EA Forums - Banner

Tapping too fast

jraffa50 wrote:
I was tapping too fast this morning and I accidentally tapped past some dialogue I wasn't expecting. Did either Smithers or Lenny have something to say today? Anyone else? I can't figure out what it was all about but it didn't seem to be a part of any other quests I'm working on.

Thanks!

I do this occasionally too, and it bugs the ** out of me. I don't have a specific answer for you, but sometimes there is some dialog when you release a character from a task. It does not always lead to something else...sometimes it just punctuates a task you've just completed. These almost always trip me up. Too bad there is no log feature that would allow us to go back and read what we may have missed. The only consoloation I have is that MAYBE when I reach the same point in one of my feeder towns I will be more careful and catch whatever it was that was missed.

The only other solution might be going to one of the sites that have a word for word walkthrough (I have seen something like this out there), and seeing if you can find the dialogue you may have missed.

Replies

• maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Nope, there wasn't a special dialogue between them both today so it must have been part of a quest thankfully! :-D
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited May 2014
    jraffa50 wrote:
    I was tapping too fast this morning and I accidentally tapped past some dialogue I wasn't expecting. Did either Smithers or Lenny have something to say today? Anyone else? I can't figure out what it was all about but it didn't seem to be a part of any other quests I'm working on.

Thanks!

I do this occasionally too, and it bugs the ** out of me. I don't have a specific answer for you, but sometimes there is some dialog when you release a character from a task. It does not always lead to something else...sometimes it just punctuates a task you've just completed. These almost always trip me up. Too bad there is no log feature that would allow us to go back and read what we may have missed. The only consoloation I have is that MAYBE when I reach the same point in one of my feeder towns I will be more careful and catch whatever it was that was missed.

The only other solution might be going to one of the sites that have a word for word walkthrough (I have seen something like this out there), and seeing if you can find the dialogue you may have missed.

Thanks Starman! You are right, it's totally bugging me! I've been trying to look around on some other sites but since I don't know exactly what I'm looking for it's not getting me too far. I was hoping someone may have noticed something. I definitely need to slow down a bit!
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    jraffa50 wrote:

Thanks!

Same happend to me :cry:
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    when i first started playing, i tapped too fast and spent unnecessary donuts to speed to tasks, etc. (turn on your donut confirmation spending option folks.)
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    jraffa50 wrote:

Thanks!

I know we can't post links but I think we can say a way to find a website. If you search for tsto topix (without the space between the two words) you can use their search engine to type in the name of a character, and you will probably find a walkthrough for the quest that introduced that character. In those walkthroughs I almost always find the entire dialogue. For instance, I typed in "Sean" and got the quest with full transcript of dialogue between Father Sean and Homer. I typed in Bernice and got all dialogue for her quest line. In the middle of that quest dialogue there IS a very short exchange that pops up between Carl and Lenny. Maybe there's another part with homer. Didn't read the whole thing.

Hope that helps. (And that I'm allowed to say where to look.)

:)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited May 2014
    jraffa50 wrote:

Thanks!

I know we can't post links but I think we can say a way to find a website. If you search for tsto topix (without the space between the two words) you can use their search engine to type in the name of a character, and you will probably find a walkthrough for the quest that introduced that character. In those walkthroughs I almost always find the entire dialogue. For instance, I typed in "Sean" and got the quest with full transcript of dialogue between Father Sean and Homer. I typed in Bernice and got all dialogue for her quest line. In the middle of that quest dialogue there IS a very short exchange that pops up between Carl and Lenny. Maybe there's another part with homer. Didn't read the whole thing.

Hope that helps. (And that I'm allowed to say where to look.)

:)

Thanks! That was it!!! It was that short exchange between Carl and Lenny, and I had missed Carl's line. Awesome!
  • jimmyw31
    213 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I believe it was part of the Bernice quest line when you send all the drunks to the bar. At the risk of slight spoilers for anyone not there yet, Carl and Lenny have a short dialogue warning Bernice about something at the bar (not saying what as to not spoil it).
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    wikisimpsons also has dialogue, I believe.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.