EA Forums - Banner

Any ideas?

1Mastiff
184 posts Member
First off, I must say, I am truly jealous of your squidport. I abandoned mine a while ago, right after i finished the questline :P My SP looks like crap. Another thing, your design for the Homer Skyscraper is BRILLIANT!!!!! My jaw dropped. I really really love that design. But i also feel like a few things are a bit to crammed together and some things a bit "over decorated", if you get what i mean. Add a bit more roads, un-clutter a few buildings, and spread out the decorations a bit more. But overall, its a pretty nice town. :) 7 out of 10.

Replies

• 1Mastiff
    184 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for your comments, like many others I am limited to space, so a few things are crammed together, I may have to remove my logo to get more room. Guess I love my decorations, I may also have to remove some to make room.
  • jofre_nash
    1179 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Hey neighbor!
    Your town is awesome so whatever you do keep your parking lot and your sign. For me the Christmas corner would look better with not so many bells, or modified a little bit to have more free space. Also, now that Easter is over you can use that extra space for something else. Post pictures of your new modifications!
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Wow, that is an awesome town that has clearly had a lot of thought put into the design and decoration! My absolute favorite things are your use of 3D for the Observatory/Springfield sign and especially your unique 'downward' 3D for the Kong Tower, and your boat parking meters on the Squidport that I'm still laughing at.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • 1Mastiff
    184 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Again thanks for all your comments, I figured that mr burns owns squidport, so he is making money from the boat pakimg meters. I think the first thing I will do is redisgn the Christmas area, never a huge fan of how I designed it, I will just have to think of a design to shrink it.
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I think it was your Noiseland Video Arcade, if you move the train and bumper car to the side of the pavement instead of on the pavement (only one side does this) it would look better.

Overall, brilliant town! Well done!
  • joniferous
    521 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I think this is incredible! The 3D effects work wonders, and I really like the airport. My only thing would be to get rid of one or two trees that are blocking the view of Lincoln's cabin, but that might be because I adore that building.
    Good job!
  • 1Mastiff
    184 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for everyone's feedback, I have altered some areas of my town and updated the link.

https://tsto.me/s/1Mastiff

I have shrunken the Christmas area, removed some of the decorations around there, and removed some of the trees from around the cabin, there is also a small Easter park with a collection of topiary. I am still after inspiration for the graveyard section, never completely happy with it and seen better ones in my neighbours towns. And I may still do a complete redesign of my Christmas section. I have left the trains and bumper cars near noiseland arcade as they represent the walk upto the arcade / child's rides similar to the one in front of my shopping mall.

Thanks again for the suggestions.
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Looks awesome.

In my suggestion, I didn't mean to move the train and bumper car somewhere else, I meant to move them across one square.

6KERlNs.jpg
    If you move the two circled across to the blue area, it would look better and not as odd in my opinion.
  • 1Mastiff
    184 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, some misunderstanding there on my part, I have now moved the "rides" as you can see below.

cfC39ewl.jpg

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.