EA Forums - Banner

Tapped Out Version 4.8.3 for Android Released!

amaiolo78 wrote:
Hi everyone!! Just wanted to let you guys and girls know that I just downloaded a new Google Play store update, 4.8.3, and it fixed my lag, so hopefully this works for others! :mrgreen:

Yup, it's here in my play store too! Thanks for the heads-up! :thumbup:

Replies

• GeorgePatton5
    46 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Where can I find the update release notes for each update?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm confused. I don't see any updates in the play store or online.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited May 2014
    I just saw it now when checking my apps that needed updated, true enough, there was one there waiting for TSTO, which is strange because i already had an update through the play store this afternoon. Interesting... Just updated, lets see what's working and what's not shall we
  • stevetdda0201
    57 posts
    edited May 2014
    Downloaded update and put a load of my characters on outside/animated tasks...lag is definitely gone!
  • Annie_19831983
    79 posts
    edited May 2014
    Where is the bloody iOS update to fix the lagging and crashing issues??
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    I just saw it now when checking my apps that needed updated, true enough, there was one there waiting for TSTO
    Ooooh, I feel dumb now. I thought there was a new version of the android OS :oops:
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited May 2014
    Anyone know if iOS will get one too? Glad android users got things sorted :) updated mine, but I only play on my iPad so it doesn't really matter to me lol, lag still prevents me from visiting (sorry neighboreenos!)
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    I just saw it now when checking my apps that needed updated, true enough, there was one there waiting for TSTO
    Ooooh, I feel dumb now. I thought there was a new version of the android OS :oops:

I thought the same thing at first, the title is very misleading.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:

I thought the same thing, so i checked everything, including the Android software :lol:

just been into my town and had a look around, true enough, the lag seems to have gone fully from my town's landing zone and with animations, visied a couple of neighbours who's towns were causing my game to lag with each visit and although it's still not perfect, it's a LOT better. In a couple of hours i'll be doing my full rounds again to catch up, hopefully it's back and working much better than it has been :D

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    It's smoother now, for sure. Still a little slow, but not as bad and not jumpy. Everyone is tasked and it doesn't seem to be an issue anymore, though I'm going to keep the walking decos stored for the time being. We'll see what happens when I visit neighbors.
  • amaiolo78
    35 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:

I thought the same thing at first, the title is very misleading.

Looking back it kinda was, sorry about that lol. I edited the title to be more clear :)
  • mdawny
    325 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Good grief. Huge download. Says its going to take an hour, lol!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    mdawny wrote:
    Good grief. Huge download. Says its going to take an hour, lol!
    Say what? My update downloaded very quickly. I'm not even sure how long it was, it was that quick.
  • mdawny
    325 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Mine shows the android google software update as 387.59 mb.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Hey, thanks for the heads up! I have so much to update right now that it'll take forever. :)

Edit: Holy *Bleep!* The lag is fixed! :shock: Woo hoo! :mrgreen:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Visiting neighbors went nice and smooth, so here's to that!
    mdawny wrote:
    Mine shows the android google software update as 387.59 mb.
    Oh, yeah, I was confused too, but it's just a game update, not a full Android update.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!