EA Forums - Banner

This means WAR!!!!!!!!! (log in crash)

Prev13
I'm with you REDDEADLOST!!!

This is what EA sent me...

'Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Experience.

I have gone through you email and came to know that you are also facing the game crashing issue. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that this is disappointing for you because you have spent your valuable time and earnings on this game to enjoy. Had I been in your place I would have also felt the same.

I would like to inform you that this issue is known to us, and we have informed the concerned department. Our Studio team has started investigation to get permanent fix. '

This was 5 days ago and not much use to me really as I've spent loads on this game so I'll do as you say and keep at them.

Its now day 12 for me - have reinstalled etc but still crashes even after the latest small update on iphone4s. Did this fix things for anybody I wonder?? - I won't give up - I will see my Springfield again!!!

[img][/img]ZHNjMDM2NjYuanBnMTEzNzU1MA_zps3b710c6c.jpg

Replies

• FattestTony
    3 posts
    edited May 2014

I couldn't agree more, in fact REDDEADLOST has inspired me to sign up to this forum, EA need to know how many of us are being affected by this and we should make it known elsewhere...

2 weeks without being able to play a game I have embarrassingly enough spent quite a bit of money on is absolutely ridiculous - I will demand a refund. Can you imaging the bad press coverage if this happened to Rockstargames for example - EA should be extremely apologetic at the least. The biggest joke was that the EA/Origin Website crashed while I was signing in to verify. What a shambles!!!

Playing on iPhone 5c
    Level 40
    latest update 05/22/2014 - did not fix - still crashes at loading screen

• maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Android got an update from the store (game version 4.8.3) which seems to have fixed the lagging issue. The in-game update on iOS platforms seems to have only brought level 41.
  • buffycity
    2 posts
    edited May 2014
    Has anyone contacted the better business bureau yet. That might get the issue fixed real fast.
  • starshipvi49
    1129 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Dont forget to stamp your feet.
  • orestes81
    54 posts
    edited May 2014
    After nine days I'm starting to wonder if it'll ever be fixed.
  • gypseileen
    17 posts
    edited May 2014
    I'm level 40 and since the Easter update I've been unable to get into the game. I've had one response from EA, with no further answers. I'm going to ask iTunes for a refund for donuts purchased yet sitting untouched as I'm not able to access the game. I asked EA for a refund. No replies to that. As I live in Australia they won't be ringing me. I've tried to contact them but apart from the one response where a question was put to me, the answer I gave has produced nothing. They don't care. I too wish that there were enough players locked out that we could have the game removed until they resolve the problem but as that's not the case we all luck out.
  • billrx248
    124 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    EA knows how to do this best: send an apology but no fix, pass the buck, blown you off, and send you elsewhere to get resolution. When you pay money for something an it is supposed to work correctly, there is a fiduciary agreement for it to meet your expectations. EA has failed me too. Come on EA - is it not better to fix problems without a potential class action law suit initiated ?
  • REDDEADLOST
    34 posts
    edited May 2014
    Full refund of £349.95 received today.

Good job I stamped my feet!
  • helenbrown11
    30 posts
    edited May 2014
    Can you tell me who you contacted at ITunes or provide the link as I want a refund as well as I have spent well over $1500 on this damn game.
  • REDDEADLOST
    34 posts
    edited May 2014
    I went through the motions via the itunes store

https://getsupport.apple.com/ServiceOptionAction.action

very helpful as ever - remember to be polite and understand that it is not directly their fault - go through the points calmly and systematically and don't take no for an answer.

Let's hit EA where it hurts - maybe once they start losing money they'll give us our towns back
  • helenbrown11
    30 posts
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the link and tips. I am usually a calm person, so will be polite....just want a resolution.
    So with the refund does that mean everything you purchased in game is erased? So no more simpsons for you?
    This is assuming you can get back in..... :lol:
  • HomerGuevara
    7 posts
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the info - nice move

They said they could only give me a refund for the purchases made in the last 90days but I just took it, better than nothing, if only I had a British accent!

The more noise we make about this the better - and EA will have to take note if their wallets start getting lighter...

I still want back in regardless of the partial refund, I deem this merely a small compensation.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm all for this but remember some things take a lot of work to fix. :-\
  • REDDEADLOST
    34 posts
    edited May 2014
    @helenbrown11 - I'm sure you are just wanted to leave a clear message to everyone who may be overly frustrated that itunes aren't really at fault.

-I've still got the App and my Origin profile and (without wanting to give people any ideas) they didn't ask for any particular proof just my apple ID - so if they do ever fix things for us then everything should be as was. Unless they take me out altogether because of this - but hey there's no proof that I'm not making all this up! and bank transfers/ transactions are private & confidential so apologies to EA but this issue has already been resolved.

PEACE!!!
  • FattestTony
    3 posts
    edited May 2014
    I'm glad that you got some sort of refund... I still can't believe that the App is still available - I mean without the refunds its practically a criminal operation, taking your money for faulty goods and breaking all communications whilst carrying on as normal, sounds like an online scam to me - EA should be ashamed, especially of the fact that they haven't even admitted, warned or made public that this can and has happened. Not only this but they are effectively tarnishing The Simpsons as a quality brand and frustrating their fans - simply not on.

Keep the complaints coming boys and girls - we can beat this!
  • roweboy1974
    7 posts
    edited May 2014
    All I got from EA is that it's a problem that they are working that only affects some users and all I could do was wait. It would have been nice now that it's fixed to find something premium in my inventory or some free donuts but no I guess that's too much to expect.
  • chris4rockets
    23 posts
    edited May 2014
    Amen! This * is getting old....it's been over 2 weeks since I've been able to view my town and friends...not cool.

Honestly, what could be the problem that it's taking this damn long to fix?
  • HomerGuevara
    7 posts
    edited May 2014
    Still not working for me - this is outrageous!
  • cokewithvanilla
    53 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Lag is fixed but its crashing more than ever for me, I can rarely even get into my Krustyland now.

Absolutely absurd.
  • helenbrown11
    30 posts
    edited May 2014
    Reddeadlost..... I got back in just then... I deleted the app and then downloaded it again and I am in.... Hope you are back in now???
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!