EA Forums - Banner

World Cup Event

Prev1

Replies

• de_mariac
    89 posts
    edited May 2014
    Did they not do anything for past events? I really think they should as the World Cup is every four years, would be awesome to have some new content based off that.
  • lisaj885
    7 posts
    edited May 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:
    No.

One word answers are extremely rude IMO.

To OP, that would be a great idea!!
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:
    No.

Well, now I know how you treat people anyway! :-\

Yes, I think it's a great idea and they should definitely consider the concept. :-D
  • robm978
    315 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Not a fan of the game but I think it would an excellent idea.
  • Corrcorrcorr
    1140 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Awesome idea, surprised that they haven't done it yet.
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Now, now. Play nice everyone!

Honestly, I doubt we would really see anything for a major sporting event. They do not have a history of creating and distributing things for events other than mostly nationally recognized holidays such as Easter and Christmas. However, this is EA we are talking about, who knows what they are thinking. They did release the Duff Racer for a small Nascar tie in, but that was two years ago.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I hate football (or soccer if you're in the US) but any sort of update would be welcomed by me! :D it's always great to get new things and new quests!

I think when someone brought up the possibility of the World Cup in the past though, people said it probably wouldn't happen because of sponsorship reasons, or the channel the World Cup is broadcast on, Something like that... :?
  • anonSimpson
    363 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    de_mariac wrote:
    Did they not do anything for past events?I really think they should as the World Cup is every four years, would be awesome to have some new content based off that.

Two Olympic Games (London 2012, Sochi 2014) went by with no in game mention, events, or items.

It would be cool, but I don't think anything will happen.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    It will not haopen.

It would contribute nothing.
  • anonSimpson
    363 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    It would contribute nothing.

If they do something then it literally cannot contribute nothing.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I can't say I'm much of a World Cup person, but more decorations would still look good.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I doubt they will. They did a little bit for the Super Bowl, but that's a huge event in the US. World Cup isn't. If TSTO has a significant player base outside the US, they should probably consider doing it.
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited May 2014
    It would be awesome, if they brought the Springfield Soccer Stadium in to the game.

Football_Stadium.jpg

• userjos
    65 posts
    edited May 2014
    would be a great idea but idk if it will happen
  • lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited May 2014
    Not a big football/soccer fan, but it would be fun to see it.

• nieveynbwadders
    39 posts
    edited May 2014
    DJDK-ec wrote:
    It would be awesome, if they brought the Springfield Soccer Stadium in to the game.

Football_Stadium.jpg

That's a pretty good idea! I would love to see some sporting equipment/events in the game whether it is world cup related or not as effectively it would definitely make the game more realistic! Fantastic idea though :D
  • epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Anything they do would have to be unbranded as far as "World Cup" is concerned. As has been mentioned every time this comes up, EA would have to license the rights for this specific game and follow the rules set down by the folks who own the copyrights and trademarks associated with that event. It is the same reason we won't see the Olympics or any other trademarked event in the game. (Rights obtained for the television show are entirely separate from the game.)
  • brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    A FIFA World Cup update would be the best ever.
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I would love for an World Cup event. :D
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I love football, so I'd be happy with loads. I hope we get something, even some flags for different nations- I simply want to be able to show my nationality.
    I want homers ref outfit and the Springfield football stadium I think. IMO it would be great
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!