) or something from the easter event is now causing problems now the event has been taken off.

Either way it's pretty poor and makes ya wonder how much testing is done before things are released.

C'mon EA, get your act together
  • woodson222
    9 posts
    edited May 2014
    I agree. Unplayable now and I am on a brand new iPad mini retina. And there is not a lot of places to go but down from that device. So it's now my device. It used to run pretty smooth.
  • yiyah10
    41 posts
    edited May 2014
    I have not been forced to update and game is working fine for me :)
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    How long ago was you forced into updating? I'm still able to log in to both my towns without updating.

I got the forced update about ten minutes before my first post. I had just visited some neighbor's to collect eggs so I could spin a couple of boxes. Logged out and back in maybe 10 min later when it updated.

Hope you don't get the update virus anytime soon.
  • rasmusreckew
    68 posts
    edited May 2014
    One more on the lag, freeze and crash list. Every time is try to visits my friends.
  • lehouls9675
    39 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    No forced update for me. Still collecting eggs in the hopes (small as they may be...) of getting a premium.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    No forced update for me. Still collecting eggs in the hopes (small as they may be...) of getting a premium.

Good Luck! :D

My plan as well until it updated.
  • Gizmobanger
    42 posts
    edited May 2014
    can't even sign in. it quits every time on the splash screen.
  • bosmanad
    45 posts
    edited May 2014
    They'll fix it. Just gotta do 24hr tasks and not play as much until it happens.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    woodson222 wrote:
    I agree. Unplayable now and I am on a brand new iPad mini retina. And there is not a lot of places to go but down from that device. So it's now my device. It used to run pretty smooth.

I asked our (adult) offspring to buy one of those for their Dad for Father's Day. I (oops. I mean HE) would get a lot of use out of it. :)

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • BlakeC02309
    96 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Yeah this is a JOKE!! I was excited to finally be done with the "Easter" Update but now I'm just pissed!! I play on Kindle Fire HD whatever the heck it is, and my town is SOOOO Lagged its unplayable!! Does EA know about this junk, or is there a way to notify them? Otherwise I guess I've wasted a lot of time for a game that I'm no longer going to play!
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Yeah this is a JOKE!! I was excited to finally be done with the "Easter" Update but now I'm just pissed!! I play on Kindle Fire HD whatever the heck it is, and my town is SOOOO Lagged its unplayable!! Does EA know about this junk, or is there a way to notify them? Otherwise I guess I've wasted a lot of time for a game that I'm no longer going to play!

They know about it but whether or not they'll fix it is another question. Their help forum is being flood with reports.

Here is one of many fast growing threads there: [url] http://answers.ea.com//t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/New-Update-With-Animation-Lag-EA-said-post-here/m-p/2790328#M74842[/url]

I
  • Jedihntr
    827 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    bosmanad wrote:
    They'll fix it. Just gotta do 24hr tasks and not play as much until it happens.

That's exactly what I plan to do tonight. I could use a break from playing 17 times a day anyway.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    The update is forced now? :evil: Crap. I haven't played in like 8 hours.

EDIT: Just logged in. It didn't force me to update. I can still tap bunnies.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2014
    I've still got my daughters game playing the update and it hasn't forced me to update, still tapping those wan bits although it getting difficult with not so many people no updated.

One thing to the OP you don't have automatic update set on your device do you?
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I've still got my daughters game playing the update and it hasn't forced me to update, still tapping those wan bits although it getting difficult with not so many people no updated.

One thing to the OP you don't have automatic update set on your device do you?

Maybe??.....Shot myself in the foot??

I didn't think so since I had to uninstall/reinstall to get the Easter event to start. Any idea on where to check the setting on a Kindle?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!