EA Forums - Banner

How do you search neighbors towns

Prev1
datasurgeon
1878 posts Member
Since most of my neighbors head North when checking my town, I head South on there's and usually find something to tap very quickly. I then usually go back and forth in increments like in a que.

Replies

• Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I find moving to the right generally gives something to tap quickly, so the north-east corner is where I usually start, zigzaging down, then to the left.

Uh oh, my secret is out. Don't read what I just wrote. ;)
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Before the lag started, I would zoom out immediately upon entering, then kick out to a far corner and quickly tap good payout buildings on the extreme periphery. They are usually easy to find because most visitors don't go out that far.

Now, with the lag, I don't zoom out b/c that makes things worse. Instead, I kick out toward squidport, where there are fewer characters to animate, and hit up the $300-400 payout buildings if they're available.
  • lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited May 2014
    I go diagonal up to the upper left corner then follow the edge down to the Squidport. Then I go up and down until I find something good.
  • Samaranth01
    2182 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    If I see something to right off, I'll just keep going in that direction. If I don't see anything around the landing zone I just pick a direction that looks good. :)
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Before the lag started, I would zoom out immediately upon entering, then kick out to a far corner and quickly tap good payout buildings on the extreme periphery. They are usually easy to find because most visitors don't go out that far, and it really doesn't take any extra time.

Now, with the lag, I don't zoom out b/c that makes things worse. Instead, I kick out toward squidport, where there are fewer characters to animate, and hit up the $300-400 payout buildings if they're available.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I usually check the immediate landing zone and move toward the corner where the water meets the mountains, then all along the mountains and clockwise around the edges, including Squidport. If nothing by then, I start zigzags through town.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • ebarber
    186 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    ~*shiney*~

But seriously, I head southeast then up, going in a clock-wise motion until I find three clickables. And sometimes I just like checking out the town :)
  • loner_chick
    32 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I did not realize that people had a strategy. I just move around and tap the first building I can.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I go's where I wants, and what I finds, I keeps.
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited May 2014
    I usually start in the northeast corner if there's nothing around the landing zone and go back and forth til I find something. I have a collection of shops in my northeast corner and notice those are some of buildings most tapped by my neighbors as well.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Which direction is which in Springfield? I always think of the mountains being "north" and Squidport as being along the town's west coast. Might be a living-in-California influence. So which corner of Springfield is considered "northeast"?
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • danco214
    1291 posts
    edited May 2014
    Lately if there is nothing in the landing zone to tap, I move on to the next town since some towns have such bad lag that I can't search them anyway.
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited May 2014
    Which direction is which in Springfield? I always think of the mountains being "north" and Squidport as being along the town's west coast. Might be a living-in-California influence. So which corner of Springfield is considered "northeast"?
    I think of the mountains being north and the water being west too.
  • danco214
    1291 posts
    edited May 2014
    I think of the mountains being north and the water being west too.

Same, mountains are North, water West
  • DamnedDonuts
    231 posts
    edited May 2014
    It appears quite a few of us like to follow shiny things. haha :lol:

Too funny.

Nice poll OP, made me chuckle. :thumbup:
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I did not realize that people had a strategy. I just move around and tap the first building I can.

Usually this. Sometimes I go around the town for a bit and explore.
  • Lmac201
    217 posts
    edited May 2014
    I'm all over the shop, desperately darting here and there, seeking anything.. anything.. ANYTHING tappable!!

There is no method to my madness.
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited May 2014
    I immediately head towards Squidport upon entering a town.

Comes from having a lot of friends that were into the tile tapping club - still a hard habit to break.

If I see things to tap (non house/non KWM etc) on the way then I will tap em, otherwise I will just zig zag thru town to see whats available
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    What ever I come to & some times I have a look around. :D
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2014
    I generally move north of the landing spot to the top and then back down the sides to the bottom by SP then possible zig zag to find something to tap, with all this lag with peoples town(s) at the moment i tap whatever i see 1st if the town is laggy
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!