EA Forums - Banner

Serious Question

Prev1
I forgot to add that the forums have been on the decline as well. I checked the forums regularly and noticed this. I know the forum is most active with events or level up dates but the last level update wasn't as active as previous ones.

Replies

• JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes and no.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I visit three TSTO forums, two regularly. Both of those two have experienced a palpable decrease and comments just like yours are common to all.

There are several valid reasons I can think of, yours included.

Here's another one ... I mentioned in another forum that I think the little "leaks" of information we used to get from spAnser kept us energized. Lots of our time was spent theorizing what the smallest tidbit of his information might lead to. That's a reason for "teasers" across the entertainment industry.

Suddenly, that entire chain of info has been cut off. There is nothing to chat about between updates. It is, to me, as if a lot of the excitement and suspense just evaporated. Now it's nothing but "ho hum" until an event strikes out of the blue.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I haven't had that dramatic of a drop. 3 before the Easter event, and at just over 2 weeks away, I believe I'll have just one after Easter.
  • sandwedgeking
    2630 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Now it's nothing but "ho hum" until an event strikes out of the blue.
    I prefer the "ho hum" to the incessant moaning and whining that was these forums during the Easter event...but maybe that's just me. ;-)
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I lost at least a dozen neighbors during Easter, and a few of my neighbors who played through the event have been off for at least a week. (One has a sign in the landing zone about being "on hols" but the others are just inactive.)
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Now it's nothing but "ho hum" until an event strikes out of the blue.
    I prefer the "ho hum" to the incessant moaning and whining that was these forums during the Easter event...but maybe that's just me. ;-)

That was incredibly draining. IMHO it was all justified, and in scope the reactions to the event fit the occasion appropriately, but it WAS incredibly draining.

I was, then, pleasantly surprised at the positive response and gratitude to the 20-free-donuts gift a week or so ago. Again, IMHO, it was all justified, and, again, in scope the reactions to THAT event fit the occasion appropriately. It was almost exhilarating. :)

I think we're a pretty reasonable group. We put blame (and credit) where it belongs.

Now that I'm finished being snarky, if you have nothing else to do with your time young man, perhaps you could come up with some ideas for what to do with that land around the back of my SF's Fat Tony's compound/prison, that do not involve us relying on the wrong town glitch if you catch my drift.. (Please?)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited May 2014
    Lost a few, but added far more. I've lost a few with every event. I really don't care and have trouble understanding why anyone would.
  • rpk333236
    224 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I have only replaced one or two neighbors post Easter event, but my playtime has gone down and the same with forum usage. I found the Easter event to be a bit frustrating, but I actually miss it. Now I clear handshakes, have characters on 8/12 hour tasks and do a neighbor run. During the event there were bunnies to tap and eggs to convert so I was on way more.

In regards to other games I find Family Guy ok, but I don't play much(although I am level 27ish). Clash of Clans on the other hand I was introduced to by a friend(who just came back to tapped out for the first time since last summer actually) and that game is a lot of fun so far.
  • Corrcorrcorr
    1139 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I don't get why people like the Family Guy game... it's horrible imo. But I guess it's matter of taste.

Neighbours I deleted after Easter even fiasco had already stopped playing before the event.
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I don't get why people like the Family Guy game... it's horrible imo. But I guess it's matter of taste.

Neighbours I deleted after Easter even fiasco had already stopped playing before the event.

you kill yourself if you ever try to understand people, everybody is different that's what makes us all unique I too share your sentiment the game is stupid, the material is ****, seriously the main character has a ball sack for a chin. Don't get me started on the kid with the stupid football shaped helmet head.
  • deana214
    20 posts
    edited May 2014
    We need more quests.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:

you kill yourself if you ever try to understand people, everybody is different that's what makes us all unique I too share your sentiment the game is stupid, the material is ****, seriously the main character has a ball sack for a chin. Don't get me started on the kid with the stupid football shaped helmet head.

