EA Forums - Banner

iOS 8 announced!!

Prev1
ecneralc
3182 posts Member
Hopefully Safari won't be as glitch-riddled this time around.

Replies

• ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    crosby357 wrote:

Ya hopefully lol. There was a rumour that iTunes might also become an app for android phones haven't heard anything yet. The family thing sounds really good, sync all phones together buy the app once everyone gets it, kid tries to buy an app notification comes up on the parents phone to deny or accept to allow them to buy it or not.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    i like how the predictive texts will know how to differentiate between your boss, co-workers and friends. it learns professional vs. casual wording. also it allows for 3rd party keyboards, so thats neat too.

also widgets and further integration with os x is a plus.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Thank you for keeping us up to speed. :thumbup:
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    Thank you for keeping us up to speed. :thumbup:

Got it off techcrunch site, so not my own work lol.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Theres tons of information on apples site for both the new OS X Yosemite and the new iOS 8 :-)

Its going to be a fantastic fall with all the new features :-)
  • wilki1999
    3974 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Hopefully, ipod 4th generations might get it this time. Unlikely, we havent even had ios 7 yet
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Theres tons of information on apples site for both the new OS X Yosemite and the new iOS 8 :-)

Its going to be a fantastic fall with all the new features :-)

Ah nice they do have stuff up. There's rumours the iPhone 6 was suppose to be announced as well seeing if I can find info now on that.
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    wilki1999 wrote:
    Hopefully, ipod 4th generations might get it this time. Unlikely, we havent even had ios 7 yet

Sorry :(

6zvaeGr.jpg
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    (It knows who I'm talking to?)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    (It knows who I'm talking to?)

Ya so you'll never tell your boss "I love you" by "accident" again lol.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    So when is the announcement of the next iPhone supposed to come out? Apple needs a bigger screen if the want me to switch back.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    ax0n01 wrote:
    So when is the announcement of the next iPhone supposed to come out? Apple needs a bigger screen if the want me to switch back.

Its generally announced in September
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    ecneralc wrote:
    crosby357 wrote:

Ya hopefully lol. There was a rumour that iTunes might also become an app for android phones haven't heard anything yet. The family thing sounds really good, sync all phones together buy the app once everyone gets it, kid tries to buy an app notification comes up on the parents phone to deny or accept to allow them to buy it or not.
    Wouldn't that be something. Two major competitors sharing their stores on each others devices.
    "The 🎃🎃🎃🎃 of the future will be the anti-🎃🎃🎃🎃."
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    Wouldn't that be something. Two major competitors sharing their stores on each others devices.

ITunes is already on Windows devices, Windows programs have been on Apple for over a decade, Google's apps are already on IOS devices. It's not really out of character for operating systems to allow rival's applications onto their operating system, they allow each other onto their operating system eventually
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited June 2014
    ax0n01 wrote:

iphone 6 is rumoured to have a 4.7 inch screen this is info from a few leaks

• NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited June 2014
    baddazoner wrote:
    ax0n01 wrote:

iphone 6 is rumoured to have a 4.7 inch screen this is info from a few leaks

Phone looks quite good

I still find it quite funny that a few years back phones were getting smaller and now they just seem to be getting bigger and bigger :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    ax0n01 wrote:
    I do NOT want a bigger screen. If we can have the ipad and ipad mini and a 5c and 5s then if they are going to do a bigger screen then also one with a smaller screen. Its part of why I bought the 5 in the first place!
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited June 2014
    ax0n01 wrote:
    I do NOT want a bigger screen. If we can have the ipad and ipad mini and a 5c and 5s then if they are going to do a bigger screen then also one with a smaller screen. Its part of why I bought the 5 in the first place!

if all the rumours and leaks are true there will be a 4.7 inch around September and a 5.5 inch later in the year or in 2015

if you want smaller you'll have to stick to the 5 or 5s seems like apple is going down the bigger phone road.
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

ITunes is already on Windows devices, Windows programs have been on Apple for over a decade, Google's apps are already on IOS devices. It's not really out of character for operating systems to allow rival's applications onto their operating system, they allow each other onto their operating system eventually

How it is right now, iTunes and iTunes Radio are combined. They plan on separating them and revamping iTunes. Rumours are that iTunes will be on android (by iTunes they mean the music store not App Store), but only iPhones will get the iTunes Radio.
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited June 2014
    ecneralc wrote:
    crosby357 wrote:

itunes sucks. when i ever had an ipod i alwauys modded it and put rockbox on it to just drag n' drop sounds the good ol fasiond way. never been ritch enugh for an ipod toutch or ipad whatever, but im sure theres stuff for those to ditch craptunes.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!