EA Forums - Banner

Who did you think shot Mr. Burns?

Prev1
ax0n01
2385 posts Member
Oh and between my sister and cousins, I was the one to discover that Mr. Burns was missing his gun when he was shot and fell.

And for some reason, I suspected that the Germans had shot Mr. Burns. You know, the Germans who bought Mr. Burns nuclear power plant, sold it back to him for less than half and swore they would get him back.

Replies

• johnny50373
    2767 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I thought it was Maggie or Santas Little Helper. I can't remember the clues but I did guess/determine that Maggie done it. That was so much fun!
    I'm probably a couple years younger than you. I also recorded episodes onto VHS. My favorite recorded episode was "Flaming Moe's". Wow, that takes me back.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    ax0n01 wrote:
    Oh and between my sister and cousins, I was the one to discover that Mr. Burns was missing his gun when he was shot and fell.

And for some reason, I suspected that the Germans had shot Mr. Burns. You know, the Germans who bought Mr. Burns nuclear power plant, sold it back to him for less than half and swore they would get him back.

...wow, that's actually a good point. the thought of them never crossed my mind until now. Given their attitude about some fans at the time it would have been the perfect turn of events.

It stinks that nobody bit the bait they laid with the other suspects, the leaked fake suspects didn't take so something like that that nobody was a really good way of catching everyone by surprise.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited May 2014
    Dear god I am old :shock:
  • fudgeo9
    296 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Panopticnic... u missed the thread asking ppl their ages :lol: I remember watching it... but not who my suspect was. Now a days they would have alternative endings to confuse us, or have someone else looking shifty as if the guilty party wasnt the true committer
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2014
    That was a great episode :thumbup:

I remember that there was bookies that had set up bets on who done it :lol: Was such a big event :) I had no idea who had done it tho, have to be honest didnt even think it could had been maggie :oops:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Corrcorrcorr
    1140 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I thought as a joke that it's probably Maggie or one of the hounds. Turns out the thought was quite spot on :)
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I thought it was Chester Dupree
  • jaykreizer
    81 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    You would have to ignore the Simpson DNA and that would be nutty
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited May 2014
    Great topic. .i just watched part 2 last night, with commentary. They mention that no one that of the first 1000 contest entries from that 1-800-collect contest guessed correctly, but one person on alt.simpsons got it right after the first episode. Has anyone gone back to the archives of those boards and tried to find that guys posts? Im very intrigued. ..
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Great topic. .i just watched part 2 last night, with commentary. They mention that no one that of the first 1000 contest entries from that 1-800-collect contest guessed correctly, but one person on alt.simpsons got it right after the first episode. Has anyone gone back to the archives of those boards and tried to find that guys posts? Im very intrigued. ..

Wasn't it also mentioned that they tried to do that and couldn't find the person?
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited May 2014
    efin98 wrote:

Wasn't it also mentioned that they tried to do that and couldn't find the person?

They said that you can see his posts, but he used a college email address that was no longer valid.
    I just want to read what this guy had to say...I'd like to see how he figured it out after seeing just part 1!
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm trying to remember my thought process over that summer, but its been so long... I think I guessed that it was Smithers, as that seemed like the least likely suspect at the time. Then it turned out he was the most likely suspect. :oops:
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited May 2014
    it was me, because i am poor i converted my body into Simpsons-matter and went into the Simpsons world and shot him and took every single cent and asset. apon teleporting back all of the money and assets annihilated and i was mad. :P 8)
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I went from Smithers to Homer...Smithers deserved to be the guy who pulled the trigger but then I wanted it to be Homer because it would have been a cool episode with a "how are they going to get him off the hook" thing at the end of the episode.
  • Ratman5674
    888 posts
    edited May 2014
    Ratman got accused of doing it. Well what has Ratman not been accused of.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Ratman got accused of doing it. Well what has Ratman not been accused of.

Obviously you was wrongly accused! I hope you got a well deserved apology ;)
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Peter griffen
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2014
    rolybert7 wrote:
    Peter griffen

Now that would have been a shock if he had done it :lol:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I tried to find the original post, I stink at doing deep searches but did notice that whoever was correct didn't toot his own horn and gloat about it.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited May 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    I tried to find the original post, I stink at doing deep searches but did notice that whoever was correct didn't toot his own horn and gloat about it.

Hey would you mind showing me where you were searching? I suck at deep searches as well, but I have plenty of time to investigate tomorrow. ..
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!