EA Forums - Banner

Mondegreens

My mum used to sing the lyrics to Summer In The City wrong, instead of saying "back of my neck getting dirty and gritty" she'd sing "back of my neck getting dirty real pretty" :lol:

When I was little my parents used to play some sixties compilation album and when it came to Bobby's Girl, I always sang "I wanna be mummys girl" because that's what I thought she said lol.

Replies

• mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited May 2014
  • Nilmade
    1028 posts
    edited May 2014
    One of my friends has just started to learn English and she is having problems with the listening comprehension exercises. She told me that last week there was a man saying "I'm a lawyer" and she heard "hallelujah". Her teacher couldn't stop laughing.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Nilmade wrote:
    One of my friends has just started to learn English and she is having problems with the listening comprehension exercises. She told me that last week there was a man saying "I'm a lawyer" and she heard "hallelujah". Her teacher couldn't stop laughing.

That reminds me of a scene in Reno 911 where they're trying to make a foreign guy say Hallelujah and he can't even get close! :lol:
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Nilmade wrote:

Haha! :-D

I always thought it was "text book open" and "text book closed" but then I realised textbook was in fact taskbook! :-D
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    As a completist I hear everything correctly.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.