EA Forums - Banner

So they fixed the Friends Point thing, but not the game crashing when visiting friends...

Prev1
DIrishB
613 posts Member
I feel I'm stating the obvious here but sometimes deleting and reinstalling has fixed weird glitches like this.

Beats waiting on EA support to get back to you.

Good luck! 8)

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I feel I'm stating the obvious here but sometimes deleting and reinstalling has fixed weird glitches like this.
    Well, I tried doing that and had no luck, personally. I had ten crashes trying to visit neighbors today.
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited May 2014

Beats waiting on EA support to get back to you.

Good luck! 8)

I should've stated this in my original post, but I tried that after the first few crashes after getting the new update (the 2nd one that fixed the FP glitch).
    neuroheart wrote:
    Well, I tried doing that and had no luck, personally. I had ten crashes trying to visit neighbors today.

It is beyond annoying. Good luck to you and everyone else experiencing the crashing from visiting friends. Hopefully they'll have another update tomorrow to fix it (otherwise we probably won't get a fix until Monday).
  • DamnedDonuts
    231 posts
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I've been thru similar and it's horrible waiting for help from a customer support entity whose main job doesn't seem to be providing support to customers.

Hopefully everything gets sorted quickly. :)

And on a positive note....at least it's not happening during an event. The FP prizes won't vanish like event stuff would. So I guess there's that. 8)
  • Merc1994
    47 posts
    edited May 2014
    I just had a very pleasent chat with a guy named Ashok on the EA customer support live chat.
    Not even they are suggesting to uninstall and reinstall :mrgreen:
    I have to say he was really nice and sympathetic, and said (quote) "I know it's hard to wait for something you are so keen on, and I'm honestly kinda embarassed to ask you to do so while our team works on a solution".
    So, I guess we just have to be patient.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited May 2014
    Mine isn't crashing but there is massive lag in friend's towns where there are buildings to tap. Towns with nothing to tap are fine but of no use.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2014
    Its good to see the FP has been sorted so quickly

I did find that when visiting friends a few people crashed my game but not all, being i couldn't see their towns i did wonder whether it was because they havent updated their game as for me it was only a selected few friends who crashed my game
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Yeah... My game has been crashing every time I try to visit friends. :( I was hoping that this mini-update would fix that. But hopefully, they'll figure it out soon.

I have noticed, however, that we get FP for friends visiting our towns - a point for each handshake... even those the buildings without graffiti. But I'm curious - did the FP values change for visiting friends now that you get credit for them visiting your town? Earlier today, it stated that I would get 3 FP for each tap. (I guess my last FP game ended in the middle, just like the previous time.) But now it's been changed to one. Is this just a coincidence? Or has the point system changed?

Does anyone know?

I'm sure I'll find out tomorrow, once the 24-hour period is over. But I'm just curious if anyone already knows.

Thanks! :D

Also...

I'm curious about something that happens when the game crashes...

To give an example: Say there are six buildings available to tap in my neighbor's town. I go in and tap three of those buildings... but then my game crashes. When I go back, my game says that I still have between one to three buildings left to tap, depending on what has been credited to me when the game crashes. But in my friend's town, there are only three buildings left to tap.

I'm wondering...

If I tap the 1 - 3 times left on my counter, what happens to the buildings I've already tapped? Do they get credit for them, as well? I'd hate to think that that those buildings have been wasted, and that I just took buildings away from someone else. Does anyone know what happens to them?

And has this happened to anyone else?

I'm just wondering if I should report it as a bug? Just in case this is a new problem that they aren't aware of.

Again, thank you! :D
  • chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    The FP System is now fixed. You also get FP´s from cleaning the buildings in your own SF. :)
    But EA have not fixed the Lags... :roll:
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2014
    chris6271 wrote:
    The FP System is now fixed. You also get FP´s from cleaning the buildings in your own SF. :)

Wasnt we getting FP points from cleaning our buildings before? :? I cant remember tbh, so glad the FP are working again tho :)

My game last night was lagging badly!! Come this morning with this update my game now plays like it used too :)

I know EA are sorting the lagging issue, so there might be another small update in the next day or so for people like yourself who's game is still effected.
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    So I may have found some bit of a fix for the crashing issue. Not sure if it'll work for anyone else but it allowed me to visit the majority of my friends' towns.

Just in case, I deleted my internet browsing history to clear up some small bit of memory. I doubt that made any difference, but whatever. I shut off and rebooted my phone. I logged back onto the game and tried again to visit the first town on my list I hadn't visited yet, and it crashed yet again.

