EA Forums - Banner

Game crashing when visiting friends since update :(

I have found that there is around three towns in my friend list that crash my app. I have put all three on hide for now until the issue is resolved and I can now **** through the rest of the list. (Well with some lag but I'm getting used to that now) :)

Edit to add...

If you can work out which name it is that is crashing your app, put them on hide. It takes a while to go through but once you've done it you can then go through as you normally do until the problem is resolved then you can take those towns off hide :)
Playing since Aug 2011

Replies

• XScripts
    438 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    They are really making it hard to get cool Lisa!
  • Godbless598
    52 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I never had any problems before this last upgrade, crashes, the lag is terrible, what used to take half hour or less is now over a hour plus. Is there anything that can help?
  • rotyr
    30 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I can't even try get cool Lisa, I get about as far as 3 friends visits and then the game just crashes, over and over.

I have the same issue. It started immediately after Easter was removed. However, in my case the game always crashes when I visit 2 particular friends. I have no idea why. However, if I just skip over these particular friends, I can visit the remaining friends without issue.
  • Corrcorrcorr
    1139 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    When the first update happened, i had no crashing issues. Crashing came after the third :?: update. Now I can visit 2-3 neighbours without trouble and then it crashes. It doesn't matter in which order i visit them and it is rarely the same neighbour twice.
  • shiboshi1
    26 posts
    edited May 2014
    Same here :cry::cry:
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    The towns that crash your game when you visit are inaccessible to both you and the person whom you are trying to visit. My town crashes every time it try to enter it. I happened right after Easter update ended. EA has been contacted. Hopefully they fix it soon. So, if they're good neighbors don't delete them. It's not their fault.
  • Hajekfam
    29 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I also have been having problems with crashing when visiting certain friends. It was the same friends that caused the crashing each time. If i clicked on their Krustyland, i could visit that but clicking on the bus to go to their Springfield would cause a crash. I looked those friends up in my friends list and realized that the last time these friends played was before the forced update. I also remembered that Easter update did not affect Krustyland - you didn't get any bunnies on your Krustyland or Easter eggs on your friends' Krustylands. Based on that experience, I wonder if trying to go to an un-updated Springfield causes the crash
  • RynoJordan23
    470 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Ive got the same problem with only one of my neighbors towns, thankfully. I'm more disappointed in the lag issues. They remove, in my opinion, the worst "event" ever in TSTO and the game ends up lagging to where it's virtually unplayable. It takes so much longer to tap my town and visit everyone since the update. Hopefully it gets fixed sooner than later, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Bevyboop14
    34 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    What I discovered tonight is. I looked at when the friends I was trying to access and constantly getting booted to home screen on iPad, is they hadn't been active for 4 - 5 days. So I deleted them because it was too frustrating. Don't know if this has something to do with a missing update they don't have, but I don't get booted out of game with any other friends who are more current in playing. Still some lag at times, but I try and visit KL less clutter an not as much lag I find.

• Frimar21
    269 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    yeah, this is something really annoying..
    since the last update, the game has many more crashing compared to the past...

it seems that some SF are worst than others, and for what I understood, it is related to the number of character too close together.. in fact, I have one friend with one single road, all the free character stay there waiting for a job, and when I visit his city the game turn to be irresponsive for a while... I have an ipad 4 with 32GB... so a not too old device... :-/
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited May 2014
    Bevyboop14 wrote:
    What I discovered tonight is. I looked at when the friends I was trying to access and constantly getting booted to home screen on iPad, is they hadn't been active for 4 - 5 days. So I deleted them because it was too frustrating. Don't know if this has something to do with a missing update they don't have, but I don't get booted out of game with any other friends who are more current in playing. Still some lag at times, but I try and visit KL less clutter an not as much lag I find.

Some of them have not been active for 4-5 days because they can't log into their town. The first update came out on thursday and became mandatory on friday. I have waited till the last second to update, and I haven't been able to play for 4 days now. If I lose some unknown neighbors I don't care, I can find new ones, but be aware that it's not our fault.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited May 2014
    Yeah i am having the crashing issues when visiting friends, it has certainly added loads more time to doing the rounds for sure, used to be able to get round in 20-30mins (i dont wait to collect the money etc) now it taking well over the hour!!

There seems to be a few friends that are the main reason i get kicked out so i have written down their names and am now avoiding visiting them, hopefully their towns will be fixed soon so i can visit again, but the crashing is very annoying!!

At 1st i thought it was cos people hadnt updated and that was why but since everyone should have been forced to update it kinda blows that idea out the window
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I've got about three-four friends that cause the home screen crash out. Very annoying. Also, when you go back in, you have to visit the neighbour before them again, and then not use the arrows, but exit to the friend screen, and skip over the offending town.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited May 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    I've got about three-four friends that cause the home screen crash out. Very annoying. Also, when you go back in, you have to visit the neighbour before them again, and then not use the arrows, but exit to the friend screen, and skip over the offending town.

I had to adapt the way i visit friends, i now use the arrows from town to town as well (have been doing so for a while). Just before (and during the Easter event), visiting 100 friends took about 55 minutes after EA fixed the bug that caused the crashing, however, since the updates after Easter, that issue is back, and it now takes anywhere between an hour and a half up to two hours depending on how frequent the crashes are. It's also the lagging in some towns that adds quite a bit of time onto the visit. Very frustrating, one of the reasons i don't play the game every day now.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited May 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

I had to adapt the way i visit friends, i now use the arrows from town to town as well (have been doing so for a while). Just before (and during the Easter event), visiting 100 friends took about 55 minutes after EA fixed the bug that caused the crashing, however, since the updates after Easter, that issue is back, and it now takes anywhere between an hour and a half up to two hours depending on how frequent the crashes are. It's also the lagging in some towns that adds quite a bit of time onto the visit. Very frustrating, one of the reasons i don't play the game every day now.

The lagging in some of my friends towns is a nightmare, some have massive time delay from tapping a building then the scroll JEEZ!!
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited May 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

The lagging in some of my friends towns is a nightmare, some have massive time delay from tapping a building then the scroll JEEZ!!

I have to question the amount of decorations that are allowed in the game, i really think that they need to be capped at somehting like 2500 and no more after that. One town i have as a neighbour has only a few characters and buildings, but a MASSIVE amount of decorations. That is the worst town for lagging when i visit.

I know a decorations cap wouldn't be popular, but at least it might help somewhat

• forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I kind of resent being forced to visit friends to get a new thing. Outside of events, I didn't bother visiting friends but during events I'm diligent about it. I like to tame a break from spending an hour tapping on friends towns between events...
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • hyphen_ena
    34 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I can't get into my Krustyland anymore. Game crashes every time.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.