I am in total agreement.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    ax0n01 wrote:
    Quemical wrote:
    ax0n01 wrote:
    i just deleted this game. there were too many instructions and walk-throughs, it didn't feel like a game or feel fun. (besides i never got into Family Guy anyway.)

To me the game had as many walk-troughs as TSTO. "Click the character, do this task, place the building here, visit your friend's town, etc"

I don't really care much for Family Guy, but after getting through the tutorial, i really enjoyed the game. The game seemed cheap and lame when i first saw it, but i gave it a shot and almost liking it more than TSTO, it still needs some improvements when it comes to decorating your town.

well i would say that it was smooth, no glitches or lags. but i'm just not invested in Family Guy and won't get their jokes.

^ from the Family Guy game thread. That's all I have to say.
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I have noticed that my neighbors do not play as often as before but most of them still play everyday. I always try to at least play the game two times a day. I have been playing this game for over a year now and I have wasted a lot of money on this game so it would seem very pointless for me to stop playing. I still enjoy this game and I will stick with it to the very end.
  • joniferous
    521 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    ax0n01 wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:

I am in total agreement.

I don't really like the FG game, it just doesn't seem to flow as well for me as TSTO does, and in terms of the actual programmes, I always have loved Simpsons, for me it never lost my interest, however Family Guy I liked the mid 3 seasons, but it isn't something I would watch several times (unlike The Simpsons, which I must have seen every episode twenty times or more!)

But going back to the OP, yes, I've noticed people seem to have dropped off since Easter, but then I know some are still experiencing problems with game crashing.
  • BaileyCat88
    259 posts
    edited May 2014
    My neighbors have remained pretty constant. I might have dropped two.
    However, I can say for myself that I definitely needed a break after the Easter event; I haven't stopped playing but I cut back to once a day. Haven't been to the forum lately, either.
    I hope to look forward to the next event or update with a renewed positive attitude!

I'm not even remotely interested in checking out the FG game. Simpsons is where it's at! :lol:
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I deleted a load of neighbours during the Easter event and this week I had to get rid of a few more because they hadn't been playing for 3 weeks or more.

I didn't even notice until now because they all still had things to tap - the beauty of having neighbours with house farms I suppose!
  • kevfd
    377 posts
    edited May 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:
    Yes and no.

pics?? No pics means you lie!! Apparently :twisted:
  • kevfd
    377 posts
    edited May 2014
    Don't think ppl have necessary left because of FGTQFS release; but Easter?? Probably yes!! Lots of players, myself included, play both games but Easter just pissed the majority of people off.... I have lost lots of friends, many long-term players which is sad... Also, quite a few resorted to hacking the game because of Easter imho :? I don't play anywhere near as much as before Easter because to be quite honest, I have lost the desire after being mugged off by EA's last event... Thankfully FGTQFS has stepped into the void with their recent events... If ppl have left TSTO for FGTQFS, that'd be totally understandable given that its developers actively and openly encourage user-interaction rather than just ignoring them; calling them liars; ripping them off etc, etc. Tiny co's founder used to work for EA so is well aware of its negative customer-related actions and thankfully decided they aren't going to approach their user-base in the same way... :-)
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I visit three TSTO forums, two regularly. Both of those two have experienced a palpable decrease and comments just like yours are common to all.

There are several valid reasons I can think of, yours included.

Here's another one ... I mentioned in another forum that I think the little "leaks" of information we used to get from spAnser kept us energized. Lots of our time was spent theorizing what the smallest tidbit of his information might lead to. That's a reason for "teasers" across the entertainment industry.

Suddenly, that entire chain of info has been cut off. There is nothing to chat about between updates. It is, to me, as if a lot of the excitement and suspense just evaporated. Now it's nothing but "ho hum" until an event strikes out of the blue.

I agree! However, I like it when I see leaked info on Spanser's website because I know something is coming out later that day or tomorrow! :-\
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.