EA Forums - Banner

Anyone here play dark souls 2?

ecneralc
3182 posts Member
Never played it, but I'd get it if it was on next gen.. Thinking of getting Watchdogs tomorrow

Replies

• ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I've been thinking of getting watchdogs I just got thief it's pretty fun. Not sure if I want to get collectors of watchdogs if can find it or just regular one.
  • MrJuanMata
    5344 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Looks pretty cool, plus it's got free roam online like GTA.. That's always fun :D
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    One of the things that's holding me back from getting it is another game that looks really good is coming out in June, Dying Light.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    ecneralc wrote:
    Thinking my next character will be a ginger, since gingers have no souls and each freckle represents a soul they've stolen lol.

Wait, that can't be true. Is that true. If it is true than that's pretty frickin hilarious.
  • MrJuanMata
    5344 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    ecneralc wrote:
    One of the things that's holding me back from getting it is another game that looks really good is coming out in June, Dying Light.
    Yeah I'll defo be getting that, love zombie games, although wasn't to keen on the last Dead Island..
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    ecneralc wrote:
    Thinking my next character will be a ginger, since gingers have no souls and each freckle represents a soul they've stolen lol.

Wait, that can't be true. Is that true. If it is true than that's pretty frickin hilarious.

I was referencing the gingers have no souls joke, figured a ginger character is pretty suiting for dark souls lol.
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    MrJuanMata wrote:
    ecneralc wrote:
    Yeah I'll defo be getting that, love zombie games, although wasn't to keen on the last Dead Island..

I might get watch dogs reg so can get dying light too instead of collectors of watchdogs.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I wanted to try these games for ages but never got round to it. Now i see that DS1 will be available for free on xbox from tomorrow so im starting! :D

Very anxious to try it!
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I wanted to try these games for ages but never got round to it. Now i see that DS1 will be available for free on xbox from tomorrow so im starting! :D

Very anxious to try it!

Ya number 2 is really fun, my friend has demon souls, dark souls, and dark souls 2. He likes dark souls 2 more because each time you go up a difficulty they add some new guys to surprise you so the game always feels a little different, but demon souls had a better environment with the music and areas you went through just made it feel creepy, and dark souls 1 he liked more because the bosses were crazy hard and presented a challenge to figure out how to get past them. I'm almost done my second play through on ng+ have 4 main bosses to do and 4 optional bosses.

Also do you need xbox live for the free ds1?
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    ecneralc wrote:

Very anxious to try it!

Ya number 2 is really fun, my friend has demon souls, dark souls, and dark souls 2. He likes dark souls 2 more because each time you go up a difficulty they add some new guys to surprise you so the game always feels a little different, but demon souls had a better environment with the music and areas you went through just made it feel creepy, and dark souls 1 he liked more because the bosses were crazy hard and presented a challenge to figure out how to get past them. I'm almost done my second play through on ng+ have 4 main bosses to do and 4 optional bosses.

Also do you need xbox live for the free ds1?

Sounds very promising! Ill start my first one in half an hour.
    Yeah you need xbox live. Its one of those games with gold offers.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    ecneralc wrote:
    I've been thinking of getting watchdogs I just got thief it's pretty fun. Not sure if I want to get collectors of watchdogs if can find it or just regular one.

Cool! I want it but I only have an Xbox 360 and I don't think the graphics are the best on the Xbox 360. :-\
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    MrJuanMata wrote:
    ecneralc wrote:

Just saw dying light release has been pushed back from 01/06/2014 to 01/09/2014 :(.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Just took out the second demon of DS1 after about a dozen attempts and losing a lot of XP and man, my hart was in my throat when he finally died!

Must say, so far im really impressed. Been a long time since i had to work this hard and got so much satisfaction out of a video game!
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Just took out the second demon of DS1 after about a dozen attempts and losing a lot of XP and man, my hart was in my throat when he finally died!

Must say, so far im really impressed. Been a long time since i had to work this hard and got so much satisfaction out of a video game!

Ya the ancient dragon in dark souls 2 is insane. I was melee first play through so very glad it was an optional boss and didn't actually have to kill it to progress or I'm pretty sure i'd never have beat first play through gave up on it going to try and kill it in ng+ I'm on the stairs leading up to it. As melee only way to attack it is by its feet, but you have to watch for it to flap its wings if it flaps its wings you have to run as far as you possibly can away from it or your dead one hit no ifs ands or buts, problem is to attack its feet you have to be under it and it's so big you can't see the wings so you have to listen for the flap of its wings so you can run. Died like a million times then finally said screw it I'm just going to go to next area since before fighting the dragon you can talk to it and get the items to move on and not have to kill it lol.

Fixing autocorrect spelling mistakes.
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh ya beat the ancient dragon on ng+ when couldn't beat it on ng. (Or journey 2 when couldn't on journey 1 how they call it.) Took only 2 tries to beat him when last time couldn't even beat him so was happy it was just an optional boss lol.
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    DLC pack coming consists of 3 more chapters. Each chapter is $9.99 or season pass for $24.99 to get all 3.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!