EA Forums - Banner

Fischer-Z

Nice gift, conny! Dont know them but ill definitely check them out! :D

Replies

• Kozzi59
    1393 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    my god, there's a blast from the past! I was working as a sales rep for a record company in NZ and this was one of "our" bands at the time of their debut, Word Salad. I remember quite liking it - Pretty Paracetamol :mrgreen:

no idea whether they're still around or not, but a lot of fun at the time :thumbup:
  • LeuchtbojeConny
    544 posts
    edited May 2014
    I think they simply disappeared after a couple of years.
    Never heard of them again. They were great though. :)

• LeuchtbojeConny
    544 posts
    edited May 2014
    Kozzi59 wrote:
    my god, there's a blast from the past! I was working as a sales rep for a record company in NZ and this was one of "our" bands at the time of their debut, Word Salad. I remember quite liking it - Pretty Paracetamol :mrgreen:

no idea whether they're still around or not, but a lot of fun at the time :thumbup:

I always thought they were British?
    But I certainly share your feelings: couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the CD. The vinyl record must still be somewhere in my cellar.
    We didn't even have CDs. lol

And will someone please be so kind to tell that I do not look as old as I obviously am? ;)
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Kozzi59 wrote:

Wow, I never knew your SIG was a gif! :-\
  • Kozzi59
    1393 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Kozzi59 wrote:

I always thought they were British?
    But I certainly share your feelings: couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the CD. The vinyl record must still be somewhere in my cellar.
    We didn't even have CDs. lol

And will someone please be so kind to tell that I do not look as old as I obviously am? ;)

Yeh, they were/are British - I meant they were distributed by Festival Records in NZ, and that's who I worked for.

And you're looking very young this morning, Conny :thumbup:
  • Kozzi59
    1393 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Kozzi59 wrote:

Neither did I :mrgreen: Actually, it was a gift :lol:
  • fraudelong
    134 posts
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for sharing this...I have never heard of this band but I talk to my German students a lot about East & West and the politics of that era, so I'm excited to listen to their songs and see if there's anything I can use. :)

Dankeschoen!
  • LeuchtbojeConny
    544 posts
    edited May 2014
    @fraudelong
    There certainly will be. :)
    Great idea to use them in your German lessons.
    Our English teacher introduced us to Tom Lehrer. I'm still grateful for that.
    Send the marines! :)
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Kozzi59 wrote:
    Kozzi59 wrote:

Neither did I :mrgreen: Actually, it was a gift :lol:

Cool! :-D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.