Next I tried logging back in, and went back to my friends list and went to Other Springfield. Instead of arrowing forward, I went backward and was able to visit a good 50 or so towns and collect Friend Points without any problems besides a bit of lag in some towns.

But when I got to the town that I was trying to visit that caused my original crashing issues, well, it crashed again.

So it seems to be something related to that town. Perhaps it's a big town with lots of buildings and characters and that's causing the crashing. Not sure. But I'm relieved I found something of a fix. Hopefully it'll work for other people with the crashing issue.

Merc1994 wrote:
    I just had a very pleasent chat with a guy named Ashok on the EA customer support live chat.
    Not even they are suggesting to uninstall and reinstall :mrgreen:
    I have to say he was really nice and sympathetic, and said (quote) "I know it's hard to wait for something you are so keen on, and I'm honestly kinda embarassed to ask you to do so while our team works on a solution".
    So, I guess we just have to be patient.

I have to say, I both respect and appreciate his response. At least they're working on it.

NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Its good to see the FP has been sorted so quickly

I did find that when visiting friends a few people crashed my game but not all, being i couldn't see their towns i did wonder whether it was because they havent updated their game as for me it was only a selected few friends who crashed my game

Yup, this is definitely the case with me too. Like I said, memorize which towns are causing your game to crash. Skipping those may help you collect at least some FPs. But that's a good point that it may be related to those who haven't updated yet. That's a good point.
  • chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    chris6271 wrote:

Wasnt we getting FP points from cleaning our buildings before? :? I cant remember tbh, so glad the FP are working again tho :)

My game last night was lagging badly!! Come this morning with this update my game now plays like it used too :)

I know EA are sorting the lagging issue, so there might be another small update in the next day or so for people like yourself who's game is still effected.

We got only FP´s from cleaning the graffiti. Not from cleaning the handshakes... :)
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Also...

To give an example: Say there are six buildings available to tap in my neighbor's town. I go in and tap three of those buildings... but then my game crashes. When I go back, my game says that I still have between one to three buildings left to tap, depending on what has been credited to me when the game crashes. But in my friend's town, there are only three buildings left to tap.

I'm wondering...

If I tap the 1 - 3 times left on my counter, what happens to the buildings I've already tapped? Do they get credit for them, as well? I'd hate to think that that those buildings have been wasted, and that I just took buildings away from someone else. Does anyone know what happens to them?

I'm just wondering if I should report it as a bug? Just in case this is a new problem that they aren't aware of.

I've had this happen a number of times. In one instance I was able to check and my handshakes were on more than 3 buildings.
  • Pokelon1970
    311 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    My game now crashes on almost all my friends. I used to have just the lag and the crash in two friends towns. Now I crash like everywhere.....feel like not even trying anymore. It's so frustrating. So, please all my friends, if you read me; I try, but I just can't do it!
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    maxeerg wrote:
    Also...

I'm wondering...

I've had this happen a number of times. In one instance I was able to check and my handshakes were on more than 3 buildings.

Really? Oh, goodness. I wonder how many times I've had 6 or more in one town. :( But as long as they get the credit. :D Thank you for answering. :mrgreen:
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    chris6271 wrote:

Do you happen to know if the point system has changed now that this has been added?
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2014
    chris6271 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    chris6271 wrote:

We got only FP´s from cleaning the graffiti. Not from cleaning the handshakes... :)

You know i could have sworn that we was receiving points for cleaning stuff up and handshakes with the last item, i would have placed money on that....although with you saying it not so i might hold back on betting money now :lol:
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    chris6271 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    chris6271 wrote:

You know i could have sworn that we was receiving points for cleaning stuff up and handshakes with the last item, i would have placed money on that....although with you saying it not so i might hold back on betting money now :lol:

We were, during Easter. And now, I seem to be getting them from some buildings. I got an FP point after tapping Sprawlmart.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    chris6271 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    chris6271 wrote:

We were, during Easter. And now, I seem to be getting them from some buildings. I got an FP point after tapping Sprawlmart.

Oh good thought i was going crazy....well more than usual anyway lol
  • chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    In the last FP´s systems we got only FP´s in our SF by cleaning graffiti. Now also by cleaning handshakes from the neighbours. :)
    I hope it´s no a glitch...
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2014
    chris6271 wrote:
    In the last FP´s systems we got only FP´s in our SF by cleaning graffiti. Now also by cleaning handshakes from the neighbours. :)
    I hope it´s no a glitch...

I dont think this is a glitch mate :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!